Page 42 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950515267 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Yes it does. Conservatism is based on the idea that certain people are just inherently superior and so deserve more rights and privileges than others, and that certain other people are just inherently inferior and so deserve fewer rights and privileges than others. The only difference is the identities of these two groups and what arbitrary characteristics are used to define them IE rich/poor, male/female, white/black, or in this case Japanese/Chinese.
    Rich/poor is not inherent.

And as a conservative, I am telling you that this is not the case. Conservatism is based on conserving our values. A conservative in Russia is a communist. A conservative in China is a Communist.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Praeses

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I don't understand any of the examples.
    My apologies. I was attempting to illustrate that Japan was and is a fairly hierarchic society with a lot of people holding what I think are racist attitudes, to the extent they refuse to speak with relatives who marry a non-Japanese.

What is a "Baka Gaijin"?
    AFAIK it is an expression in Japanese meaning "stupid foreigner".

What do you mean she was "Reclassified as a non person"? What do you mean "impure status"?
    https://hibakushastories.org/who-are-the-hibakusha/

Survivors of the nuclear attacks suffered cruel discrimination from their fellow subjects.

What do you mean that you HJ/HS relative is fine but his Japanese relatives "never will"?
    I did not say my relative is fine, I said he is as fine a person as you will meet, that is to say I esteem him highly and I think you would too. His Japanese relatives refuse to meet with him, because of his partly non-Japanese heritage.

And ... what about Australia?
    We are (like most countries) a place with racism. We have apartheid, we just don't call it that.

I'd say the racism in Japan is more associated with conservative attitudes, its was an intrinsic part of the Imperial Japanese project (as it was with most nationalist/imperialist projects in the 19th and 20th centuries).

A fellow poster mentioned in a past thread that the majority Japanese culture used to use terms (specifically terms for counting) otherwise used for animals (and not for people) when referring to Ainu culture people, so it may nbe that racist attitudes were fairly entrenched in some aspects of Japanese culture?
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Mithradates's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    . His Japanese relatives refuse to meet with him
    Out of curiosity, can he speak japanese?

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Yes it does.
    Are left-wing racists right-wing then? lmao.
    Conservatism is based on the idea that certain people are just inherently superior and so deserve more rights and privileges than others, and that certain other people are just inherently inferior and so deserve fewer rights and privileges than others.
    Lol no, that is absolutely not what conservatism is, by any definition.
    The only difference is the identities of these two groups and what arbitrary characteristics are used to define them IE rich/poor, male/female, white/black
    Left does this too, only in reverse to what you think right does.
    In summary your definition is: right-wing is when bad. left wing is when good.

Moderator Emeritus

My apologies. I was attempting to illustrate that Japan was and is a fairly hierarchic society with a lot of people holding what I think are racist attitudes, to the extent they refuse to speak with relatives who marry a non-Japanese.

I would count that as nationalism, but ... what? What?
    Are you exaggerating perhaps?

I did not say my relative is fine, I said he is as fine a person as you will meet, that is to say I esteem him highly and I think you would too. His Japanese relatives refuse to meet with him, because of his partly non-Japanese heritage.

Apparently not...
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Mithradates View Post
    Out of curiosity, can he speak japanese?
    Yes. His appearance is unremarkably Japanese too, except for his eye colour (blue).

I'm a pretty simple person, I can recognise right and wrong when its explained to me but it usually takes a personal example for me to feel the full implications of discrimination (hence I feel more keenly say the Israel/rest-of-Palestine question more deeply than say Yemen's horrible situation, as I have no Yemeni (sp?) relatives).

The little I know of Japanese culture is really impressive and much of it is attractive, but my family's experience of racism affected me deeply.

My own culture (Australian, which is largely colonial British, tending to the Catholic Irish subculture) places a very great emphasis on family loyalty so excluding a family member for perceived race is shocking. I mean we will be angry and rude to one another but the idea of not even wanting to speak to a family member?

That said I've had past relatives involved in setting up camps for indigenous people in Australia, I'm not singling out Japan for criticism. I'm just agreeing with Alhoon, racism does seem to be a feature of some conservative mindsets in Japan.

Mithradates's Avatar Domesticus

So even the language wouldnt be a problem, they really just dont want to talk, how sad.

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Mithradates View Post
    So even the language wouldnt be a problem, they really just dont want to talk, how sad.
    Yes it is, and he is a stellar bloke so its hard for me to swallow.

Look there are different cultures with different values. I don't shrink from the fact that Australia is racist, and there's plenty of hypocrisy around that. We definitely subjected Japan to racist intolerance in the past, when Britain tried to put together a British Japanese alliance in the Pacific the US nixed it and Australia cheered loudly, even though we were a British Dominion at the time.

When Japan tried to insert an anti-racist clause in the League of Nations foundation document Australia above all led the charge to block it: we insisted racism was not a bad thing. This was law in my country into the 1960's even after the US had nominal equality everywhere. We had "no citizenship for indigenous people" and fairly widespread hatred of "yellow" people.

Moderator Emeritus

Moscow Mitch said that black people (in the USA) vote as much as Americans in response to the voting rights thing.
    Look, I know that he probably wanted to say "as much as the other Americans."

But the statement would be problematic anyway. How is marginalizing even some of a group of people justified by the rest of them trying harder to be heard in a country where about half the politicians want them to be heard less?
    And Moscow Mitch went out and said it: This group votes about as much as the other groups. Oh, really? That's not because things are peachy, McConnel, that's because there is greater effort to overcome the curveballs thrown in their way.

I am the first to say that SJWs are often buttholes and more often than not, they exaggerate. And that most of them are annoying, whether right or wrong, which makes a sizeable part of the electorate to support Trump just to spite them.
    I agree that the situation is not that bad for the entire non-white electorate. BUT... USA is supposed to be a representative democracy. The "oh, come on, voting situation for 9 out of 10 non-whites is about the same as for whites" does NOT absolve that for 1/10 non-white people it is harder to vote!

(the numbers are out of my head, I don't know the real numbers and I don't trust SJWs or Moscow Mitch estimations; it is impossible to know because both sides are self-serving buttholes).

*********************************************************************************
    Ranting about something completely different:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rookie-co...100306837.html

Policeman draws gun on kids mistaking them, threatens their family.
    The family sues, court says proceed, court of appeals exonerates that policeman.

So... a guy that before asking any question pulled a gun on two kids 12 and 14 years old, threatened their mother with a taser while holding the gun to the kids and ignored most of his training... is still patrolling the streets because the courts protected him. Keep in mind, the court of appeals congratulated the family for keeping their cool. They left that guy patrol the streets regardless.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Welcome to American policing.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...gans-governor/

The men accused of plotting to kidnap Michigan’s Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer lost a motion to dismiss their indictment on Tuesday, as a federal judge found they did not meet their “heavy burden” to show entrapment.
    "Buhbuhbuhbuh dey made me do it! *sniffle*"

Don't worry, whimpering crybabies always do just fine in prison.

Moderator Emeritus

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...gans-governor/

"Buhbuhbuhbuh dey made me do it! *sniffle*"

Don't worry, whimpering crybabies always do just fine in prison.
    Wait, what was their defense again? Entrapment?
    As in claiming the governor tried to get them to kidnap them or something less stupid? It can't be that stupid.

As in claiming the governor tried to get them to kidnap them or something less stupid? It can't be that stupid.
    The claim, simplified, from the ACAB anti-Trump anarchists is that the undercover FBI agents and informants that were part of their group were the ones pushing the plot (hence entrapment).

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

“I didn’t mean to form a terrorist plot to kidnap the governor! Big bad government made me!”
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

The governor called for mask mandates and lockdowns. And since these shining examples of Trump supporters had never experienced anything remotely resembling hardship, the idea of suffering even a slight inconvenience was more than they could bare. So there brave men decided the only logical response was to kidnap, torture, and murder her for daring to tell them to do something they didn't want to.

But...turns out the FBI wisely had an informant in the group. They make a point to keep them in right-wing militias, because otherwise bombings and terrorism would be a daily occurrence all across the nation.

Now the big tough militia men, who swore up and down they were ready to fight the whole military by themselves, are bawling like babies as for the first time in their lives they face real and personal consequences for their actions. So they're flailing about, crying entrapment or whatever other lame excuses they can think of in a desperate attempt to avoid their deserved punishment.

Note from these "Trump supporters":
    "Trump is not your friend dude", "he's a tyrant", "every single person that works for government is your enemy dude".
    https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck/st...26186659545088

While the "an informant" was:
    "In the Michigan kidnapping case, at least a dozen confidential informants, as well as two or more undercover FBI agents, helped gather evidence against the 14 men who were charged."
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...kidnap-whitmer
    Last edited by Infidel144; January 26, 2022 at 04:29 PM.

I'm guessing someone didn't get his pardon from Mr. "Liberate Michigan!" and is mad about it. At least he's a little smarter than the 1/6 traitors who still think Trump loves them.

And yes, the FBI sends agents to infiltrate terror cells and organized crime to catch them in the act. What did you think an undercover cop did?

Ah, he is mad at tyrant and enemy Trump before he was arrested and charged because he did not get a pardon for something that had not happened yet...

Or, it shows what I stated (anti-Trump, ACAB, anarchist) to be accurate, and your attempt at refutation ("Trump supporters") to be based on ignorance, particularly since the information was provided here in the general thread (by Podromos initially, a year and ca. 5 months ago) and elsewhere (IIRC).

And yes, you said "an informant" (i.e. 1, singular), though I had already stated "undercover FBI agents and informants" (i.e. multiple).

This is just cope to cover for your ignorance...
    Last edited by Infidel144; January 27, 2022 at 07:15 AM.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

McMinn County School Board bans Pulitzer Price winning graphic novel "Maus", which is depicting the Holocaust in a more child appropiate way (Mice are representing the Jews, Cats the Grermans) from an eighth grade language arts curriculum , because 8 words like "b....", "goddammit" and the drawing of a naked womenn are used.

Minutes from the Jan. 10 meeting of the McMinn School Board show that Director of School Lee Parkison opened the session by saying: “The values of the county are understood. There is some rough, objectionable language in this book and knowing that and hearing from many of you and discussing it, two or three of you came by my office to discuss that.”

Parkison said he had “consulted with our attorney” and as a result “we decided the best way to fix or handle the language in this book was to redact it.”
    “Considering copyright, we decided to redact it to get rid of the eight curse words and the picture of the
    woman that was objected to,” Parkison said.

But board members worried that might violate the book’s copyright, the minutes show.
    One member, Tony Allman, was quoted in the minutes as saying, “Being in the schools, educators and stuff we don’t need to enable or somewhat promote this stuff.”
    “It shows people hanging, it shows them killing kids, why does the educational system promote this kind of stuff, it is not wise or healthy,” Allman said, according to the minutes.
    Julie Goodin, an assistant principal, replied to Allman, saying, “I can talk of the history, I was a history teacher and there is nothing pretty about the Holocaust and for me this was a great way to depict a horrific time in history.”
    “Mr. Spiegelman did his very best to depict his mother passing away and we are almost 80 years away. It’s hard for this generation, these kids don’t even know 9/11, they were not even born,” Goodin said, according to the minutes. “For me this was his way to convey the message. Are the words objectionable? Yes, there is no one that thinks they aren’t, but by taking away the first part, it’s not changing the meaning of what he is trying to portray and copyright.

Allman then replied to Goodin, saying: “I understand that on TV and maybe at home these kids hear worse, but we are talking about things that if a student went down the hallway and said this, our disciplinary policy says they can be disciplined, and rightfully so. And we are teaching this and going against policy?”

The meeting ended with all 10 members of the board voting to remove “Maus” from the eighth grade curriculum.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/26/tenn...piegelman.html

Stopping fool language and nudity is naturally more important than learning something about the worst part of the 20. century.

Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Surely it’s possible to learn about the Holocaust without exposing children to profane language and images?
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII