Page 31 of 75 FirstFirst ... 621222324252627282930313233343536373839404156 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Miles

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    It's true that acts of provocation limit the right of self defense, but it doesn't completely do away with them, be it in Germany or in the US. My statement obviously assumes that the assailants still would have acted without provocation, and that the exact same occurances would have happened as they did in Kenosha. The example case in Germany I presented btw. held that in such a situation where one is about to defend oneself, one should show the weapon one is in possession of if possible so that deterrance can stop further escalation. The presented case happened with a knife, but you're not allowed to carry around a knife without cause in Germany either.
    Open carry of knives is forbidden in Germany? I'm honestly surprised to hear that, considering that Germany has a long history banning swords, so people started to pretend that swords were knives to get around it. It is why the long-knife is a thing.

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    First one yes, second one no. Could the far-right allegation be made in connection to Rittenhouse posing pictures with Proud Boys members and making their signs for a photo?
    What do you mean by allegation? World allegation implies that there is something wrong with having far-right beliefs (or any other kind of beliefs as for that matter), though I think we can all agree that Rittenhouses's personal beliefs are larger irrelevant. As facts of the case have shown, he was just unlucky that he was attacked by 3 violent lunatics, but we can be grateful that he was armed and real tragedy was avoided.
    I do find it how leftists activists and corporate journos obssess themselves with private life of a random teenager quite creepy.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bisexual-...174433110.html

Speaking as an angry conservative that strongly dislikes Progressives and their woke agenda:

WTF?!?!?
    Some people, including most progressives and apparently a bunch of snowflake conservatives, should learn that freedom of expression includes expression you don't agree with.
    A teacher should be allowed to walk into class with a pride flag as long as they don't try to shove the agenda down the throats of students. Having a pride flag in the room is his right. I disagree with a bunch of things he said, but indeed, having a pride flag in the classroom is not a political statement. Obviously, it is not a humans right thing, it's a stupidity thing, but it's his right never the less.
    As the teacher should not shove the progressive agenda down the throats of students, conservatives should not shove their agenda down the throats of students. Without freedom of expression, for BOTH sides to express their views, people can't make informed decisions and either vomit on the repugnant progressive agendas or unfortunately, paint their hair pink and start arguing about the myriad of sexes.

Teaching that there are 80+ sexes is wrong. Saying that you believe there are 80+ sexes is your right, though (as long as you say it instead of demanding others to say it too). You have the right to be wrong as we have the right to tell you you are wrong.

PS. I would be strongly annoyed by that teacher displaying that flag. But it's his right to annoy me and display that flag.

PPS. What is the word for "angry conservative that likes to rant about how most progressives destroy society and their agenda is a threat etc etc"?
    The equivalent of Karen, but for males?
    Last edited by alhoon; November 30, 2021 at 04:55 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post

Speaking as an angry conservative that strongly dislikes Progressives and their woke agenda:

WTF?!?!?
    Some people, including most progressives and apparently a bunch of snowflake conservatives, should learn that freedom of expression includes expression you don't agree with.
    A teacher should be allowed to walk into class with a pride flag as long as they don't try to shove the agenda down the throats of students. Having a pride flag in the room is his right. I disagree with a bunch of things he said, but indeed, having a pride flag in the classroom is not a political statement. Obviously, it is not a humans right thing, it's a stupidity thing, but it's his right never the less.
    As the teacher should not shove the progressive agenda down the throats of students, conservatives should not shove their agenda down the throats of students. Without freedom of expression, for BOTH sides to express their views, people can't make informed decisions and either vomit on the repugnant progressive agendas or unfortunately, paint their hair pink and start arguing about the myriad of sexes.

Teaching that there are 80+ sexes is wrong. Saying that you believe there are 80+ sexes is your right, though (as long as you say it instead of demanding others to say it too). You have the right to be wrong as we have the right to tell you you are wrong.

PS. I would be strongly annoyed by that teacher displaying that flag. But it's his right to annoy me and display that flag.

PPS. What is the word for "angry conservative that likes to rant about how most progressives destroy society and their agenda is a threat etc etc"?
    In my country that would be a "Stevo" or "Danno" or any standard white bread name with "o" on the end really.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    In my country that would be a "Stevo" or "Danno" or any standard white bread name with "o" on the end really.
    I know a coupla Bretts like that, but yeah, usually its Davo or Gibbo or whatnot.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I know a coupla Bretts like that, but yeah, usually its Davo or Gibbo or whatnot.
    Bretto is a bit of a mouth full. But I can see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Bretto is a bit of a mouth full. But I can see it happening.
    Uhh... You two remember this is an English language forum, right?

Maybe you could start a thread here for Anzac or whatever you're speaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

WTF?!?!?

Sometimes the solution can be so simple:

Male Karen

Urban Dictionary: male karen

Male Version Of Karen: Is There A Specific One Out There? (insiderlyfe.com)

Most Common Characteristics of a Male Karen

The following are the most common characteristics of a male Karen as described by the internet:

• In any situation, a sense of entitlement (like a supermarket or a park)
    • Sexism, racism, and/or classism are all examples of discrimination.
    • Physical characteristics: Caucasian, middle-aged, and masculine
    • They are outspoken in their attacks.
    • During their chats and attacks, they are extremely confident.

Donald Trump (Karen in Chief), Elon Musk (space Karen), and Tucker Carlson are all notable instances of male Karens.
    We also mentioned Logan Paul as a celebrity version of a male Karen. That’s because he’s notorious for having a “punchable face” as a result of his provocative and entitled behavior. In 2017, for example, Paul was chastised for filming a body and distributing it to YouTube.
    He was well aware that his privileged status would protect him from reprimand. What’s more, guess what? After a brief layoff, he was back in the game. The same may be said of Martin Shkreli, albeit we wouldn’t categorize him as a male Karen. If you’ll pardon the expression, a half-male Karen. When he chose to boost the price of essential AIDS medications by roughly 56 times, he was just being a snob.
    Some Typical Male Karen Behavior Examples

Are you unsure what constitutes masculine Karen behavior? Here are a few instances from our own experience:

• Even when it’s evident that she’s uncomfortable, a man mocks a Chinese woman by squinting his eyes with his palms repeatedly.
    • A man in his early 30s refuses to wear a mask in a country where it is required, claiming that he has the right to do so.
    • While contacting customer service through email, a man insists on speaking with the manager.
    • A man who called the cops on a Hispanic-organized party in a park to which he had not been invited.

Space Karen
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; December 01, 2021 at 07:59 AM.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

That's not very close to what I was looking for though, Morticia. I want a word for that old uncle that chews everyone's ear off in family gatherings about the commies or kids-these-days etc.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Grumpy old man then.

Personally i would call such a person Walldorf & Stadler, always negative comments from the muppet show balcony.

I fear you must create your own word.

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    Uhh... You two remember this is an English language forum, right?

Maybe you could start a thread here for Anzac or whatever you're speaking.
    Strine's dinkum Pom, Seppo.

That's not very close to what I was looking for though, Morticia. I want a word for that old uncle that chews everyone's ear off in family gatherings about the commies or kids-these-days etc.
    I mean, Boomer covers a lot of ground here. Alex for the ones with erectile disfunction, Joe for the mentally damaged ones (as in Biden or Rogan).

Sounds a lot like my uncle Gordon.

Except it's not about the commies these days. It's about the wokes. Ten years ago it was PC gone mad.

Uncle Gordo.

Also... now I look... uncle Gordo is a boomer. Although only just. He's borderline Gen-X. But those early Gen-Xers are just baby boomers anyway. Geddit?

I am borderline Gen-Xer close to millennials. "Angry uncle Gordon" sounds my thing.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

It's about the wokes. Ten years ago it was PC gone mad.
    Hasn't it tho? No one hearing political correctness today assumes it to have a positive meaning. It used to be a sensible thing: Don't be a d. Same with woke. It used to mean being alert, awake. Now it's associated with hollow virtue signalling. Neither of the terms have been corrupted by the "right" as much as they have by the fakers who clearly don't care what those core concepts were actually about.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Well technically the term “political correctness” first emerged as a Soviet concept for faithful adherence to the directives of the Party. Rather than “the right” assigning nefarious connotations to the term, it had them from inception, at least, to non communists.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

WTF?!?!?
    The problem is that teachers acting like activists. You are allowed to have political creed/religion/sexual orientation that you like, but if you want to be seen as professional, its best to leave your religion/creed/sexuality at home, otherwise you get Karens at the gates, and deservedly so. He was paid to do a job, not to use his job as a pulpit for his beliefs.

Praeses

The OED mentions the first printed instance of "Political Correctness" occurring in the Witness (Litchfield, Conn.) in 1805.

"The constitution presumes that the people are the judges of political correctness, and has accordingly left the decision to them."
    The next handful of entries are from the US as well (but of course you can check that for yourself). The term appears to have initially denoted adherence to a cause in a positive sense in the general US scene, but became less positive over time (by the 1930's it was used to critique Nazi oppression) and really only recently became a right-wing buzzword.

You can take alleged references out of context from a certain edition of a certain dictionary that isn’t freely available online, or you can just Google it:

political correctness (PC), term used to refer to language that seems intended to give the least amount of offense, especially when describing groups identified by external markers such as race, gender, culture, or sexual orientation. The concept has been discussed, disputed, criticized, and satirized by commentators from across the political spectrum. The term has often been used derisively to ridicule the notion that altering language usage can change the public’s perceptions and beliefs as well as influence outcomes.

The term first appeared in Marxist-Leninist vocabulary following the Russian Revolution of 1917. At that time it was used to describe adherence to the policies and principles of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union (that is, the party line). During the late 1970s and early 1980s the term began to be used wittily by liberal politicians to refer to the extremism of some left-wing issues, particularly regarding what was perceived as an emphasis on rhetoric over content.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/political-correctness
    In terms of correct or incorrect opinions more broadly, the term appears in NYT in the 30s to describe Nazi policies designed to stigmatize politically incorrect views.
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; December 02, 2021 at 05:52 PM.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tennessee...160300057.html

A Southern chapter of the right-wing parents advocacy group Moms of Liberty is protesting teaching the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in school because they claim aspects of his work traumatize students. The group further alleged that teaching children anything about the civil rights movement should be banned.
    Some elements of the curriculum that were highlighted in the filing were books taught in their elementary second grade module about the life and contributions of various civil rights leaders. Two books specifically named were “Martin Luther King Jr. and the March on Washington” by Frances Ruffin and “Ruby Bridges Goes to School: My True Story” by Ruby Bridges.
    This is exactly what the "fight" against CRT will lead to. Teaching about MLK Jr and the civil rights movement is now too emotionally traumatic? Conservatives seem pretty hell bent on destroying education in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/tennessee...160300057.html

This is exactly what the "fight" against CRT will lead to. Teaching about MLK Jr and the civil rights movement is now too emotionally traumatic? Conservatives seem pretty hell bent on destroying education in the US.
    Desperate try to turn back time before Birmingham, Alabama and the bus boycott.