Thread: Game Crashed on the turn Aragorn offered to serve Gondor

Yomamashouse's Avatar Semisalis

Default Game Crashed on the turn Aragorn offered to serve Gondor

Hi everyone,

Playing my first campaign of third age in years as Gondor. Around turn 73 there was an event in which Aragorn offered to become the Captain of Gondor's forces. The game game crashed on that turn and when I reloaded the autosave it started at the beginning of the turn but no Aragorn offer happened.

Is the event gone forever? I can see in the relevant campaign file that once the event registers as having been offered, it no longer is available (It is just a variable that is 1 or 0, and once offered it becomes 1 and the event no longer happens). Since I reloaded the autosave after a crash, does this mean that it rolled a new random value at the start of the turn and the event didn't appear... meaning I can wait a few turns and it will happen again? Or has the offer registered in the game file and the event is gone?

I know enough coding to maybe stick an event or recruitment option in one of the files with export_ in front of it, but if I don't have to I'd rather not screw around with the game files.

Default Re: Game Crashed on the turn Aragorn offered to serve Gondor

Hmm, weird bug. I think it probably means you won't get Aragorn. Too bad...

It comes on a random turn after turn 70. Maybe it will eventually come back after a few turns, but I think the game just assumes you said no.

Honestly though Aragorns offer is not a good idea unless you have lost your good starting generals. You get a good general but you make your Faction Leader get a bunch of bad traits. To make Aragorn Faction Leader you have get Aragorn adopted and then your Faction Leader and Faction heir have to die. (Funny that that is exactly what happened in the lore.)
    Last edited by Steward Denethor II; December 07, 2020 at 10:13 PM.