Thread: [Submod] More Vassals

Default [Submod] More Vassals

This is a small submod I've made mostly for my own use; posting it in case someone else is interested. I'll post it to Steam if there's enough interest. Basically it changes the client state/satrapy system to be more like Attila. It's not "all diplomatic options enabled," just "more" for some factions. I'm particularly interested to see how it plays with nomadic factions.

I do still need to test some of the changes, so let me know how the changes play and if there are any mistakes/factions doing things they shouldn't be able to. Only factions that can usually confederate in DeI should be able to here, for example.

What it does:
    • Renames client states to tributary states, and satrapies to puppet states (using the terms Attila uses for now since that's where I got the idea, but could change it if I think of better terms)
    • Allows barbarian factions to make tributary states
    • Allows all civilized factions to make puppet states
    • Allows all factions to sack, liberate, loot, and subjugate cities
    • The Roman AI may now occasionally sack settlements

Changelog:
    10/11/2020 - Fixed Gallic factions being able to create puppet states. They shouldn't be able to do that anymore.
    10/18/2020 - Fixed some text that still referred to client states/satrapies.
    10/22/2020 - Fixed more text that still referred to client states/satrapies.
    2/27/2021 - Uploaded to Steam Workshop.

Mediafire Link
    Steam Workshop Link
    Last edited by Augustusng; February 27, 2021 at 05:54 PM.

Default Re: [Submod] More Vassals

Does this mod offer a way to plunder without capturing the region? (as Rome)
    I'm looking for a way to avoid my "loot->abandon to rebel" loop for my long term campaign.

Oh, is Rome not able to sack normally? Didn't realize that. Yes, this mod allows all factions to sack and liberate too.

Great thanks! I'll give it a try.

Centenarius

This looks well thought out, thank you!

Update: fixed Gallic factions being able to create puppet states. They shouldn't be able to do that anymore.

Update: fixed some text that still referred to client states/satrapies.

Update: fixed more text that still referred to client states/satrapies. I think I got it all this time, but let me know if there's any left.

Uploaded to Steam Workshop. It didn't need an update for 1.2.7, so it should still work fine.

Centenarius

Thank you for the Steam upload.

link media dont work

Works for me.