Page 48 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950515253545556575873 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    BLM/antifa protests were objectively violent. They killed dozens of people (resulted, from violence on both cops and protesters side, but both sides were violent, which is the point) and dealt countless damages to both public and private property. Even Sleepy Joe himself made statements denouncing riots after it became politically expedient to do so. Saying that this was non-violent is basically denying reality.
    Trying to deflect with more false framing, I see. By your logic that you apply to BLM, with regards to the Convoy protests, because of the violence committed by those that tried to break through the police barricade and because of the incident where someone drove a car into a crowd, tells us that the Convoy protests are objectively violent. Yet, you wouldn't argue that. I wouldn't argue that.
    The Armenian Issue

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Dude, it literally mentions pro-Trump people being killed during those riots by BLM/antifa. Literally you didn't even read the article you posted, not even the first bold little paragraph thing that is visible and provides synopsis. By Yahweh's , this is the worst type of debating I've ever seen.

Dude, it literally mentions pro-Trump people being killed during those riots by BLM/antifa. Literally you didn't even read the article you posted, not even the first bold little paragraph thing that is visible and provides synopsis. By Yahweh's , this is the worst type of debating I've ever seen.
    That doesn't really address what I said. Continuing to false framing incidents that occurred as if BLM protesters killed people left and right does nothing but to show that you're failing to reconcile the logic you're using. Projecting the quality of your arguments no longer work here.
    The Armenian Issue

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

why don't you want children to learn about history of banking.
    Children should learn that the immense prosperity of multi-billionaires around the world can be explained by the free movement of capital without fiscal compensation, that is to say, the favours/privileges granted to them.Learn about the secret owners of £80bn held in the Credit Suisse, and how legislators are responsible for enabling financial crimes.The banks alone are not to blame, because they are simply being good capitalists by maximising profits within the legal framework they operate in, Suisse Secrets - OCCRP - Organized Crime and Corruption

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Saying "Slavers in the USA were predominantly, but not always, white" is teaching history.
    The religious Christian identity was crucial for the development of the English/European slave trade and for the development of racial whiteness. But the main feature of the US white supremacy is the assumption that people with Anglo Saxon backgrounds are the first order of humanity. Anglo-Saxons, period.

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA), a 3rd generation Portuguese American, together with Rep. Jim Costa (D-CA), both Portuguese descendants, elected by the state of California, are examples of non-white Europeans, as is Rep. Lori Loureiro Trahan (D-MA), from Massachusetts. Faces of Power: 80% Are White, More New York Times

As you should know, a lot of the white supremacists in the Northern states didn't even want an African American presence there. Many of them advocated the American Colonization Society, founded with primarily pro-slavery motivations in 1817 to send free African-Americans to Africa as an alternative to emancipation in the United States. The Founding Fathers were white supremacists. Franklin, preferred that people of African descent never existed in the American colonies and Jefferson refused to free his own slaves, considered people of African descent inherently inferior. The only thing they all agreed upon was the superiority of the white race. Not teaching the history of white supremacy and the history of slavery in the US is not teaching the American history.
    Last edited by Ludicus; February 21, 2022 at 02:22 PM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    The religious Christian identity was crucial for the development of the English/European slave trade and for the development of racial whiteness.
    What was crucial for the development of the Portuguese slave trade?

I'm also curious about how Christian identity had to do with predominantly Arab/Ottoman slave trade, of which Christians were one of the biggest victims. And I'm saying this as some who is very Anti-Christian.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

I'm also curious about how Christian identity had to do with predominantly Arab/Ottoman slave trade, of which Christians were one of the biggest victims. And I'm saying this as some who is very Anti-Christian.
    I am pro-Christian and remind you that the Arab / Central Asia slave trade is alive and well and Christian Slaves are still victims if they can abduct them. We call it "human trafficking" nowdays.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/s...37857839153168

Delaware GOP candidate for Senate in 2020 declares she identifies more with "Putin's Christian values" than Biden and goes on to call out Biden's "Luciferian regime."

Trump broke the modern GOP. These people are straight wing-nuts.
    "Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by chilon View Post

Delaware GOP candidate for Senate in 2020 declares she identifies more with "Putin's Christian values" than Biden and goes on to call out Biden's "Luciferian regime."

At the same time, there are many conservatives/Republicans that are pretty fired up about Ukraine. If anything, this is the greatest moment of political unity felt since 9/11 where voters from both parties agree something must be done to help Ukraine and condemn Russia.

A lot of it is mixed with Biden-blaming with "I told you so's" and curses that he hasn't done enough so far, but at least there is a general national agreement that Ukraine warrants sympathy and support.

Quote Originally Posted by chilon View Post

When these people are outright supporting a fascist dictatorship over their own country, they can justifiably be called nothing less than traitors.

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    At the same time, there are many conservatives/Republicans that are pretty fired up about Ukraine. If anything, this is the greatest moment of political unity felt since 9/11 where voters from both parties agree something must be done to help Ukraine and condemn Russia.

A lot of it is mixed with Biden-blaming with "I told you so's" and curses that he hasn't done enough so far, but at least there is a general national agreement that Ukraine warrants sympathy and support.
    Yes both sides in US politics are big tents and have their share of absolute twits. Its fair enough US domestic consumption is the main game for them, but a few times the US has raised its eyes past what plays in Peoria and the needs of Wall Street and done some decent things, Marshall plan was enlightened self interest and I think Wilson's vision of the League of Nations was pretty noble, even if he hadn't worked out the kinks. Even that Trump tier tool JFK set up the Peace Corps, I'm sure they did something good somewhere.

So its definitely fair to blast this nitwit for her rant but its hardly and exclusive conservative practice.

Is the red wing pulling behind the president mostly on Ukraine? Most of the Dems fell in line behind Bush for Iraq and PATRIOT, so for international responses there's usually solidarity.

Wish they could have some sort of War Cabinet, its a rare sensible feature of Parliamentary democracy when the state is under threat all parties take a seat in Government (and share the blame as well as the glory). The you don't get so much of the "Defeatocrats" or Corruptlicans" rhetoric after a war.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Traitors2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	162.9 KB 
ID:	366724Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Traitors1.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	260.9 KB 
ID:	366725

Hoo boy are these delusional morons in for a surprise.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Big mouths. If the first grenade explodes near them, they swim back to US or Australia.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Traitors2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	162.9 KB 
ID:	366724Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Traitors1.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	260.9 KB 
ID:	366725

Hoo boy are these delusional morons in for a surprise.
    I doubt they'll make it there, but I hope they do.

"patriots"

I think a month or so in an Eastern European prison with actual tough guys will be a real wake up call to these "warriors".

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    I think a month or so in an Eastern European prison with actual tough guys will be a real wake up call to these "warriors".
    I doubt that they could even "survive" a week in any european boarding house
    Last edited by mishkin; February 27, 2022 at 04:07 AM.

Praeses

We have some pro-Russian, specifically pro-Putin motorbike gangs here, not sure if they are related to the chubby Proud Boys in the picture.

If they have Russian ancestry I can understand tribal loyalty kicking in, but when we had members of our Islamic Arab communities doing stuff like (flying out to LARP in wars) this a lot had their passports cancelled. The jihadists also targeted some mentally ill and vulnerable people, maybe that's the story here too?

Also if someone lets the Poles know some pro-Russian volunteers are flying in, maybe they'd get a stay at a Polish internment camp instead? Maybe this is an elaborate SWATing exercise and they're just going to a Polish family reunion.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBN View Post
    I doubt they'll make it there, but I hope they do.

"patriots"
    So far as I'm aware, there isn't any confirmation that the story is real. It looks as if it may have come from a bogus Twitter account.

I've seen a few on the right, in between gushing praise for what a manly man's man Putin is, calling the sanctions against Russia "deplatforming".

I'm just waiting until they say Ukraine fighting back is cancel culture, and not immediately surrendering to Putin is a form of CRT.

There is so much seething by conservatives about the SOTU on Twitter. Biden giving this speech or making any public appearance smacks them across the face with the fact that, for all of their efforts to cheat and overturn the election, he's their president. They foam at the mouth with every breath he takes.