Page 56 of 75 FirstFirst ... 631464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1491

Thread: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Who the heck is that guy and I think bomb threats and death threats are actually grounds of prosecution despite Free Speech.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Who the heck is that guy and I think bomb threats and death threats are actually grounds of prosecution despite Free Speech.
    A lot of conservatives believe that LGBT people come about because of molestation, so to them if someone even just mentions the existence of LGBT people (and God forbid in a positive/neutral manner) those kids are gonna become gay. And of course since a lot of those people think all LGBT people are pedophiles they think it's some kind of cycle.

It's an old stereotype that has been rearing its ugly head again. What's different this time is there is an even more deranged Qanon undercurrent welded to the theory, that this is all happening because of some liberal-Soros-Marxist conspiracy to destroy America and/or the white race, that has been gaining ground among conservatives.

It's led groups of them to now obsessively watch every video ever of anyone they hate to look for hidden signs to "prove" they're secretly trans and part of the hidden world-ruling cabal behind everything that conservatives find inconvenient or don't like. Michelle Obama seems is a favorite target as they hate her almost as much as they hate Hunter Biden.

Coughdrop addict, that post doesn't make sense. Please try to explain it better cause I honestly don't understand how "gay = pedophile = more gays" or how Soros makes movies that make people transexual.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Coughdrop addict, that post doesn't make sense. Please try to explain it better cause I honestly don't understand how "gay = pedophile = more gays" or how Soros makes movies that make people transexual.
    I concur that it does not make sense, but that's not CDAdict's "math". Its elements of the right wing's core beliefs.

So, there's an assumption among elements of the religious right that homsexuality is just another word for pederasty, you might notice the 2 being often used interchangeably in Russia. In fact Russia is a good example of these beliefs put into law. LGBT "propaganda" is outlawed as it is believed that barely mentioning it in a non-negative way is enough to sway children into the evil clutches of homosexuals. Remember the "its a lifestile we don't accept" comments, as if someone could choose what its sexual preferences are from one day to the other. You might discover that most of the people who still stand by Putin to this date are fully convinced this is real.

In fact, one should ask Mike Pence about it, as he believes in conversion therapy.

Moreover, there's also a belief that underage victims of sexual abuse grow into abusers themselves, so if one believes that gays and pedos are one and the same, the assumption that they can somehow "transmit" the "sickness" is not a real stretch of the imagination.

I don't think Pence believes in conversion therapy. Also, I have read a lot of horrible things about how some 'centers' do conversion therapy: with torture. At least in a couple of cases, they were torturing people with electroshocks and aversion conditioning.
    I am a conservative and I find the idea of torturing people to change their minds on something barbaric, cruel and ... ineffective.
    Last edited by alhoon; April 27, 2022 at 11:30 AM.

I don't think Pence believes in conversion therapy. Also, I have read a lot of horrible things about how some 'centers' do conversion therapy: with torture. At least in a couple of cases, they were torturing people with electroshocks and aversion conditioning.
    I am a conservative and I find the idea of torturing people to change their minds on something barbaric, cruel and ... ineffective.
    Alhoon, I'm not sure we can really know what a politician's true beliefs really are, especially knowing a camera is in front of them. With that said, he's hinted at CT or otherwise refused to critisize it. Moreover, favoring conversion therapy doesn't automatically mean one condones electrocution, but it certainly doesn't help.

The issue at hand isn't so much on the means to achieve that conversion though. The issue is if that is even possible in the first place.

From my own experience, I'm pretty sure i was born and will die straight, just as countless friends of mine were born and will die LGBT. But I did not decide to be like this. Genetics or God or whatever we believe to be the case chose for us, just like the color of our skins, the shape of our eyes and our height weren't our choice.

Do you believe any kind of reverse "conversion therapy" might ever be able to make you change your sexual preferences, for example?

And back to the previous matter, was my explanation of what CDA was talking about sufficiently exaustive for you?
    Last edited by Bande Nere; April 27, 2022 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bande Nere View Post
    Alhoon, I'm not sure we can really know what a politician's true beliefs really are, especially knowing a camera is in front of them. With that said, he's hinted at CT or otherwise refused to critisize it.

Even "pray the gay away" conversion therapy is brainwashing and it certainly stresses people. It is deeply troubling that the Vice President of an old obese guy would support pray-the-gay-away centers even if he didn't go out of his way to support torturing gays.

