Thread: India Total War; Request for Help: Looking for help with models/textures

Default India Total War; Request for Help: Looking for help with models/textures

Hello everyone! I'm working on a mod set in 1519 India, with a submod set in the early 1700's
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/india-total-war

I have no experience importing models/creating new models/or texturing, while there are plenty of tutorials on here that are helpful I'm looking for someone who has experience with these things as it would be much quicker for them

If you are interested in any of those please let me know, Thanks!

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Default Re: India Total War; Request for Help: Looking for help with models/textures

If there was someone who had time and skills and willingness to help you, then yes it would be much quicker. In reality tho, i would kinda bet it will be much quicker for you to learn to do these things on your own, than to find a dedicated helper.

Its mostly because even for someone who can do these things, a project like this is very time consuming. How many hours a week do you put in this mod?

I can give you an example of how time consuming working with models and textures can be. For me it takes some 2 hours to rig a model and make a set of textures (meaning only conversion and normal map generation - not the design) and the coding to test in game. So that is like a technical part to do once the model and textures are ready. How long you can spend working on a single model or a texture it all depends. Sometimes i can get things done in a few days for one model, sometimes it takes weeks.

Ive been working really long hours on my own mod during the last 3 months and i created something like 15-20 new models in that time. That is my lifetime record i would have to add, and ive been doing it for some time already. Now im telling you this, not to discourage you, but i think its important to know all this. I have to tell you honestly that i wasted a lot of time myself, trying to recruit a modeller, when i should have started learning modelling much earlier. I would have been in a much better position today with my mod. I know this for a fact.

I know this is probably not something you wanted to see in a topic like this, but this is the best advice i can give. Good luck with your mod.