Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And now, for your reading pleasure, Cookiegod will summarily narrate the end of Rome in more than a thousand words.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Default And now, for your reading pleasure, Cookiegod will summarily narrate the end of Rome in more than a thousand words.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: And now, for your reading pleasure, Cookiegod will summarily narrate the end of Rome in more than a thousand words.

I see no word here. The cookie is a lie
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Citizen

Default Re: And now, for your reading pleasure, Cookiegod will summarily narrate the end of Rome in more than a thousand words.

"A picture is worth more than a thousand words."
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_pi...thousand_words

Right, pretty sure the Ottomans wore turbans and not horned helmets. They were also equipped with scimitars and not axes. Furthermore, the expression of Constantine XI's head is almost certainly correct, but the emperor was not beardless. Actually, moustaches and goatees had become pretty fashionable since Phocas. Or is this supposed to be a "historically authentic™" depiction of his facial hair? Cookiegod, you were judged by the Tribunal of Historical Accuracy and found Creative Assembly.
    Penalty: Tiger food

The accused is entitled to pre-ordering the verdict for a cut of 10% of the original punishment.

Dura lex sed lex.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    Right, pretty sure the Ottomans wore turbans and not horned helmets.
    Well how else is the helmet supposed to fit to my skull form?

From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Those are some strong ankles you've got there Cookie. Why does Roma look like he's enjoying this? His face is all like: "yea baby give me more hmmmm." Truly a masterpiece worthy of the Halls of Louvre. Toss that piece of called the Mona Lisa in the bin and put this in the spotlight.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Turkafinwë View Post
    Toss that piece of called the Mona Lisa in the bin and put this in the spotlight.
    if you are gonna go to trow that away, please give it to me.. I always dreamed of using it as toilet paper
    Last edited by Flinn; October 13, 2020 at 08:17 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Content Emeritus

Sold! To the green gentleman in the beige robes. The one with the lovable smile. You can come and collect your item at the end of the auction between 21:00 and 21:30. Don't be late or miss your chance of acquiring this fine piece of toiletry.

Blog Entries

I never said I wanted to buy it, dammit

remember, I made a wove of poverty
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Content Emeritus

I'm sorry sir but no takesy backsies. You have purchased this article for the grand cost of ZERO 's. I'd like to see the cash immediatly or I will have to call security. Unless you have another way of paying me?

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Blog Entries

I don't think you want me to pay you in nature, do you?

Do you accept Yeuros?

Content Emeritus

I'm open to anything in these struggling times

Blog Entries

I'm open to anything
    this is a very dangerous expression to use, when I'm around

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    this is a very dangerous expression to use, when I'm around
    ^^

Citizen

Why does Roma look like he's enjoying this?
    He's into it, that's why.
    Toss that piece of called the Mona Lisa in the bin and put this in the spotlight.
    I'm too lazy to do that, but please imagine a lovely Mona Lisa Roma photoshop. Aaaah, that mysterious smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    Well I'm talking about the future "Roma is to be destroyed", not the past "Roma has been destroyed", but I suppose your proposed method would be a great way of doing that.

You mean 'Roma deleta erit?'

Citizen

No, the future passive participle/gerundium of deleo when referring to a feminine word is delenda.
    Roma delenda est = Roma is to be destroyed. Rom muss zerstört werden.
    Deleta on the other hand is the perfect participle, combining this past with the future erit gives a grammatically correct though very weird sentence:
    Roma deleta erit = Roma is to have been destroyed. Rom wird zerstört gewesen sein.

I suffered through many years of Latin. Shame on you for questioning my divine knowledge. I speak ex cathedra always except when I lie.

Ok, you are talking about the nominal gerundive, but why has the Roman already lost his head then?^^

7 years of Latin aka big latinum have left tracks.^^

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

No, the future passive participle/gerundium of deleo when referring to a feminine word is delenda.
    Roma delenda est = Roma is to be destroyed. Rom muss zerstört werden.
    Deleta on the other hand is the perfect participle, combining this past with the future erit gives a grammatically correct though very weird sentence:
    Roma deleta erit = Roma is to have been destroyed. Rom wird zerstört gewesen sein.

I suffered through many years of Latin. Shame on you for questioning my divine knowledge. I speak ex cathedra always except when I lie.
    This man knows how to Latin!

I am moved by this nonverbal interpretive dance you've done demonstrating the end of the Roman Empire. Tragic, but moving. And by that I mean the quality of your performance was a tragedy and your body happened to be moving simultaneously.

There was only one man who could have saved Rome after Honorius, and his name was Officer Doofy.
    (warning: TOS violation, explicit content, crass sexual humor):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast