Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Greece: Court Condemns the Neo-Nazi Party of Golden Dawn as a Criminal Organisation

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Greece: Court Condemns the Neo-Nazi Party of Golden Dawn as a Criminal Organisation

The guys the cherry-pick from, were ruthless conquerors in Greece, committing many warcrimes, burning villages as reprisals, looting our reserves and taking so much food that 5%-10% of Greeks died to a famine the Germans caused.

Those patriots kindly forget or sweep under the rug those things and tell you stuff like "Well, Hitler had correct ideas but enforced them wrong/ too brutally" etc.
    Last edited by alhoon; October 25, 2020 at 05:34 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Default Re: Greece: Court Condemns the Neo-Nazi Party of Golden Dawn as a Criminal Organisation

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Of course not.
    But it is a crime to run after you were convicted for forming a criminal organization.

Pappas is very dangerous. I consider him more dangerous than Lagos and Kassidiaris. He is the one that I consider the most willing to turn the hotheads of the Golden dawn, that 1/500 members that have been properly radicalized to a terrorist organization before he finally falls.
    Please don't tell me you actually believe what you wrote. Pappas is over 70 years old. As for terrorism, in Greece the Left has that privilege. All terrorist organizations, such as Ε.Λ.A or 17N are leftist.

It's really funny how we live in asociety where we' re not even at liberty to go out of our house without written notice, where there is a curfew after 9, and where we won't even be able to have the habeas corpus right (we well be vaccinated against our will, like cattle), and we speak of long dead tyranical regimes (and good riddance to them) such as that of Hitler.
    Nazism is over. Who will save us from "democracy"?

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

The New York Times published an interesting article about Lagos, the condemned criminal, who still enjoys total immunity, as an elected representative in the European Parliament. Apparently, the procedure for the withdrawal of his privileges may take months, but Lagos is busy as ever. He claimed that he will seek asylum in a friendly country (Hungary? Or more probably just a bluff.), but, much more importantly, he complained to the president about the reduced sessions, because of the pandemic. Fewer sessions mean smaller recompensations, so Lagos can barely manage, with just the crowdfunding in Twitter and his modest salary of approximately 15.000$. Poor little hare.
    Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    Please don't tell me you actually believe what you wrote. Pappas is over 70 years old.
    He's actually 58 years old. But yeah, I agree that Pappas does not really pose any terrorist threat. Right now, he's definitely more worried about running away from justice than advertising his Neo-Nazi credentials. Given the incompetence (or far-right sympathies) of the Greek law enforcement units, Pappas is probably in no danger of being arrested, unless something unexpected happens, like a sudden health issue or a road accident. Alternatively, he might run out of money and therefore be forced to surrender to the authorities, but, if I understand correctly, he never faced any economic difficulties. Even if he did, the criminal organisation's close ties with the ship-owner lobby would probably solve any problem. After all, Paraskevas Bolaris, one of the army officers implicated in the last, failed coup attemt in Greek history lived confortably in London, his everyday expenses paid by the magnate John Latsis, until his court sentence expired.

Here we see democracy types rejecting the concept of democracy, I dislike neo-nazis for being moronic CIA neo-liberal shills but even so this party was assassinated in an underhanded fashion worthy of any dictatorship. Democracy was brought back from the dead by enlightenment radicals a few hundred years ago, it's purpose was to allow the worst of mankind to take the power of kings. Royal families existed to sit on power to prevent the power hungry from seizing it... democracy provided these devils the means to take it all.

Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, because those royal families were never power hungry, never abused their power and there were never civil wars, like the Rose Wars, for which member of the family would sit on the throne. It's all those radical republicans fault for war. Of course, let's remember that WW1 was started by the royal families. WW2 in Europe was started once democracy collapsed by fascists that overthrew democracy and in Asia by the Japanese Imperials.

Sure, sure, there have been wars between republics in the past 2 centuries, but they pale in comparison to the wars dictators and royals started.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

An interesting article on Golden Dawn. It summarises the Neo-Nazi ideology of the group, its close cooperation with police officers and a few of the criminal activities of its members, like extortion and procuring.

Moderator Emeritus

Good find.

A few days ago Makis Voridis was made the interion minister of Greece. He's been also leading a number of ministries for the past decade. He's also known to be a Neo-Nazi:
    As a Jew and an Israeli, I feel it is my duty and obligation to share with you Voridis’ background and political career. A former leading figure in Greece's neo-Nazi youth group, Chrysi Avgi (Golden Dawn), Voridis has a long history of Holocaust denial, anti-Semitism and xenophobia, including physical threats to Jewish families and leading groups of thugs against immigrants and leftists. Over the last couple of weeks he has smoothed over his thuggish past by describing it as "right-wing activism". As a student at the elite Athens College high school, alma mater of current Prime Minister Papadimos, former Prime Minister Papandreou, Samaras and myself, Voridis formed the fascist student group “Free Students” that painted the walls with swastikas and saluted each other with using the Nazi-era greeting "Heil Hitler."
    While Golden Dawn gets banned in Greece, a Neo-Nazi becomes the interior minister. Kyriakos Mitsotakis seems to be undermining any kind of progress that might have happened over the past few years with his latest appointments pushing the government further to the right.
    The Armenian Issue

Judging from his later career, according to Wikipedia, I doubt Voridis is a sincere Neo-Nazi ideologue, anymore, as he looks more like an opportunist. Still, with such a shady past, his appointment in the Interior Ministry is unacceptable. I guess the Greek Prime-Minister aims to lure disappointed extremist voters, who might have been alienated by the pandemic crisis and its repercussions. Also, the journalist is probably wrong in his claim that Voridis was the leader of the Golden Dawn youth. The Guardian says that Voridis headed the youth of EPEN, a far-right party established by George Papadopoulos, who was the officer that overthrew the parliamentary democracy in 1967 and replaced it with a military dictatorship. The predecessor of Voridis to that post was Mihaloliakos, who later became the Führer of the Golden Dawn. But yeah, essentially it's the same thing, Voridis used to be an eminent member of a far-right, pro-junta and Antisemitic party, which functioned as a breeding ground for Neo-Nazis. A very disappointing move from the Greek government. By the way, Adonis Georgiadis, the Minister of Development and Investments also also seems to ahve an Antisemitic past, for which he has (not very convincingly, in my opinion) apologised.

Sofia Voultepsi, the new minister for immigration and asylum, doesn't necessarily look good either. To many more Golden Dawns in the future?
    The Armenian Issue

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

ND has always been welcoming former neo-nazis in its "big right-wing embrace". They are a deeply conservative, racist and corrupt party, nothing someone who follows greek politics didn't knew already.

The European Parliament finally removed the immunity of Representative Lagos, condemned to 13 years in prison for leading the criminal Neo-Nazi organisation of Golden Dawn. He was subsequently arrested in Brussels, from where he will probably be extradited to Greece. That leaves only Pappas, who remains undetected, despite the heroic efforts of the Hellenic Police Force. There are even rumours that he sought refuge to Kosovo or Serbia, with the help of some fundamentalist monks in Mount Athos, but I personally have the suspicion, a tiny, little one, to be sure, that the authorities have no clue whatsoever about the whereabouts of our modern Arsène Lupin.

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I do hope this is irony, our police force is rather infamous for being filled with GD sympathizers and other such wonderful individuals (much like our government tbh).

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I do hope this is irony, our police force is rather infamous for being filled with GD sympathizers and other such wonderful individuals (much like our government tbh).
    I assure you that the chances of my comment being ironic are one in a trillion...

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

It truly is disgusting how the gov't has used the trial as a communication tactic to obfuscate the entrenchment of fascist ideology that they themselves perpetrate.

Moderator Emeritus

As long as Pappas is not behind bars, the neonazis are still dangerous.

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    The European Parliament finally removed the immunity of Representative Lagos, condemned to 13 years in prison for leading the criminal Neo-Nazi organisation of Golden Dawn. He was subsequently arrested in Brussels, from where he will probably be extradited to Greece. That leaves only Pappas, who remains undetected, despite the heroic efforts of the Hellenic Police Force. There are even rumours that he sought refuge to Kosovo or Serbia, with the help of some fundamentalist monks in Mount Athos, but I personally have the suspicion, a tiny, little one, to be sure, that the authorities have no clue whatsoever about the whereabouts of our modern Arsène Lupin.
    The heroic efforts to find Papas, colorized.
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234