Page 73 of 75 FirstFirst ... 234863646566676869707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1491

Thread: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

  1. #1441

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    https://news.yahoo.com/former-gop-ca...180526914.html

    While Florida residents and emergency crews survey the devastation from Hurricane Ian, which continues to barrel along the East Coast, two former far-right congressional candidates floated a baseless conspiracy theory that the federal government created the storm to “punish” and “target” Republicans.
    Lauren Witzke, a QAnon-supporting conspiracy theorist who was the GOP candidate for US Senate seat in Delaware in 2020, said she has “no doubt” that “technology exists to manipulate weather” that could be used to target Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.
    “We know the technology does exist,” she told former GOP congressional candidate Deanna Lorraine on her far-right conspiracy theory streaming channel, above a caption reading “Biden Builds Transhuman Cyborg Army Using Immigrants”.
    “Of course they would be willing to do something like this to target red states. I have no doubt. The technology exists to manipulate weather,” Ms Witzke added in a clip captured by watchdog group Right Wing Watch. “I know Florida is prone to hurricanes, however this developed to [a category 5 or category 5 storm] overnight, and it does seem to be hitting the conservative areas.”
    She said she is “not putting it past the elites to target something like this towards Florida” as “punishment” for eliminating Covid-19 vaccine requirements and “getting rid of child grooming,” referencing the state’s law prohibiting classroom discussion of LGBT+ people and issues by smearing its critics as “groomers.”

    “These huge hurricanes always seem to target red states, red districts, and always at a convenient time, typically right before elections or, you know, because possibly Ron DeSantis has been stepping out of line a lot and fighting the deep state,” said Ms Lorraine, who received less than 2 per cent of the vote in a race against House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in 2020.
    Of course this isn't new, they were saying the same thing about the blizzard that knocked out power in Texas a few years ago. It's a fantastic example of the modern right’s cognitive dissonance: Biden is simultaneously a senile, bumbling idiot, but also a fiendishly insidious mastermind megalomaniac with God-like powers.

  2. #1442
    Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    16,922

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/matt-...b08e0e606e676e

    If you didn't think the GOP could get any worse well they very much can. Like voting against disaster relief for your own constituents.

  3. #1443

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/matt-...b08e0e606e676e

    If you didn't think the GOP could get any worse well they very much can. Like voting against disaster relief for your own constituents.
    They worry that Black or Hispanic people might receive some of the aid, so they'd rather go without it themselves. I think the average Republican voter would be happy to have to live on a dollar a day as long as every non-white person had to make due with 99 cents a day.

  4. #1444
    alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    23,892

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    https://news.yahoo.com/former-gop-ca...180526914.html



    Of course this isn't new, they were saying the same thing about the blizzard that knocked out power in Texas a few years ago. It's a fantastic example of the modern right’s cognitive dissonance: Biden is simultaneously a senile, bumbling idiot, but also a fiendishly insidious mastermind megalomaniac with God-like powers.
    1. of course most people would, out of fear, take the side of the guy with the Cyborg army of immigrants!
    2. The "Imbecile evil genius that can't tie her shoes unaided but can bring down the world with her evil machinations" has been used against Hillary.
    3. To be honest, the progressives do the same with Trump.
    4. All these would be immaterial discussions in the coming era of Cyborg immigrant mecha fighting the survivors of apocalyptic climate change.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.
    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  5. #1445

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    https://www.thedailybeast.com/pro-li...georgia-senate

    Herschel Walker, the football legend now running for Senate in Georgia, says he wants to completely ban abortion, likening it to murder and claiming there should be “no exception” for rape, incest, or the life of the mother.
    But the Republican candidate has supported at least one exception—for himself.
    A woman who asked not to be identified out of privacy concerns told The Daily Beast that after she and Walker conceived a child while they were dating in 2009 he urged her to get an abortion. The woman said she had the procedure and that Walker reimbursed her for it.
    She supported these claims with a $575 receipt from the abortion clinic, a “get well” card from Walker, and a bank deposit receipt that included an image of a signed $700 personal check from Walker.


    The woman said there was a $125 difference because she “ball-parked” the cost of an abortion after Googling the procedure and added on expenses such as travel and recovery costs.
    It must just be eating him alive to know that a MERE WOMAN is holding him accountable for his hypocrisy.

    Of course this will probably not cost him a single Republican vote.

  6. #1446

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    https://www.newsweek.com/ron-desanti...agenda-1748975

    Republican Florida Governor Ron DeSantis said the "national regime media" wanted Hurricane Ian to cause maximum devastation in Florida to advance a "political agenda."
    DeSantis made the remarks during an interview in Cape Coral with the conservative news website Florida's Voice, which the outlet shared in a video clip posted to YouTube on Tuesday. The site's editor-in-chief Brendon Leslie asked the governor whether there would be any "accountability" for forecasts incorrectly predicting that the hurricane would hit Tampa Bay, prompting him to claim the media had been hoping for more destruction than what occurred in the state.
    Desantis is seething with the usual Rightwing Victimhood nonsense. They have already convinced themselves they're being persecuted regardless of how the rest of the world actually treats them. Their default state is a delusional belief that they are being oppressed by a world that doesn't appreciate their greatness.

  7. #1447

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    https://www.axios.com/2022/10/09/ron...lorida-flights

    Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' (R) bid to transport migrants last month may have gone beyond the extent of an original program designed by the state, the Washington Post reports from new state records.

    Driving the news: The state program, launched in July, was intended to “relocate out of the state of Florida foreign nationals who are not lawfully present in the United States," the Post reports.

    • The state program did not mention the potential of transporting migrants from Texas, the Post notes from records released by the Florida Department of Transportation and the governor’s office.
    • The state records also show that Florida paid Vertol Systems, an Oregon-based charter airline company, $615,000 for the September flights to Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts. That equals to about $12,300 for each of the 50 migrants on board the two flights.
    Desantis' crony company is profiting from his kidnapping and human trafficking. In a just world he would already have been hauled to the Hague in chains.

  8. #1448

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Democrats: "we need as many immigrants as possible!"
    Democrats when they see an immigrant near where they live: "Get this foreign scum away form me".
    Kinda the reason why DNC cultists aren't viewed as rational people anymore.

  9. #1449

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Actual antisemitism coming from MAGA hat wearing Trump supporter, Kanye West:

    When Diddy asked him again to stop, West replied: "Ima use you as an example to show the Jewish people that told you to call me that no one can threaten or influence me." The post appeared to reference the anti-Semitic theory that a secret cabal of Jewish people is conspiring to control the world's media, government and banks.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-63198991

    Then this:


    I hope that conservatives that claim to care about antisemitism will denounce Kanye's clearly antisemitic statements.
    "Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

    Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

  10. #1450

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Honestly I don't think even the MAGAs take Kanye West seriously as he's pretty obviously out of his mind.

    In other news, Desantis stole Covid relief finds to traffic Hispanic people to please his racist supporters:

    A Treasury Department watchdog will probe whether Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis improperly used COVID-19 relief funding to pay for migrant flights, ABC News confirmed Wednesday.
    In a letter obtained by ABC News, the agency's inspector general's office said it has audit work "planned," based on DeSantis' recent transport of undocumented immigrants to to Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts, among other places.
    And in some good news for once, Alex Jones ordered to pay $965 million for Sandy Hook lies

    Connecticut officials and victims’ families on Wednesday praised a jury’s verdict, issued earlier in the day, that InfoWars’ Alex Jones should pay $965 million to people who suffered from his false claim that the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting was a hoax — even as they acknowledged the tragedy and the threat that further conspiracies still loomed.

    “The Sandy Hook families deserve every dollar coming to them from Alex Jones,” Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) wrote on Twitter. “But let’s be clear — there is a whole ecosystem of hate and conspiracy and Jones is just one organism of many. Until the political right purges this movement from its ranks, none of this ends.”


    Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) said the survivors exemplified a profile in courage.



    “No amount of money will ever bring back the beautiful lives lost that tragic day, but this decision is resounding, long-awaited justice,” Blumenthal said in a tweet.
    The verdict is the second big judgment against the host of InfoWars — a far-right outlet that peddles in conspiracy theories and disinformation — over his relentless promotion of the lie that the 2012 massacre never happened, and that the grieving families seen in news coverage were actors hired as part of a plot to take away people’s guns.

  11. #1451
    alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    23,892

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Honestly I don't think even the MAGAs take Kanye West seriously as he's pretty obviously out of his mind.
    So is Trump and that strange guy the Republicans support in a race, a bizarre black guy that dominates the news and has paid for an abortion.
    Let's not pretend that MAGA crowd care about one's soundness of mind.
    Or the other side does. But this thread is about the conservatives so I will keep my ire focused on them.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.
    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  12. #1452

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    I disagree. We liberals hold our politicians to standards, and kick them out if they fail to meet those standards. If Biden were to say "You know something? Slavery was really great and I want to bring it back.", he'd lose his support because that conflicts with our values.

    On the other hand if Trump said "I've paid for at least 20 abortions and I'm proud of it.", his supporters would be expected to shift their values to align with his, or they would be expelled from the party as Marxist RINOs.
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; October 13, 2022 at 07:21 AM.

  13. #1453

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    The fact that Kanye might or might not be unstable doesn't excuse his comments. It will be interesting to see what conservatives pushing him out like Tucker will say about this or if they only pretend to care about antisemitism to "own the libs."
    "Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

    Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

  14. #1454
    Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    14,966

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    I want to live in a world in which Kanye West is irrelevant, but that's just me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Democrats: "we need as many immigrants as possible!"
    Democrats when they see an immigrant near where they live: "Get this foreign scum away form me".
    Kinda the reason why DNC cultists aren't viewed as rational people anymore.
    "near where they live"

    LOL. What? You think immigrants don't live in California?
    Or in all those little blue dot Dem-dominated urban areas within otherwise red GOP states?

    I get it, rural people see a Mexican or two working in agricultural jobs or in landscaping duties for country clubs. Most of the immigrants live closer to the suburbs and inner city, though, because, surprise, that's where most people live altogether.

    Also, Martha's Vineyard is perhaps the most elite place in the country for rich libs to locate. It's a typical place of residence for Dems who are multi-millionaires and party leaders, not typical of Dems who are just average voters, soccer moms or bankrupt college kids.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; October 14, 2022 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Personal.

  15. #1455
    Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    16,922

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    https://www.mediamatters.org/dennis-...t-adult-incest

    Prominent conservative radio host Dennis Prager says there aren't any secular arguments against adult incest.

    What the hell is going on with conservatives these days? Never thought I would see conservatives defending incest. But it's 2022 so anything goes now.

  16. #1456

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    So what is the secular argument against incest? Specifically, what secular sources do you have against adult incest? Your lie by structure is hilariously bankrupt. Prager's position is clearly diametrically opposed to your propagandized view of things and his commentary is couched in terms of the leftoid LGBTQIAOUSPHFJOJUBHF+ discussion of gay incest.

    Why can’t gay or lesbian twins have sex with or marry each other? Why is incest wrong between same-sex siblings? Vanoi, I have to say, this is a weird way to announce you have no objections to adult incest. Frankly, I am disgusted.

    There are no secular arguments any more, thanks to leftism. All we are left with is religious and biological objections.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; October 13, 2022 at 08:10 PM.

  17. #1457
    Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    16,922

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    So what is the secular argument against incest?
    Genetic deformities and inbreeding are pretty good ones. Obviously incest can occur without pregnancy so those wouldn't apply in every regard. It boils down to really incest is a cultural taboo among many if not the extreme vast majority of cultures now in this time and even likely thousands of years ago. Two consenting adults who engage in incest without trying to have a child honestly doesn't really harm anyone. Again, it all goes down to be being taboo.

    Frankly Ponti I don't have a real argument against consenting adults engaging in incest as long as they aren't trying to conceive a child. I personally don't agree with it but from your passionate defense of Prager I understand that you might.How you turned this into a LBGQT rant I don't know. Kind of odd.

    Gotta say those watching a conservative defend Prager's comments really gets me thinking. Is this why so many Republicans don't want exceptions for rape and incest when it comes to abortions? You really picked an odd hill to die on Ponti.

    Hey if you want to defend Prager's views on incest go for it. It's just funny at this point.

  18. #1458
    Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    14,966

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    So what is the secular argument against incest? Specifically, what secular sources do you have against adult incest? Your lie by structure is hilariously bankrupt. Prager's position is clearly diametrically opposed to your propagandized view of things and his commentary is couched in terms of the leftoid LGBTQIAOUSPHFJOJUBHF+ discussion of gay incest.

    Why can’t gay or lesbian twins have sex with or marry each other? Why is incest wrong between same-sex siblings? Vanoi, I have to say, this is a weird way to announce you have no objections to adult incest. Frankly, I am disgusted.

    There are no secular arguments any more, thanks to leftism. All we are left with is religious and biological objections.
    This is both a strange post and a strange hill to die on.

    To be fair, is Dennis Prager talking only about cousin-on-cousin incest? That was at least widely acceptable in the 19th century, and to this day in some parts of the rural South. Or is he talking about way worse stuff like sibling incest, Ptolemaic style? The worst is obviously parent-to-child, or for that matter uncle/aunt to niece/nephew incest. Inbreeding among heterosexual couples is indeed a different matter because horrible birth defects and mental problems for their progeny comes into play, whereas this obviously isn't a concern with LGBTQ pairings. Still, a couple of gay brothers getting married is bizarre and totally wrong.

    Like, my bro, there are other fish in the sea. Go find someone else on Grindr or something.
    Or if you're straight, go on Tinder and find someone who is not in your family tree.
    This isn't the Middle Ages, and you don't have to ensure the Habsburg royal line.

    And for the love of God, can some conservatives like Matt Walsh stop talking about marrying underage teenagers? This is getting out of hand.

  19. #1459

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Genetic deformities and inbreeding are pretty good ones. Obviously incest can occur without pregnancy so those wouldn't apply in every regard. It boils down to really incest is a cultural taboo among many if not the extreme vast majority of cultures now in this time and even likely thousands of years ago. Two consenting adults who engage in incest without trying to have a child honestly doesn't really harm anyone. Again, it all goes down to be being taboo.

    Frankly Ponti I don't have a real argument against consenting adults engaging in incest as long as they aren't trying to conceive a child. I personally don't agree with it but from your passionate defense of Prager I understand that you might.How you turned this into a LBGQT rant I don't know. Kind of odd.

    Gotta say those watching a conservative defend Prager's comments really gets me thinking. Is this why so many Republicans don't want exceptions for rape and incest when it comes to abortions? You really picked an odd hill to die on Ponti.

    Hey if you want to defend Prager's views on incest go for it. It's just funny at this point.
    You're basically agreeing with him though. He says there's no secular arguments against incest and you're saying you don't have any argument against it. That's not a rebuttal.
    Ignore List (to save time):

    Exarch, Coughdrop addict

  20. #1460
    Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    16,922

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    You're basically agreeing with him though. He says there's no secular arguments against incest and you're saying you don't have any argument against it. That's not a rebuttal.
    I mentioned a secular argument i.e the medical problems that occur because of incest. So no.

    In fact incest being culturally taboo can be considered to be a secular argument against it as it's a deviant act in society and illegal. The taboo against incest doesn't always come from religion. When I said I don't have a real argument against two consenting adults engaging in incest I was referring to the fact it doesn't harm anyone as I said earlier in that post. It being culturally taboo and the me personally not liking either are poor arguments because they are mostly based simply on my opinion and society's own opinion against it. A poor argument is an argument nonetheless.

    Btw neither your or Ponti actually read the article.
    Last edited by Vanoi; October 14, 2022 at 02:39 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •