Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Religion of Peace Strikes Again: Teacher beheaded in France after showing Mohammed cartoons

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Religion of Peace Strikes Again: Teacher beheaded in France after showing Mohammed cartoons

I think it's fortunate in a sense that the Islamic terrorists don't seem to have a clue how a western society works. They kill one teacher for showing some cartoons, and in response I bet those cartoons will now be shown in classrooms more than ever before.

Education is in fact the most effective sword one can wield against radical islam. That and secularisation of public institutions. After all, it has been working well to disperse that other cult, Christianity. Unfortunately there's some remnants left who seem intent on rekindling their atavistic world views by turning what should be a fight against religious radicalism into a fight between religions, which can only serve to make both stronger.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Default Re: Religion of Peace Strikes Again: Teacher beheaded in France after showing Mohammed cartoons

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    I think it's fortunate in a sense that the Islamic terrorists don't seem to have a clue how a western society works. They kill one teacher for showing some cartoons, and in response I bet those cartoons will now be shown in classrooms more than ever before.

Education is in fact the most effective sword one can wield against radical islam. That and secularisation of public institutions. After all, it has been working well to disperse that other cult, Christianity. Unfortunately there's some remnants left who seem intent on rekindling their atavistic world views by turning what should be a fight against religious radicalism into a fight between religions, which can only serve to make both stronger.
    Islamic terrorists do indeed know how Western society works, hence why they are pretty comfortable, knowing that Western oikophobic elites would rather side with them then their own people.
    Problem in your logic is egalitarianism itself is textbook example of an atavistic world view. The crux of the problem are the Western elites that are mentally stuck in idealistic bubble of utopian centuries-old ideologies and do everything to prevent the world from moving forward in a pragmatic way. France is already as secular as a nation can get. So the issue is not "not enough" secularization, but the harmful and inefficient policy of mass-importing third world foreigners that will never adapt to European society in foreseeable future. Ending that policy as well as resolving the problem of parallel societies via reduction of welfare and encouragement of emigration of their members could do the trick, but that would require real leadership, which France, unfortunately, is lacking.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

French discourse seems to be escalating, wherever it’s heading, I hope a consensus against Islamism is forming.

This, from a popular left wing magazine.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The footer reads “How long will we take it lying down?”

Edit: What is the face of that head from? Looks familiar.
    Last edited by Aexodus; October 20, 2020 at 04:26 PM.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    So the issue is not "not enough" secularization, but the harmful and inefficient policy of mass-importing third world foreigners that will never adapt to European society in foreseeable future. Ending that policy as well as resolving the problem of parallel societies via reduction of welfare and encouragement of emigration of their members could do the trick, but that would require real leadership, which France, unfortunately, is lacking.
    I'm not going to argue the immigration angle. Let's just park that for now. Let's instead consider the descendants of migrants in the second, third, fourth generation etc.. Much more interesting, since they're far more numerous and they have the same rights as any other citizen. For any islamic radicals amongst them, you offer the solution to 'encourage emigration'. Assuming (perhaps wrongly?) you do not mean the kind of eviction that's generally considered to fall under the header "ethnic cleansing" or "genocide", what 'encouragements' are you suggesting, and how would you go about deciding who deserves to be 'encouraged' and who does not?
    Last edited by Muizer; October 20, 2020 at 05:02 PM.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

I'm not going to argue the immigration angle. Let's just park that for now. Let's instead consider the descendants of migrants in the second, third, fourth generation etc.. Much more interesting, since they're far more numerous and they have the same rights as any other citizen. For any islamic radicals amongst them, you offer the solution to 'encourage emigration'. Assuming (perhaps wrongly?) you do not mean the kind of eviction that's generally considered to fall under the header "ethnic cleansing" or "genocide", what 'encouragements' are you suggesting, and how would you go about deciding who deserves to be 'encouraged' and who does not?
    I think you were correct in doubting your assumption.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

@Aex: looks to me to be the personification of Liberty, though I could be wrong.

So the reasonable solution touted in this thread is to violate the rights of French citizens and deport them based on their religious classification. You know that policy does sound vaguely familiar but I can’t rightly put my finger on where I might have heard it before.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Two words, which begin with M...K... .
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

What is the face of that head from? Looks familiar.
    French republic.

Marianne is the embodiment of the French Republic its personification or symbol since the French revolution.

Marianne represents the permanent values that found her citizens' attachment to the Republic: "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity".

Basically it is the chick with the flag, with her breasts hanging out.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; October 21, 2020 at 10:25 AM.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Culturally diverse,the islamic radicals and the muscular nationalistic right both share similar ideas and hate: virulently agaisnt the modernity, against tolerance, social inclusion, sexual liberty. They both use religion in order to form closed, radical groups. I keep hearing that any Muslim is a potential terrrorist...
    How far this horrible, tragic event will boost the immune system of the French fascism remains to be seen. Only a racist bigot who thinks their religion is above others and the secular law of France assume they have a right to execute summarily those who they deem as transgressors against their own god.

Rings a bell?
    Christchurch anniversary: Jacinda Ardern says New Zealand changed after mosque attacks

...But the challenge for us will be ensuring that in our every day actions-and in every opportunity where we see bullying, harassment, racism,discrimination - calling it out as a nation.
    Last edited by Ludicus; October 21, 2020 at 11:10 AM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

pacifism's Avatar see the day
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Police are investigating a stabbing under the Eiffel Tower as a possible hate crime.

It has been my firm belief for some time that the French people do not deserve France. Something must be done, some change made and have some element of their culture removed if they refuse to be civilized. Nevertheless, I will wait for the moderate Frenchmen to condemn this violence and intimidation.

"Language of love", my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    I know. It’s a big identity problem in France too in my opinion. People need to be able to put their nationality first or else society is fractured, and future war efforts could have big problems too.
    I disagree completely. The nations plot and rage and squabble every day. People need to be put their humanity and the humanity of others before their nation.

I for one can't wait for less and less war effort.
    Read the latest TWC Content and check out the Wiki!
    ---
    Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement

Mithradates's Avatar Domesticus

Students 'paid €300' to identify Samuel Paty

Two students were paid to identify a teacher to the man who beheaded him last Friday in an attack that shocked France, prosecutors have alleged.
    The students, aged 14 and 15, are alleged to have described Mr Paty, 47, to Anzorov and stayed with him for more than two hours outside the school until the teacher appeared, Mr Ricard said.
    The prosecutor also said there was a "direct causal link" between the killing and an online hate campaign that was orchestrated against Mr Paty.

The campaign was allegedly launched by the father of one of his pupils. The man, 48, who has been named in French media only as Brahim C, is accused of issuing a "fatwa" against the teacher.

On Wednesday, Mr Ricard confirmed reports that Brahim C, who is also facing prosecution, had exchanged a number of text messages with Mr Paty's killer prior to the attack.
    Police have raided some 40 homes following the attack, and the government also ordered a mosque to close for six months.

The Pantin mosque, just north of Paris, was closed after it emerged it had shared videos on Facebook calling for action against Mr Paty.

In one clip, posted just days before the attack, it also shared his school's address.

The mosque later expressed "regret" over the videos, which it has deleted, and condemned the teacher's killing.
    Oh, so they "regret" it? Everything is fine then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithradates View Post
    Students 'paid €300' to identify Samuel Paty
    Oh, so they "regret" it? Everything is fine then.
    Did that "hate" campaign call for violence against the victim?
    The Armenian Issue

The Pantin mosque, just north of Paris, was closed after it emerged it had shared videos on Facebook calling for action against Mr Paty.
    What do you take from that? they call on him to be punished as a fatwa.

Also they doxed him.

Last i checked hate speech is a crime in France so there is that.

Not so long ago...

A teenager has sparked a national debate about blasphemy in France after an Instagram post calling Islam a "religion of hate".

Mila, 16, posted her comments online after receiving homophobic abuse from a Muslim commenter.

She received death threats and has not attended school since.

But Mila has refused to back down, saying in her first television interview that she "wanted to blaspheme".

She has since deactivated her Instagram account.

