Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: When EB2 Update?

  1. #1

    Default When EB2 Update?

    I dont wanna be a bug, im sure the team is busy, but i asked 8 months ago when the update is coming? and i was told a couple of months, i completely expected that meant 6+ months, but now we are knocking onto a year, i mean wtf come on? I wanna play EB2 Be4 im dead!!!!!! Plz push this mofo out whilst i have time to play, im getting old!!!

  2. #2
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,787

    Default Re: When EB2 Update?

    When it's ready. We're working on it right now.

    For example, today I integrated 3 new units, an upgrade to an existing unit (and replacement of the original early model), and a new officer. Still working on a pretty significant rewrite of one element of Celtic recruitment.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; October 08, 2020 at 06:34 AM.

  3. #3

    Default Re: When EB2 Update?

    QuintusSertorius


    Also, I got older, ​I too will die soon

    Where is the new Kartvelian unit?

  4. #4

    Default Re: When EB2 Update?

    sounds good, nice to see you quintus

  5. #5

    Default Re: When EB2 Update?

    "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad" - Shigeru Miyamoto

    Think about it this way: the longer we wait, the more features and fewer bugs we get

  6. #6
    Roma_Victrix's Avatar I am your sovereign now
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    14,288

    Default Re: When EB2 Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad" - Shigeru Miyamoto

    Think about it this way: the longer we wait, the more features and fewer bugs we get
    I agree with that but within bounds of reason, though. If there is more than *two years* between updates that might actually hurt the fan base of the mod over time as more and more people lose interest or simply become too old and immersed in married family life with kids and careers to care about video games anymore. Hell, I was already in my late 20s when EBII was first released. I'm surprised I still play it as much as I do.

    With that said, if the team needs a couple more months until like December or something, that's fine, as I'd rather they work out the major stuff that needs to be fixed or added without introducing unnecessary bugs. It would also make it a two year anniversary since the last release. Stretching that into January or February is kind of pushing it, though.

  7. #7
    Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Antiokheia
    Posts
    3,379

    Default Re: When EB2 Update?

    I am content with what the EBII team give in their free time. I certainly will not become too old or bored because of the depth of details and immersion put into the mod. So I thank the team for their time and continued efforts.

  8. #8
    z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Patrician Artifex

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,004

    Default Re: When EB2 Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    I agree with that but within bounds of reason, though. If there is more than *two years* between updates that might actually hurt the fan base of the mod over time as more and more people lose interest or simply become too old and immersed in married family life with kids and careers to care about video games anymore. Hell, I was already in my late 20s when EBII was first released. I'm surprised I still play it as much as I do.

    With that said, if the team needs a couple more months until like December or something, that's fine, as I'd rather they work out the major stuff that needs to be fixed or added without introducing unnecessary bugs. It would also make it a two year anniversary since the last release. Stretching that into January or February is kind of pushing it, though.
    The good news is that there is content incoming, thanks to QS and some of the newer faces.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

  9. #9
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,787

    Default Re: When EB2 Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    The good news is that there is content incoming, thanks to QS and some of the newer faces.
    If I didn't have a full-time job, kids, an exercise habit and do dating, it would happen a lot faster.

  10. #10
    Grimmy's Avatar Ordinarius
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Where I'm at.
    Posts
    765

    Default Re: When EB2 Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    If I didn't have a full-time job, kids, an exercise habit and do dating, it would happen a lot faster.
    Congrats on the job and especially the kids.

    But the rest of it?

    A human body is born with only so many steps and efforts built into it and a counter. Use 'em up, the body dies. The best way to a long life is to sit in a comfy chair and code mods for a game we all love to play. True fact.

    And dating? Really? Throwing the dice on the hot/crazy matrix every time. It's like shooting craps but a bad roll comes with a knife and bad intent. Much safer to learn to modify your need for "social" outlet by sitting in a comfy chair and modding a game we all love to play. Seriously.

    If I didn't care about you I wouldn't share these life hacks with you. It's not *just* because we want the mod modded sooner and better.

    For reals.

  11. #11
    Roma_Victrix's Avatar I am your sovereign now
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    14,288

    Default Re: When EB2 Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
    Congrats on the job and especially the kids.

    But the rest of it?

    A human body is born with only so many steps and efforts built into it and a counter. Use 'em up, the body dies. The best way to a long life is to sit in a comfy chair and code mods for a game we all love to play. True fact.

    And dating? Really? Throwing the dice on the hot/crazy matrix every time. It's like shooting craps but a bad roll comes with a knife and bad intent. Much safer to learn to modify your need for "social" outlet by sitting in a comfy chair and modding a game we all love to play. Seriously.

    If I didn't care about you I wouldn't share these life hacks with you. It's not *just* because we want the mod modded sooner and better.

    For reals.
    Got acne? Foot cramps? Failure with dates? Bad luck? An arcane Voodoo curse placed upon you by a witch doctor?

    No worries. Modding EBII will fix all of that.

  12. #12
    Grimmy's Avatar Ordinarius
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Where I'm at.
    Posts
    765

    Default Re: When EB2 Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Got acne? Foot cramps? Failure with dates? Bad luck? An arcane Voodoo curse placed upon you by a witch doctor?

    No worries. Modding EBII will fix all of that.
    Of course it will!

    Eeeevvverrry Body knows that.

  13. #13

    Default Re: When EB2 Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Got acne? Foot cramps? Failure with dates? Bad luck? An arcane Voodoo curse placed upon you by a witch doctor?

    No worries. Modding EBII will fix all of that.

    Well, personally, after a couple days editing 5 seconds long wav files for the battle voices of a mod, manually and one by one, all I'd say to all of you, fine gentlemen, is: can confirm.
    Last edited by Sindathar; October 20, 2020 at 07:49 PM.

  14. #14
    Roma_Victrix's Avatar I am your sovereign now
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    14,288

    Default Re: When EB2 Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sindathar View Post
    Well, personally, after a couple days editing 5 seconds long wav files for the battle voices of a mod, manually and one by one, all I'd say to all of you, fine gentlemen, is: can confirm.
    I hear it also cures erectile dysfunction, but we're not going to talk about that right now, because this is a wholesome family site about pre-modern warfare and people being hacked to death, in conversations and gaming filled with blood, guts, gore, prisoners of war being executed or enslaved, entire cities being razed to the ground, poor 16-year-old family members being assassinated and cut down in their prime, an end-turn message of a women crying for having never married or bore children before the age of 50 and gut-curdling shrieking in terror when an announcement arrives that a female family member has died. You know, basic Disney+ material for the kids.

  15. #15

    Default Re: When EB2 Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    You know, basic Disney+ material for the kids.
    Friendly remainder that Old Yeller is in Disney+.

    BTW, keep up the good work mates. Eagerly looking to that sweet Update.

  16. #16

    Default Re: When EB2 Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    an end-turn message of a women crying for having never married or bore children before the age of 50
    Ok let's back this up. Back in EBI the "Past Childbearing Age" sound cue was a mildly frustrated "hmph", as if the royal lady was like "eh, I don't have to have a parasite inside of me whose birth will likely end my life? Whatevs". In EBII it changed to WAILING. COMPLETE WAILING. WHY IS SHE SO DESPONDENT. BEING A SINGLE CAT LADY IS SO MUCH MORE FUN

  17. #17

    Default Re: When EB2 Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    Ok let's back this up. Back in EBI the "Past Childbearing Age" sound cue was a mildly frustrated "hmph", as if the royal lady was like "eh, I don't have to have a parasite inside of me whose birth will likely end my life? Whatevs". In EBII it changed to WAILING. COMPLETE WAILING. WHY IS SHE SO DESPONDENT. BEING A SINGLE CAT LADY IS SO MUCH MORE FUN
    Petition to have a faction composed entirely of daughters from the other factions who were "Past Childbearing Age"

    Without having to raise kids or manage a household for their absentee husband, they have enough free time to start their own empire.

    EDIT: alternatively, change the wailing sound to meowing.

  18. #18
    Grimmy's Avatar Ordinarius
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Where I'm at.
    Posts
    765

    Default Re: When EB2 Update?

    And this tribe of aged out women can expand, not by direct combat but by nagging their neighbors into giving up territory.

    And instead of a "this day in history", at the start of every turn you get a "honey do list". And if you don't accomplish the tasks on that list, rebellion takes your cities!

  19. #19
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,787

    Default Re: When EB2 Update?

    It's in Lysistrata! Beware the wives! Read your Aristophanes.

    More seriously, I'm integrating even more new units at the moment. The Celtic roster rework is done, you'll be seeing a lot more of two revamped ones.

  20. #20

    Default Re: When EB2 Update?

    Hopefully there will be more of a point to play as the Gauls. In the current state, anybody with enough money trecking the area can make a celtic army out of mercs that will be about as good as a factional one, conventionally recruited.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •