Page 8 of 75 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Fake. Trump is too cheap to spend money on that.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; February 11, 2021 at 03:41 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    Most of the people who rioted at the capitol might self identify as conservatives, and sociopathic conservative politicians might seek their voting power, but they are not conservatives in any classic sense... I don't even think it's that appropriate to comment on them in a thread about conservatives.
    That's right. Traditionalist conservatism in the United States is an extinct species swallowed by a religious populism. Nowadays the Republican Party is a racist Cirque Du Soleil that includes corporate conservatives, right wing libertarians and neo-Nazis.
    Last edited by Ludicus; February 14, 2021 at 09:37 AM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    That's right. Traditionalist conservatism in the United States is an extinct species swallowed by a religious populism. Nowadays the Republican Party is a racist Cirque Du Soleil that includes corporate conservatives, right wing libertarians and neo-Nazis.
    Exactly. The leaders of the Republican Party have spent the last 40 years teaching their rank-and-file members to blindly accept lies as the truth. It worked for them as long as they held the whip hand. But now the party is in the hands of a cult worshiping an insane man who invents conspiracy theories and then BELIEVES them. And the leaders are now terrified of being thrown out of power by the people they thought were their puppets.

There's an element of Dunning-Kruger involved here, in that the Republican leadership thought they were very intelligent and that the religious fundamentalists, Neo-Nazis, Neo-Confederates, and assorted conspiracy loons were obviously idiots and their inferiors, and that therefore they'd have no trouble at all controlling them and using them for their own purposes. Whereas an actually intelligent person would have thought "these people are out of their minds and I shouldn't associate with them."

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

There's an element of Dunning-Kruger involved here, in that the Republican leadership thought they were very intelligent and that the religious fundamentalists, Neo-Nazis, Neo-Confederates, and assorted conspiracy loons were obviously idiots and their inferiors, and that therefore they'd have no trouble at all controlling them and using them for their own purposes.
    They should have learn from the mistakes of Franz von Papen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_...itler_to_power
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Exactly. The leaders of the Republican Party have spent the last 40 years teaching their rank-and-file members to blindly accept lies as the truth. It worked for them as long as they held the whip hand. But now the party is in the hands of a cult worshiping an insane man who invents conspiracy theories and then BELIEVES them. And the leaders are now terrified of being thrown out of power by the people they thought were their puppets.

There's an element of Dunning-Kruger involved here, in that the Republican leadership thought they were very intelligent and that the religious fundamentalists, Neo-Nazis, Neo-Confederates, and assorted conspiracy loons were obviously idiots and their inferiors, and that therefore they'd have no trouble at all controlling them and using them for their own purposes. Whereas an actually intelligent person would have thought "these people are out of their minds and I shouldn't associate with them."
    In general, the brainwashing propaganda of the Right works splendidly. Because it fits to the basic mentality. In crisises (of any sort), this "mechanic" is much supported.

I just have read on the net, that currently the Republican party looses a few 10 thousand members. Those who leave that party are the ones, i suppose, who were already merely on the moderate wing of that party.
    Unfortunately, that what happened in the last weeks, won't change the usual habit and mind of the US American people, that voted Trump.
    It's a deep rooted mentality issue, that hinders them to understand how modern fascism works. While there are certainly quite some, who welcome that very development.
    Last edited by DaVinci; February 15, 2021 at 01:44 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Trump unloads on McConnell, promises MAGA primary challengers

Former President Trump on Tuesday unloaded on Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and vowed to back challengers to lawmakers who have crossed him.
    In a statement released through his Save America super PAC, Trump blamed McConnell for the GOP’s 2020 Senate losses and called for Republicans to elect new leaders to carry on his legacy.

“Mitch is a dour, sullen, and unsmiling political hack, and if Republican Senators are going to stay with him, they will not win again,” Trump said.
    The way Republicans have to kneel before Trump to save their careers reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode "It's A Good Life" where the adults have to placate the spoiled little boy because he has the power to destroy them.

"You're a bad man! You're a very bad man! And you keep thinking bad thoughts about me!"

