Thread: [Survey] DeI Multiplayer Battle Submod

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default [Survey] DeI Multiplayer Battle Submod

Hello everyone!

Since SP and MP experience varies heavily, main mod has to be made with both in mind, although leaning more into SP part.

Creating a MP only submod for battles allows us to add greater degree of realism since we are not hindered by AI.

Please take a moment and complete below survey, this will help us a lot with what direction we should pick for it!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...rm?usp=sf_link
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Default Re: [Survey] DeI Multiplayer Battle Submod

not necessarily being interested in multiplayer battles with DEI, but are these changes also targeted to multiplayer campaigns?

I answered to the survey, many tough questions indeed but easy one for me was that elephants and chariots should be better since they are almost never worth it at the moment since they are so easily countered by missiles and infantry

Just asking to be clear about the possible submod in designs for DeI multiplayer, would it only be for battles or would it also focus on multiplayer campaigns? DeI is awesome mod to play especially in a proper versus campaign but only some of the factions make sense in a MPC setting when placed against each other

1) I would like to see heavy shock cavalry is being buffed for multi-player campaigns, I don't see a point in using them instead of medium-heavy missile cavalry. They can counter Elephants, missile-based compositions, light cavalry flanks, etc, and can actually hurt elite troops from behind throwing missiles. They are very cost-effective. I played twice against Parthia and its armored horse archers have outperformed cataphracts in general.

2) Parthian foot archers are absurdly broken on higher funds. They cost a lot but still, not only they are one of the best archer unit in the game, but also a good melee shock troops. Weaken the enemy lines with arrows and then charge... I find them -backed by armored horse archer cataphracts- impossible to beat on with any elite army composition. Except for maybe armored horse archer spam from Scythians.
    Reducing their melee defence and armor, but increasing the missile block chance and melee attack or charge might solve the problem. At their current state, they can hold enemy infantry for hammering as an archer unit.
    So Parthia can afford to go 5-6 foot archers and rest cavalary. No infantry needed.
    Last edited by tndgu; October 17, 2020 at 09:26 AM.