The issue is if that is even possible in the first place.
    There is no evidence at all that it is possible, and a ton of evidence that it isn't. All you can manage is convince people to not act on their impulses, not erase them.
    And that's discussing only about whether it works, and leaves aside the ethics of it.

Do you believe any kind of reverse "conversion therapy" might ever be able to make you change your sexual preferences, for example?
    No, but now the word salad of "Soros makes movies that make people pedophiles" make a bit more sense. If you believe that conversation therapy works, then it is not far fetched to believe that movies can make your kids gay.

Now, on whether it is possible to turn straight people to gay or gay people to straight, I am not sure. In young ages, before sexuality awakens, perhaps you can influence the outcome. I don't know. But Conversion Therapy is done on adults. Or at least, I hope nobody is torturing kids or filling them with enormous amounts of guilt.

About your explanation of "We bundle pedos and gays together"... no, it still doesn't make sense, sorry. I don't understand why pedophiles and gays would be considered one and the same even if you are against both. That is like saying "We bundle blond people with long-nose people" or "We bundle communists with Muslims".
    My answer to all these would be... "eeeh, what!?!"
    Last edited by alhoon; April 27, 2022 at 09:36 PM.

Now, on whether it is possible to turn straight people to gay or gay people to straight, I am not sure. In young ages, before sexuality awakens, perhaps you can influence the outcome. I don't know. But Conversion Therapy is done on adults. Or at least, I hope nobody is torturing kids or filling them with enormous amounts of guilt.

About your explanation of "We bundle pedos and gays together"... no, it still doesn't make sense, sorry. I don't understand why pedophiles and gays would be considered one and the same even if you are against both. That is like saying "We bundle blond people with long-nose people" or "We bundle communists with Muslims".
    My answer to all these would be... "eeeh, what!?!"
    I'm explaining what some folks on the religious right believe, clearly that's not my belief nor yours. It doesn't make sense for me either but then a lot of of people believe in crazy I can't make sense of.

I'm quite confident a lot of these CT centers did "work" on minors(in fact these centers mostly work with teens). Parents can't legally abduct you once you are of age...

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Alhoon, your mistake was trying to make sense of, or even give the benefit of the doubt towards, the American religious right. That time has long passed, and it is dangerous to continue to assume that their behavior is simply out of ignorance and not just plain early 20th century hatred.

Their ability to stir up uncivilized, uncultured, and quite frankly barbaric levels of hatred towards their fellow man over nothing but conspiracies and other nonsense is something we have only seen a few times before. "The Other" is such a convenient scapegoat for religious conservatives, whether they be gays, ethnic minorities, or anyone that is seen as trying to help those communities (which are now teachers). And it works so well, they don't even need to do anything else. Just invent stories about "people doing things" that are either flat out lies or at best misrepresenting the actual situation, stir up the anger at these nonissues, and sit back and let the pawns do all the work for you. It worked on January 6th, it's working at school and library boards, and it will likely work later this year. I mean, you would not believe the level of kindergarten teachers are having to deal with from easily swayed (ignorant) parents that think the entire public school system is trying to make their kids gay, and that's all because of this overall culture war nonsense that conservatives have to use in order to stay relevant because it's all they have to offer. When you have no platform, you preach hatred.

It does not have to make sense for the hatred to sell. And it sells very well among the average conservative in America. They are already prone to believing in insane things (Old Testament...) that the rest of the stuff they have picked up along the way is easy enough for them to digest. A lot of it even meshes very well with the burning core of hate that they already possess...the conspiracies just reinforce their already tainted worldview. There's a reason I left the Republican Party in 2016 when I saw the direction it was heading in. And I continue to be vindicated for my decision when I see the path they continue to follow towards their dream of a authoritarian theocracy built on nothing but malice and destruction of all the progress that has been made.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; April 28, 2022 at 01:24 AM.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Actually Chris your explanation clicks. It makes "Sense".
    Just saying homosexuals are homosexual doesn't make the average conservative voter go out and vote for the guys that tried to overturn the election. So, tell him that gays are also pedophiles and are here for his children, rubbing their hands creepily as they watch them going to school through Hillary Clinton's cameras. Yeap, that guy is now more probable to overlook that the side that says that is the side that burns books.
    Since it works, why stop?

On Conversion Therapy on teens: That is a very dangerous issue. Has anyone checked how many of those teens end up taking their lives once they find out they are still attracted to people they are not supposed to?

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

What Harm Can Conversion Therapy Cause?

Conversion therapy techniques can lead to feeling “less than” or “damaged,” impacting self-esteem. This can take a significant toll on your emotional and physical health. A number of medical and mental health organizations have issued public statements rejecting the use of conversion therapy because of this.
    And many providers who claim to be qualified to provide conversion therapy are often not licensed mental health practitioners or medical experts.
    One study found that LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or questioning) people who are rejected or discriminated against are:

• 8 times more likely to report having attempted suicide
    • Almost 6 times more likely to report high levels of depression
    • More than 3 times as likely to use illegal drugs
    • 3 times more likely to be at high risk of HIV and other STDs

https://www.webmd.com/sex-relationsh...ersion-therapy

This study is from San Francisco State University which compared LGBTQ young people who were not rejected or were only a little rejected by their parents and caregivers because of their gay or transgender identity, with highly rejected LGBTQ young people.

So if you really love your child you accept it as it is and give a crap about other motherers.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Of course we all know that the existence of LGBT people is a communist plot. The internet told us so: https://twitter.com/bernybelvedere/s...32763098308608

Another alternative win for Abbott's freakshow government and Texas. And these are the guys who are supposedly in favor of free market - but also - the American worker.

But don't worry, where Abbott can't reach, Senator Cruz is sure to be there to take over the good fight, as soon as he manages to bully his way into a first class seat on the way back from X vacation spot
    Last edited by Bande Nere; May 04, 2022 at 05:37 AM.

https://thehill.com/news/senate/3479...tq-characters/

Because the last thing the Republican party wants is kids seeing LGBT people as people and not enemies to be destroyed. And they certainly don't want a child with LGBT parents to feel accepted and loved.

https://www.bnd.com/news/local/artic...tZs5innvPsy5WM

Board replaces fire chief with... convicted arsonist.

Maybe they want to drum up some business?

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Maybe they want to drum up some business?
    That must be it.
    "Guys, California fires get ALL the rep, year after year! We are being slaughtered here and they will butcher our funding. Difficult times call for drastic measures and out-of-the-box thinking and solutions."

Damn paywall. Could you do a bit of C/P, pretty please?

Damn paywall. Could you do a bit of C/P, pretty please?

"
    The Prairie Du Pont Fire District is embroiled in controversy following a board of trustees decision to remove Fire Chief John Rosenkranz and replace him with Acting Fire Chief Jerame Simmons. Provided The Prairie Du Pont Fire District has fallen into chaos. Its three-member board of trustees replaced the fire chief on Monday with a controversial assistant chief who was convicted of arson 23 years ago and who has been reported for safety violations. That caused 10 out of 13 volunteer firefighters to resign, according to the former fire chief, John Rosenkranz, 37, of East Carondelet. "

Also, there are more there. Allegations of the board ignoring sexual harassment complains, discrimination, etc.

"John Rosenkranz called the personnel change “retaliation” for his efforts to obtain basic information on district finances that he needed to prepare budgets and apply for grants so firefighters could update their equipment and maintain a safe operation. "

But let's dive in the juicy gossip that we are all here for, instead of pretending we care about what Du Po-something district does.

"Jerame Simmons [that's the new chief] pleaded guilty in St. Clair County Circuit Court to felony arson for setting a fire at a vacant house and having an illegal “oscillating emergency light” on his personal vehicle in 1998. (He was a firefighter at the time.) [...] As part of Jerame Simmons’ plea agreement, officials dismissed a charge of attempted aggravated arson. He had been accused of going to the basement of Dupo Senior High School, gathering toilet paper and ceiling tiles and lighting them on fire, according to court documents. "

Look, it's not that they replaced the Fire Chief with a convicted arsonist that set a fire to his house to get insurance money.
    They replaced him with a pyromaniac.

Now, don't get me wrong. The previous chief was not exactly a paragon. Since we're on juicy gossip, the previous chief had appointed his wife as assistant chief.
    Last edited by alhoon; May 09, 2022 at 09:42 AM.

LOL, what the actual .

TY for the C/P Alhoon

Considering how many small town PD's are basically criminal organizations over there, that this translates to the FD as well isn't so crazy after all.