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

A reminder that there are more conservatives in more places than USA folks. Not that I find it wrong to talk about the USA conservatives here, just keep in mind that this is to rant about all rightwings/conservatives/anti-intellectual rightwings etc vexing you, even if you are from far away.

Say... Modi's increasingly conservative stance that creates more problems than it solves.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

There’s really no way the GOP comes out of this strong.

Even unified they lost Georgia. GEORGIA. A state everyone thought they had gerrymandered and suppressed voting in enough to ensure permanent Republican control.

At war with themselves, they only lose more ground.

https://www.newsweek.com/coca-cola-f...lusion-1570875

Same source as the other thread, but from the other side of the coin.

"Conservative political commentator Candace Owens railed against Coca-Cola and urged employees to file lawsuits against the company."

Snowflake much?
    Feel free to ask people to boycott Coca-Cola for this SJW crap, but let's not pretend Coca-Cola HR management does not have the legal right to say and promote whatever they want. Freedom of speech goes both ways. Coca-Cola should not be targeted by lawsuits for not being Woke-enough or being perceived as racist/homophobic/whatever and it should not be targeted by lawsuits for being woke and ultraprogressive buttholes that tell Woke crap to their employees.

"Try to be less black. Try to be less Asian. Try to be less Indigenous. Can we say that? No? Then why can Coca Cola tell their staff to be less white?"
    Because you can tell your employees to be less black. Don't expect to have many customers after you do that, but you can. It's not illegal. It should not be illegal.
    It is not illegal to be a butthole.
    On the other hand your customers have the right to avoid Racist company products (whether you're anti-white racist or anti-black racist). And your employees have the right to walk away from your company.

And then, this:
    "On the other hand, some conservatives deny the impact of widespread institutional racism"
    Riiiiiight. Nothing systemic here.
    Black people just happen to make half what Asians make.
    And of course, I am sure the wealth of opportunities that come from having $41K median household income is about the same as the opportunities that arise from $65K median household income. (I.e. the kids of this black generation will ALSO face difficulties).

Sure, most of the problems come with the low economic mobility. Poor people whether white, black or Asian have fewer opportunities. But since black people were disproportionally affected it means the system is more rigged against them than other skin-colors.
    That's systemic racism.

(PS. It's also systemic racism in the academia that white heterosexual men have much harder time for the past decade to get entry positions.)
    Last edited by alhoon; February 22, 2021 at 01:06 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

What Caca Cola asked of its employees is actually illegal in Europe and any employee that gets fired or sanctioned for being "too white" should sue for discrimination, but beyond that anybody who sues a company or person for being/no being woke needs to talk to a psychologist because their scale of values needs readjustment.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    What Caca Cola asked of its employees is actually illegal in Europe and any employee that gets fired or sanctioned for being "too white" should sue for discrimination, but beyond that anybody who sues a company or person for being/no being woke needs to talk to a psychologist because their scale of values needs readjustment.
    Assuming the allegations are true, the training would likely be a violation of the Civil Rights Act. Ignore Aloon: he has no idea what he's talking about.

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act:

SEC. 2000e-2. [Section 703]

(d) Training programs

It shall be an unlawful employment practice for any employer, labor organization, or joint labor-*management committee controlling apprenticeship or other training or retraining, including on*-the-*job training programs to discriminate against any individual because of his race, color, religion, sex, or national origin in admission to, or employment in, any program established to provide apprenticeship or other training.

Coca Cola didn't mandate the training though. It made it available to their employees.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Coca Cola didn't mandate the training though. It made it available to their employees.
    Which is why I added the caveat "assuming the allegations are true".

Nevertheless, statement about HR departments having the right to "say and promote what they want" is factually incorrect, as is your claim that an employer can insist that an employee "be less black".

