Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    why not present a common sense alternative instead of idiotically opposing everything and anything they say, even when they are clearly correct, just because of who said it.
    Because for decades Republican propaganda has been that Democrats are not just wrong, they're evil Antichrists Communists out to kill all real Americans and must be opposed at all times in all things. And their base bought it to a degree that I think has surprised even the Republicans.

Now it's to the point that if a Democratic politician were to specifically say they were in favor of toilets, many Republican voters would start running around in loaded diapers and saying toilets are a Marxist conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post

The conspiracy nature of the "FRAUD FRAUDSTER FRUUDAADUD NOW!!" rants is more about how when someone like Trump repeats that he can't lose when he gets 75 million votes 30 times a day, well, there's a reason commercials work. When you put stuff on repeat and start repeating it, idiots remember it.
    These are people who believe Trump is honest and hard-working, and is fighting a deep-state that is behind everything bad ever. They watched him spend his term doing hardly anything but pass tax cuts for the rich and golf while never even giving a thought to the infrastructure or healthcare plans he promised them, and still their faith never once wavered.

And now they take his word for it that the election was rigged by the ghost of Hugo Chavez, Dominion, and literally everyone in the world who doesn't kiss up to him, and never think it strange that an alleged billionaire is begging them for cash all the time.
    Last edited by Aexodus; January 04, 2021 at 05:42 PM.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

How unbelievably brainwashed conservatives in USA have to be to put Confederacy flags on the Capitol Hill and throw the flag in the mud to put up Trump's flag. I am pretty sure the country is called United States of America, not Trump's states of America.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

The Conservative Media Really Wants You to Think the Capitol Riot Is the Left’s Fault

Conservative cable networks made excuses on behalf of the rioters, bolstering their sense of entitlement, while continuing to spread conspiracy theories. They have suggested that those who perpetrated violence in the Capitol were actually members of antifa. (This is particularly ridiculous given that most weren’t wearing masks and have been very easy to identify.) The violence has also been excused as nothing compared to what occurred over the summer at anti–police brutality protests. Ashli Babbit, the woman who was shot during the riot and later died, was mourned by Carlson for looking normal and “pretty much like everyone else,” in contrast to the “pasty” black-clad anarchists lighting fires over the summer. (The word “pasty” insulated Carlson from the point he was actually making—that Babbit was white.)
    There is no "both sides" or moral equivalence between liberal media and conservative media. Conservative media and the current leaders of the GOP movement in United States, genuinely disgust me in a way that no SJW ever did.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    How unbelievably brainwashed conservatives in USA have to be to put Confederacy flags on the Capitol Hill and throw the flag in the mud to put up Trump's flag. I am pretty sure the country is called United States of America, not Trump's states of America.
    None of this is surprising to anyone on the left in this country. It was never about the flag, it has been about Trump for four years now.

These people would rather have Trump as dictator than have a continuation of the United States, and from the videos, you can see they are willing to fight for it.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    None of this is surprising to anyone on the left in this country. It was never about the flag, it has been about Trump for four years now.

These people would rather have Trump as dictator than have a continuation of the United States, and from the videos, you can see they are willing to fight for it.
    Those people are ... too many!
    There are polls that show a small but still significant side of the USA population supports Trump's actions before the attack on Capitol Hill. 10% of Republicans = 10-15 million people!
    That's more people than my country has. It is getting scary.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

I think you guys are mistaken.

Most of the people who rioted at the capitol might self identify as conservatives, and sociopathic conservative politicians might seek their voting power, but they are not conservatives in any classic sense. Some even express fairly progressive points of view on some issues. They've crossed out of the traditional conservative/progressive binary into the third space - that of the cult of personality.

Some have been hijacked from conservative backgrounds, in particular from the growing militia-esque scene - Timothy McVeigh would recognise them, but the QAnoners have been hijacked from all over- mindfulness, yoga, nu-internet boomers... it's really all over the show.

I don't even think it's that appropriate to comment on them in a thread about conservatives - except perhaps as the right wing's lost children.
    Last edited by antaeus; January 12, 2021 at 05:24 PM. Reason: stolen activists.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    I think you guys are mistaken.

Most of the people who rioted at the capitol might self identify as conservatives, and sociopathic conservative politicians might seek their voting power, but they are not conservatives in any classic sense. Some even express fairly progressive points of view on some issues. They've crossed out of the traditional conservative/progressive binary into the third space - that of the cult of personality.

Some have been hijacked from conservative backgrounds, in particular from the growing militia-esque scene - Timothy McVeigh would recognise them, but the QAnoners have been hijacked from all over- mindfulness, yoga, nu-internet boomers... it's really all over the show.

I don't even think it's that appropriate to comment on them in a thread about conservatives - except perhaps as the right wing's lost children.
    While you're not wrong, this mob mostly aligns with conservative buttholes these days. Conservative buttholes have been stroking the conspiracy theorists to capture the imagination of the gullible, violent and stupid and turned them lose on the Capitol Hill. While the stooges may not be what we classify as "conservative" the people pushing them are.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

I think the problem is that even if they are a relatively small amount, the right is simply not doing enough to distance themselves.

I'm reminded of the 2018 Florida governor race. Gillum made a point of saying that he doesn't necessarily believe that his opponent (the future winner Ron Desantis, Republican) is a racist. However he did feel like Desantis' constituents do think he is one, and therefore more attractive to them.

And it's because anytime it is brought up, their "stands" against racism among their own party is weak at best. Genuinely weak.

I don't think all of the Republican party is full of extremists, but their refusal to actually do anything to counter those issues with any kind of everlasting backbone is going to lead that party further to the right as more and more become radicalized. And that radicalization is not going to go away without significant actions from both the left and the right. But as we see even on this forum, anyone remotely showing a spine against Trump or his rotten ilk is just being branded a RINO in spite of their decades of service. When I saw McConnell of all people being labeled as a RINO I knew that these morons really are all in on the Trump train.

The fact that the GOP could not distance themselves from the two Qnatics that are now in Congress is indicative enough of that. Granted, that is two out of hundreds. But I am genuinely worried that if they don't take hard and significant stances now that they will be slowly eaten by that conspiracy as the old guard dies and are replaced.

God help us if a goddamn Senator becomes an open Q-moron, though to be honest some of them are hardly better than those loons anyway. And the fact that the party couldn't run anyone better than a ing dumbass football coach out of Alabama is also a major concern.

(This is not to say that I don't think any profession can run for congress, but I feel like Senators are supposed to be the best of the best. And Sen. Tuberville is on the very bottom rung on a very long ladder)
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

It is not happening in just USA though DK.
    In the Greek Parliament, there's an idiot that was elected while claiming he has letters from Jesus. Which is kinda blasphemy BTW, so I don't think the heavily Christians supported him.
    In the UK, we have Johnson at the wheel that was refusing to accept the reality that you can't have your pie and eat it too.

The crazies are multiplying.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mee...lence-n1254457

Some Republicans, a lot of them actually, are downright crazy.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

I guess for those kind of people only matters, that Trump pwns tha libruls.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Which part of that article supports that claim?

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Which part of that article supports that claim?
    Crazy is subjective, and as such, it's an opinion that doesn't need backing.

Crazy is subjective, and as such, it's an opinion that doesn't need backing.
    So why did my interlocutor attempt to back it up with a source?

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    So why did my interlocutor attempt to back it up with a source?

Seems to me that your interlocutor was expressing an opinion on some of the material discussed in the article, rather than evidencing their opinion. Your cart is pulling your horse. "Here is an article. After reading this article, I feel this way about some people" rather than: "Here is my argument, and here is an article that backs up my argument". I know, it's hard to filter out the debate from the random remarks around here some times.

*shrug*

Maybe I misunderstood and alhoon will correct me.

Maybe I misunderstood and alhoon will correct me.
    Alhoon will correct you.

@Cope and @antaeus:
    "Forty percent of voters rank Trump as either "one of the very best" presidents (19 percent) or "better than most" (21 percent)."

"In the NBC News survey, nearly a third of GOP voters surveyed — 28 percent — said Trump's words and actions related to the violence at the Capitol reinforced their vote for Trump."
    (Let's remember that 28% is a little over a forth not nearly a third, but NBC wants to paint the Republicans as the bad guys so it goes for the bigger share)

Anyway, 28% of Republicans surveyed are crazy. 19% is dangerously crazy. I posted the parts of the article that prove this claim. Not "support" this claim but downright prove it.
    Last edited by alhoon; January 18, 2021 at 09:10 AM.

It all comes back to one simple thing: nothing is more painful to these people than having to admit that they aren't anywhere near as smart as they think they are, and that they indeed might be wrong and those they despise might be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    It all comes back to one simple thing: nothing is more painful to these people than having to admit that they aren't anywhere near as smart as they think they are, and that they indeed might be wrong and those they despise might be right.
    Which is the issue with many progressives as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Liberals bear that burden so well, a shining example to us all.

This is being run on Newsmax. But it's totally not a cult guys.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1359878790122471428