Thread: Mod doesn't work. Help

Default Mod doesn't work. Help

Hi, I'm not a modder at all but I like to mod Total War games to my taste. I was able to mod Rome 2 and Attila, but that was a long time ago. I recently got to play Troy and I wanted to mod some stuff. Problem is, things don't seem to work when I do it.

I took the "no supply lines" mod from nexus and I was like "what the heck, let's see if I still can mod myself this". So I downloaded RPFM from twcenter and tried to mod this thing. I swear everything seems cloned, but when I try to play with the mod I made, it doesn't work. When I use this specific mod, it works.

My question is: Can you please tell me what is wrong this the little mod I made? You can find the mod here (I hope links from wetransfer are allowed on twcenter). It's basically the same, yet my version doesn't work and the one from nexus works.

My problem is not this mod itself, because I can simply play with the other one, but coming from Attila, I am not used to heroes so I'd like to have some fun on my own way modding the heck out of Achilles and stuff. That in case somebody asks why don't I simply use the other mod. Thanks in advance for the answer!

TL/DR:
    Why doesn't my mod works? What did I do wrong?
    Last edited by FoxXeL; October 16, 2020 at 05:01 PM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Mod doesn't work. Help

I haven't played troy a single turn but I was able to make mods working via the script method
    CA has published something recently, about modding troy, google it

the only difference I see between your packs and the released one is an effect added and the fact that while yours is a "mod pack" the released one is a "movie pack"
    in RPFM go to Packflie > ChangePackfileType, try by putting Movie

Default Re: Mod doesn't work. Help

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    the only difference I see between your packs and the released one is an effect added and the fact that while yours is a "mod pack" the released one is a "movie pack"
    in RPFM go to Packflie > ChangePackfileType, try by putting Movie
    Thanks, Jake, I already asked on Reddit and yeah, that was the issue. Still, I appreciate your reply. Have a nice day!