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Nevertheless, statement about HR departments having the right to "say and promote what they want" is factually incorrect, as is your claim that an employer can insist that an employee "be less black".
    Perhaps you're right, but I am not sure. Regardless, that was not my point here. My point is that snowflake conservatives suggest suing a company for saying things they don't like.
    Still, I find it strange that an Employer cannot legally say and promote what they want. This is not to say an employer can ask employees to be less white or black but an employer can give employees access to material that paint Gamblers or Vegans or people with large cars or White people or People with long hair in a negative light.
    I mean, of course nobody would want to hire a Vegan and we can't ask people to be less vegan, but at least we can circulate jokes around the office in order to passive-aggressively isolate them and help them decide to leave on their own. <=== I am sarcastic! Don't report me!

https://theweek.com/speedreads/96964...st-school-song

The gist: A bunch of snowflake donors are threatening to pull their donations to a university if the administration doesn't take the action they dictate in their angry emails over the school's song.

You may ask yourselves "Wait, has alhoon missposted this to the wrong thread?"
    No, alhoon didn't post accidentally to the wrong rant thread.

You see, the snowflakes in question are conservatives. They are demanding for the administration of the university to take action and censor students that find the song controversial. The poor president of the Uni has publicly confirmed the school will keep the song, but the snowflakes want more decisive action and demand the university administration to put their foot down and crash the evil marxists. Some emails (you can read them in the article) call for the black students to leave the university if they don't like it and move to another state.

Let me repeat that: The Uni has already confirmed the song will stay. The Snowflakes demand blood nevertheless.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

https://theweek.com/speedreads/96964...st-school-song

The gist: A bunch of snowflake donors are threatening to pull their donations to a university if the administration doesn't take the action they dictate in their angry emails over the school's song.

You may ask yourselves "Wait, has alhoon missposted this to the wrong thread?"
    No, alhoon didn't post accidentally to the wrong rant thread.

You see, the snowflakes in question are conservatives. They are demanding for the administration of the university to take action and censor students that find the song controversial. The poor president of the Uni has publicly confirmed the school will keep the song, but the snowflakes want more decisive action and demand the university administration to put their foot down and crash the evil marxists. Some emails (you can read them in the article) call for the black students to leave the university if they don't like it and move to another state.

Let me repeat that: The Uni has already confirmed the song will stay. The Snowflakes demand blood nevertheless.
    Sad. Note I have 3 degrees. An MS from Iowa state University, a BA from Eastern Michigan and BS from Washington state (and have taken classes from several other universities). I can't say I ever attended any sports event at any of the three institutions and I have no f---ing ideal what their school songs or sports chants are or were and really could not care less if they change. Who honestly gives a crap about this kind of thing??? If I had the kind of money 'wealthy' donors have to toss around to give I am pretty sure I could fine a more pressing local need - say the local homeless shelter or food bank maybe the a fund for public defense lawyers so they can access expert witness research or PIs, fund the local public library so it can have solid access to online research , abused women's shelter, etc to toss money at. Failing that if I do suddenly develop some deep emotional bond to a university who cares what songs they play I be much more interested to support their you know educational educational mission.
    Last edited by conon394; March 07, 2021 at 08:20 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Sad. Note I have 3 degrees. An MS from Iowa state University, a BA from Eastern Michigan and BS from Washington state (and have taken classes from several other universities). I can't say I ever attended any sports event at any of the three institutions and I have no f---ing ideal what their school songs or sports chants are or were and really could not care less if they change.
    Well, for the record:

Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Wow I completely forgot that. Nice post. I watched that with my wife (way back) and WSU is her first degree as well (unlike me my third) and I recall it made her laugh out loud because she had to admit she could recall the WSU fight song. Also nlike me she was a bit sheepish like somehow she should recall it she did go to the odd football game. Best in the west is a bit of bravado though they are usually the punching bag of the PAC 10 (or whatever number it is now) but really solid Ag and engineering school just don't plan on too many sports championships
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

I am soooooooooo glad that the medical researchers through blood and sweat managed to deliver us a vaccine in absolute record times, Sci-fi movie times... and most governments in Europe managed to bangle the delivery of said vaccine.
    I mean, how on earth is it harder to make a vaccine than do a successful and sensible vaccine rollout? How did USA and England did it and the rest of us are mired in the poop?

Indefinitely Banned

How did USA and England did it and the rest of us are mired in the poop?
    Money and not living under the most complex governmental system in human history. Brexit was actually a boon lol.

I like this thread.