The post has sparked a huge debate in France over freedom of speech. The country has no national blasphemy laws and has a rigidly secular constitution.

Police initially opened two investigations: the first into whether Mila was guilty of hate speech, and the second into her online attackers. They have since dropped the hate speech case as Mila was expressing a personal opinion on religion and not targeting individuals.

Mina said her life was "clearly on hold" amid the controversy. She had to leave school because of the threats against her, saying she could have been "burned with acid, hit, stripped naked in public or buried alive".
    The controversy began on 18 January, after Mila did a live broadcast on her Instagram account. After speaking about her sexuality she was called a "dirty lesbian" by a Muslim commenter.

In response, Mila posted an attack on Islam. "I hate religion. The Koran is a religion of hate," she said, before using stronger words to attack Islam.

"I am not racist. You cannot be racist towards a religion. I said what I thought, you're not going to make me regret it."

Incompatible values and all that.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51369960
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; October 22, 2020 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    What do you take from that? they call on him to be punished as a fatwa.
    Also they doxed him.
    Last i checked hate speech is a crime in France so there is that.
    Not so long ago...
    Incompatible values and all that.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51369960
    Calling for action is a fatwa for punishment?
    The Armenian Issue

As I said, encouraging emigration would be best way to resolve the issue. All it takes is ending the welfare gravy train as well as other types of preferential treatment for foreigners, like diversity quotas, while cutting off all immigration from third world in its entirety. Would save taxpayers a pretty large sum too, which could be spent on something actually useful - like space program or scientific research.

As I said, encouraging emigration would be best way to resolve the issue. All it takes is ending the welfare gravy train as well as other types of preferential treatment for foreigners, like diversity quotas, while cutting off all immigration from third world in its entirety. Would save taxpayers a pretty large sum too, which could be spent on something actually useful - like space program or scientific research.
    Agreed. I wonder if France is going to be the first leading European country to show the way. They seem to be heading in the right direction. Whether Macron actually believes in what he's doing or he's doing it for fear of a rise in Lepen's percentages is another story, but it doesn't really matter.

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    I wonder if France is going to be the first leading European country to show the way.
    What is the way, exactly? maybe religion will fade from relevancy as the world modernizes. In my opinion,Macron shouldn't have said that Islam is a "religion that is in crisis all over the world today",a racist and xenophobic remark. The "Proud Boys" of this world are now emboldened by Macron's language.
    ButI completely agree with the new bill that the French government will present in December. This new law outward displays of religious affiliation in schools and the public service.

In Australia chaplains are now banned from Canberra's public schools, taking the religion out of it. Well done.

Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    Agreed. I wonder if France is going to be the first leading European country to show the way. They seem to be heading in the right direction. Whether Macron actually believes in what he's doing or he's doing it for fear of a rise in Lepen's percentages is another story, but it doesn't really matter.

I'm fairly confident it is the latter.
    It is no secret that popularity of nationalist and identitarian movements have been overall growing since 1990s, when more of European working class became gradually desillusioned with both Marxism and globalist liberalism, so it doesn't surprise me that he wants to abandon the corporate neoliberalism ship and present himself as nationalist - mainly to avoid electoral mauling he'll receive since Islamic terrorism in France will be a major ballot issue. At the end of the day, I can't blame him - future is with pragmatic nationalism and identitarianism, while both marxism and globalist liberalism are archaic ideological relics of the long gone past.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

In my opinion,Macron shouldn't have said that Islam is a "religion that is in crisis all over the world today",a racist and xenophobic remark.
    Why is it racist?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Citizen

Islam isn't a religion that is in crisis over all the world. A very radical statement. Is Islamophobia replacing antisemitism? What Macron said is a bizarre attempt to take the French far-right electoral ground.

It is no secret that popularity of nationalist and identitarian movements have been overall growing since 1990s,.
    I dont buy the idea of a racist nationalism, the idea of the Christian occident and the French people on the one side and Islam and foreigners on the other, this opposition between friend and foe. We already know how it ends, the idea of a "Europe of Fatherlands"
    Last edited by Ludicus; October 28, 2020 at 05:03 PM.
    Charles Péguy

Thomas Piketty