Thread: With the sale on what DLC's do you recommend? / Anyone still playing the Alexander campaign?

Default With the sale on what DLC's do you recommend? / Anyone still playing the Alexander campaign?

It's been a long time since I last booted up Rome 2 and DEI, with the sale on what do you recommend?
    I was looking at Rise of the Republic or Wrath of Sparta but not sure if it's worth it.

Also has anyone played the Alexander campaign lately? Does Persia still send constant doom stacks to grind you to dust?

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

Default Re: With the sale on what DLC's do you recommend? / Anyone still playing the Alexander campaign?

Depends on your interests but I would say all of the campaign DLCs with the exception of Wrath are pretty solid. I personally found Wrath to be really lackluster. I put a lot of time in CiG and HatG and really like those campaigns. If all you play is grand campaign then the faction DLC's are good too as every faction add by the DLCs are integrated into DEI with their own unique units. RotR is pretty cool though I haven't done much with it beyond browsing the new features which there are quite a few that have been added.

Default Re: With the sale on what DLC's do you recommend? / Anyone still playing the Alexander campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Beedo83 View Post
    Depends on your interests but I would say all of the campaign DLCs with the exception of Wrath are pretty solid. I personally found Wrath to be really lackluster. I put a lot of time in CiG and HatG and really like those campaigns. If all you play is grand campaign then the faction DLC's are good too as every faction add by the DLCs are integrated into DEI with their own unique units. RotR is pretty cool though I haven't done much with it beyond browsing the new features which there are quite a few that have been added.
    I always liked the smaller campaigns, I thought Wrath might be good because of DEI's overhaul. I have CiG and HatG already both really good. I ended up getting RotR, feels like Thrones of Britannia, everything is very personal and small scale.

Wrath is remade into Macedonian wars in DeI. I can highly recommend it.

Just a note about Alexander - the version is broken up into satrapies but yes it can be very challenging and was purposefully designed that way.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Came back to DeI after a few years and I am curious if "Rise of the Republic" and/or "Empire Divided" have been balanced by DeI team? I'm not interested in vanilla experience.

Also I remember that you were able to doubleclick the "eye" of a neutral or enemy's settlement and get a rough estimation of the supply situation in that region (low/medium/high). Was this feature removed or am I misremember?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakirin View Post
    Came back to DeI after a few years and I am curious if "Rise of the Republic" and/or "Empire Divided" have been balanced by DeI team? I'm not interested in vanilla experience.

Also I remember that you were able to doubleclick the "eye" of a neutral or enemy's settlement and get a rough estimation of the supply situation in that region (low/medium/high). Was this feature removed or am I misremember?
    Empire divided has the DEI challenge in it but the bad thing is that it has the Grand Campaign AOR units, so it feels out of place about third century Romans fighting along side with "Samnite swordsmen" and details like that.