Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Let's talk about demons

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: Let's talk about demons

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Though, curious, what about all the other religions/races/nations, who have lived in other parts of the world, and who geographically simply had no/little opportunity to meet the "Only God" ? Are they all doomed because they have worshipped the wrong god, and destined to burn in hell forever? Why would the christian god not reveal himself to them?
    I asked the answer is basically they live/lived in sin because their ancestors made false gods. So via blood attainder thay are all guilty until God gets around to revealing the big J and then depended on a very slow method of having the news spread. It is I suppose consistent with a literal interpretation of the OT since than with everyone starting from Adam and Eve just what 6000 years ago everyone should basically have stayed a believer. Or just as far back as the flood when again we are left with just one family who should be able to instruct their kids properly...
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

...when again we are left with just one family who should be able to instruct their kids properly
    So after God's masterplan mankind shall die out because of sicknesses and defects by incest like the neanderthals?
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'd say that there's quite a lot of confusion about

Limbo. (the Italian wikipedia page offers even more interpretations...)

I personally respect those who have a strong faith, but I can't help being critical towards the very concept of "salvation" and the idea of an original sin, which to me seems to be a pretty obvious and straight excuse to try to dominate people's life with a supernatural and unverifiable mean.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

That newborn babys shall be born with sin and if they are not baptized with holy water go to a special kind of hell, is something, which makes me with other christian beliefs and myths to a unbeliever of christian faith.

This kind of treatment of children is really demonic.
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; December 10, 2020 at 09:43 AM.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

You gotta get them started early or else it seems stupid as when someone finally explains religion to them.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Doesnt always work tbh... Since I had been small till teen years, the parents were trying to raise me as a strong christian, had to help in church all the time as "altar boy" or whatever is it called in english... Though eventually I realized things (or perhaps just the usual teen revolt against parents ), and told them I dont believe in a god... lol, what a day, it was like if an asteroid was about to hit Earth for them...

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    That newborn babys shall be born with sin and if they are not baptized with holy water go to a special kind of hell, is something, which makes me with other christian beliefs and myths to a unbeliever of christian faith.
    This kind of treatment of children is really demonic.
    Morticia lunia Bruti,

You do know that it was that kind of thinking by the Roman Catholic church that brought about the Reformation. The Bible does not teach such things but the one truth is that everyone is born into sin and so needs redemption before they die for the only outlook is heaven or hell.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456