Thread: sship v0.97

Default sship v0.97

hi everyone, when will it be release any day planning? thx for answers

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: sship v0.97

Unfortunately, severe crashes have put the release on halt for now until the team gets to fix them . The 0.9.7 version is just not stable enough for a public release , we gonna have faith and wait , they will figure it out, they always do.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Personally, I find it a bit of a shame to have replaced the [release] SSHIPv096 topic with [not-yet-release] v097.
    This nomenclature suggests that the SSHIP mod has not yet been released while version 0.9.6 is fully playable.

Yep, but it also means when its out the reveal will be grand

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Every now and again I update the descriptions of the ver. 097 so it is ready when all the bugs are found and fixed. But it has not been yet released.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Personally, I find it a bit of a shame to have replaced the [release] SSHIPv096 topic with [not-yet-release] v097.
    This nomenclature suggests that the SSHIP mod has not yet been released while version 0.9.6 is fully playable.
    I agree with kostic. This is quite confusing.
    From my opinion, the best would have been to prepare the post in our dev den and once ready, to copy it upon the 1st post here. But that's too late anyway.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I agree with kostic. This is quite confusing.
    From my opinion, the best would have been to prepare the post in our dev den and once ready, to copy it upon the 1st post here. But that's too late anyway.
    Well, this is actually the least of the problems. It's fixed - the title is there.
    The real problem are the crashes and these need to be worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Well, this is actually the least of the problems. It's fixed - the title is there.
    The real problem are the crashes and these need to be worked on.
    Hı, thnx for answers, i'd like to ask another questions, first will be family bound between general just like "seljuk sultanate" ör "byzantine family" that would be great at sship v0.97 ☺️ second question is, iş there any " selecting New heir " sship v0.96 ?

i mean;
    1. That was in a mod, maybe titanium ör somewhere else, there were Royal families, and who was a family member, Gets traits because of that, like +2 authority, +1 loyalty, are you going to add this ☺️

2. Next heir ancillary or next heir trait ör smthng like that ☺️

Quote Originally Posted by doktore1991 View Post
    i mean;
    1. That was in a mod, maybe titanium ör somewhere else, there were Royal families, and who was a family member, Gets traits because of that, like +2 authority, +1 loyalty, are you going to add this ☺️

2. Next heir ancillary or next heir trait ör smthng like that ☺️
    Yes this exist in sship, also improving in the future 0.9.7 version, for example you will see in the traits of a general "of castilian blood" this is the general is a spanish/castilian family member and they usually have more loyalty to their king.

2.If I'm not wrong the next heir dont exist now in sship, in the past yes, but now due to usurpers and civil wars contents is not compatible.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Yes this exist in sship, also improving in the future 0.9.7 version, for example you will see in the traits of a general "of castilian blood" this is the general is a spanish/castilian family member and they usually have more loyalty to their king.

2.If I'm not wrong the next heir dont exist now in sship, in the past yes, but now due to usurpers and civil wars contents is not compatible.
    Actually i mean something like, which in bulat steel, norman dynasty for england kingdom, it was better than only castilian blood; family is more meaningfull there ☺️

Next heir was with v0.92 but is not compatible with v0.96 that is bad news but thanks a lot ☺️

Actually i mean something like, which in bulat steel, norman dynasty for england kingdom, it was better than only castilian blood; family is more meaningfull there ☺️

Next heir was with v0.92 but is not compatible with v0.96 that is bad news but thanks a lot ☺️
    I want to support this. I think one or two dynasties for factions at the start shoudn't give much trouble and somehow feels more fleshed out, i wouldn't care about later stuff, as game has never been streamlined, i think what's required is good discernment between what helps to portray historic detail or realism (Such as army composition equipment and availability, good unit balance, heraldry, Very good descriptions, Accurate geography, cities, regions and population at the start, Buildings, Trade and financial aspects, tech progression and some lite army logistics) and what is impractical within the game concept and mechanics (Army movement, battle pacing, some tactics, economical production, but specially later historical characters and dynasties, wars, and political context, because those would be the things that get directly in the way of the goal of building a large empire i.e. that of total war), but i'd be all in for fleshing out starting date details!

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Well this surely sounds interesting, but for all i know , the mod doesnt have a campaign scripter anymore. Jurand does work with scripts , but i think this kind of work is beyond him ;(. He does great a job though !

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    Well this surely sounds interesting, but for all i know , the mod doesnt have a campaign scripter anymore. Jurand does work with scripts , but i think this kind of work is beyond him ;(. He does great a job though !
    Off course we all know Jurand makes great job, because of that we are suggesting something ☺️ we just want to improve game, these are just ideas ☺️ for example if we add 3 family dynasty for each country and give bonuses to them, who iş from the kings family it would be meaningfull for families ☺️ and if the general is not the same family with the king he can gain -2 loyalty ör something like that ☺️

because of that we are suggesting something ☺️ we just want to improve game, these are just ideas ☺️
    Agree, the mod has been growing for such a long time and in such complexity (as compared to vanilla, even SS) that just getting ideas out there is valuable imo, I find interesting, even entertaining to discuss, personally there's no intention of putting pressure into anyone, much less a dev, just assessing possibilities in theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindathar View Post
    Agree, the mod has been growing for such a long time and in such complexity (as compared to vanilla, even SS) that just getting ideas out there is valuable imo, I find interesting, even entertaining to discuss, personally there's no intention of putting pressure into anyone, much less a dev, just assessing possibilities in theory.
    Of course, all players and "sship followers" make only suggestions and give ideas for discuss, improve, and other things.
    In my opinion is good always can give opinions and ideas for developers, never demand or force developers to do something, for that they have their team and they discuss and agree on everything.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Making suggestions, asking questions, reporting on plays (or bugs) - this is what keeps the moders moding.

By the rampaging Pope, it's out

edit. btw, we could merge this thread with General Discussion

EDIT JoC: the thread will stay separate but pleace continue the discussion the the General Discussion or Bugs Report threads.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; October 24, 2020 at 10:13 AM.