Thread: All factions playable! [No reskinned vanilla major faction]

Default All factions playable! [No reskinned vanilla major faction]

Hi!
    Okay, were many mods with similar name like this one, but other mods only moved vanilla playable factions to another start possition and changed colors, name and etc. or added new playable factions to tutorial campaign start menu. When I started work on my main project (Last Alliance: Total War), I did that any faction really can be playable, not only be reskined one from vanilla (tutorial here), but limit of playable factions in singleplayer campaign (because co-op campaing never been limited) was 12 - now I changed it \ ^^ /

Here is 46 playable factions and still I can add more ^^
    MODDB Download
    Steam Workshop Download

So now all factions from vanilla Sengoku campaign are playable in singleplayer and multiplayer but I didn't do anything more. So minor factions don't have own traits, etc. However it still was much work with edition of UI. Maybe later I will expand this mod
    Here is my tutorial how to change which factions are showing in menu of new campaign and here is my tutorial how do add more factions slots to this menu.

Last edited by Sara Temer; October 24, 2020 at 06:14 PM.
    Wolf girl who likes to draw anime girls ❤️ DeviantArt, Twitter
    Also mad creator of

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
    TWCenter Forum, MODDB, Patreon

Default Re: All factions playable! [No reskinned vanilla major faction]

Great to see you manged to figure it out. Now I imagine there should be a way to move the icons around a bit so they don't overlap so much. Perhaps put them in 3 rows of 12 and 1 row of 10. But I guess that would require moving other UI parts as well.

Anyway, great job
    Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Shogun 2 Mod

Hello! Would it be possible to do this for Master of Strategy mod - to play as any faction from that mod? I imagine that is a huge undertaking so I would understand if you don't ever intend to pursuit such a thing, good job anyways!

Quote Originally Posted by Collateral_dmg View Post
    Great to see you manged to figure it out. Now I imagine there should be a way to move the icons around a bit so they don't overlap so much. Perhaps put them in 3 rows of 12 and 1 row of 10. But I guess that would require moving other UI parts as well.

Anyway, great job
    Well, I can horizontally expand this menu (is still enough place on screen to do it). Is a bit problematic to make few rows, because when I moved button vertically, then game still saw this button as part of first row and kept place for them in this row:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelis View Post
    Hello! Would it be possible to do this for Master of Strategy mod - to play as any faction from that mod? I imagine that is a huge undertaking so I would understand if you don't ever intend to pursuit such a thing, good job anyways!
    I will publish tutorial how to increase amount of playable faction, so anyone who would like to have more playable factions in own mod will can do it. But if anyone want to do it with Master of Strategy then need ask Weierstrass about RAW mod files to edit them in Assembly Kit, because making faction playable in startpos via ESF Editor it very not good way.
    Also mad creator of

New update available on MODDB and Workshop (fixed some bugs)
    Also mad creator of