Page 19 of 75 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728294469 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    That sounds like excuses. If they really wanted to help them, they'd get politicians and corporations that backed forever wars to open the checkbook and pay for the damages they incurred. I'm pretty sure that between bank accounts of Bush and Cheney families, as well as Rayhteon CEO and CEOs of other military corporations, there is enough funds to cover the expenses.
    Who are you talking about?

America has one of the most progressive taxation systems in the world. The top 1% pay like 50% of all income taxes, so the billionaire globalist elites are already funding these refugee programs with tens of billions of dollars of their own money.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post

America has one of the most progressive taxation systems in the world. The top 1% pay like 50% of all income taxes, so the billionaire globalist elites are already funding these refugee programs with tens of billions of dollars of their own money.
    Is this theoretical, or are there actual treasury statistics for this? The 1% and their corporations frequently get blasted for finding every loophole and write-off possible. They’d rather pay a really good accountant than send in their taxes.

The individuals and groups that contributed to American occupation of Afghanistan. This war is their doing, so I'm fine with looting their bank accounts and other assets to fund fixing of the problem they created.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    Is this theoretical, or are there actual treasury statistics for this? The 1% and their corporations frequently get blasted for finding every loophole and write-off possible. They’d rather pay a really good accountant than send in their taxes.
    This is from 2018:

That chart ignores the elephant in the room, by clumping in upper middle class with the actual elites, to create an impression that elites pay their fair share and totally do not exploit loopholes in tax code and offshores.

That chart ignores the elephant in the room, by clumping in upper middle class with the actual elites, to create an impression that elites pay their fair share and totally do not exploit loopholes in tax code and offshores.
    Not particularly relevant to the question that was asked. However, you should probably define 'upper middle class', eg:

"Upper-middle class $106,827 - $373,894"
    https://money.usnews.com/money/perso...c-class-system

and define 'elite', and then show what how much they pay in taxes, compared to other income groups, much as the above chart does.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Upper middle class is the 25% to 10%. Upper class is the top 10% and the elites are the 1%.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

The individuals and groups that contributed to American occupation of Afghanistan. This war is their doing, so I'm fine with looting their bank accounts and other assets to fund fixing of the problem they created.
    I still have no idea who these individuals are supposed to be, but whoever they are, I'm pretty sure the government already steals billions of dollars of their money every year, via taxes. I don't know how you can in one breath say refugees shouldn't be helped with taxpayer money, and in the next breath call on the government to help refugees using money confiscated from people... which is what taxpayer money is.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    This is from 2018:
    Thanks. I was off by 10% but 40% is still a big chunk. If my calculations are correct, that adds up to about 700 billion dollars, more than enough to cover the 2 billion dollars the government spends on refugee resettlement.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Praeses

...I'm pretty sure the government already steals billions of dollars of their money every year, via taxes....
    So government is literally a criminal organisation?

Honestly I just logged in because I feel the US political discourse is so rabid and reasonable conservatives don't get a fair go.

Honestly is the government supposed to generate income through the stock market? User pays? "The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour, hmm the servicemen there better dig deep to pay for fuel and munitions to respond...after they pay for their own medical costs..."
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

I still have no idea who these individuals are supposed to be, but whoever they are, I'm pretty sure the government already steals billions of dollars of their money every year, via taxes. I don't know how you can in one breath say refugees shouldn't be helped with taxpayer money, and in the next breath call on the government to help refugees using money confiscated from people... which is what taxpayer money is.

Thanks. I was off by 10% but 40% is still a big chunk. If my calculations are correct, that adds up to about 700 billion dollars, more than enough to cover the 2 billion dollars the government spends on refugee resettlement.
    Because it lumps in mom& pop semi-successful restaurant owner that makes 550k/year and someone like Bill gates and other billionaires. There is a pretty huge disparity here, and while people that fall with the former probably pay their taxes, its pretty clear that actual elites do not, while enjoying the biggest chunk of the wealth - they have tax code loopholes, offshore tax havens, etc, all while enjoying government subsidies, also at taxpayers expense. US is kinda more similar to some feudal oligarchy where poor basically pay with their taxes for the rich and that's pretty much it.
    Hence why it makes sense that taxpayers are basically not represented - their interests are ignored and politicians from both parties pretty much just sign checks that taxpayers have no choice but to cash, regardless of what taxpayers want.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    So government is literally a criminal organisation?

Honestly I just logged in because I feel the US political discourse is so rabid and reasonable conservatives don't get a fair go.

Honestly is the government supposed to generate income through the stock market? User pays? "The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour, hmm the servicemen there better dig deep to pay for fuel and munitions to respond...after they pay for their own medical costs..."
    Do Americans really need that much government? There is above and beyond money-wise over what is required to maintain interstate highways and all things infrastructure. The problem is only a tiny fraction of fed money goes into it. American taxpayers don't benefit from "exportations of democracy", nor do they have anything to gain from any other foreign military adventures, so if someone wants such adventures, they should pay for those from their own pocket.
    It is long overdue and trim the fat by getting rid of useless parts, like too much military expenses, too many alphabet agencies, to many corporate subsidies and too much foreign aid. If it isn't spent directly on infrastructure that taxpayers use, then it probably shouldn't be a thing in the first place.

American taxpayers don't benefit from "exportations of democracy", nor do they have anything to gain from any other foreign military adventures, so if someone wants such adventures, they should pay for those from their own pocket.
    Don't they? Honestly, they seem to disagree with you as either party's voters are enthusiastic about the military machine USA has.
    It may be smoke and mirrors and cheap points, but the majority of taxpayers are happy to have the most powerful army in the world and the prestige that comes from being able to police and influence much of the world.

It is long overdue and trim the fat by getting rid of useless parts, like too much military expenses, too many alphabet agencies, to many corporate subsidies and too much foreign aid. If it isn't spent directly on infrastructure that taxpayers use, then it probably shouldn't be a thing in the first place.
    I don't completely disagree with that, but the majority of voters do disagree.

And there's a logical reason for having the biggest army of the world: Prevention.
    If it's not USA playing world police, someone else would sooner or later be world-policing USA. And that's not something an American would want.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Don't they? Honestly, they seem to disagree with you as either party's voters are enthusiastic about the military machine USA has.
    It may be smoke and mirrors and cheap points, but the majority of taxpayers are happy to have the most powerful army in the world and the prestige that comes from being able to police and influence much of the world.
    Or they vote in regards to something else, while having military-industrial complex as parasite is default for the only two choices voters have. Its not that they support it, its that taxpayers simply don't have a say.

I don't completely disagree with that, but the majority of voters do disagree.

And there's a logical reason for having the biggest army of the world: Prevention.
    If it's not USA playing world police, someone else would sooner or later be world-policing USA. And that's not something an American would want.
    Like I said, majority of voters don't have a say. Vote blue or red, you will still get a puppet that unconditionally supports foreign wars. Trump did move away the furthest form it, but even he was surrounded by chickenhawks that wouldn't shut the up about Iran and Israel.
    Americans simply don't get to chose who rules them, only servants of their rulers who will pretend to represent them for a limited period of time with no bad consequences for failing their constituents.

They pay 40% of all income taxes and own 30% of the entire wealth, x15 times what the entire lowest half does and more than x4 what the entire middle class (lowest 25% to highest 25%) has.
    What I mean is that the USA doesn't have one of the most progressive taxation systems in the world, it has the richest 1% in the world. People so insanely rich that even taking every possible loophole, they end up paying 40% of all income taxes.

Now, considering that the lowest bottom half pays very little tax, a more fair system would be for the top 1% to pay x4 what the 25% to 75% pays in taxes. And they don't.
    Last edited by alhoon; August 28, 2021 at 09:20 PM.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    The purpose of this thread is...and you want to rant.
    Texas- PLACES WEAPONS PROHIBITED
    within 1,000 feet of premises the location of which is designated by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice as a place of execution.
    The progress of civilization never ceases to amaze me. Not too long ago,

Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

“Just watched as a massive crane took down the magnificent and very famous statue of ‘Robert E. Lee On His Horse’ in Richmond, Virginia. It has long been recognized as a beautiful piece of bronze sculpture,” Trump said in a statement.
    “To add insult to injury, those who support this ‘taking’ now plan to cut it into three pieces, and throw this work of art into storage prior to its complete desecration,” he added.
    Trump then claimed that had Lee been alive, he would have led a successful military operation in Afghanistan.
    “Our culture is being destroyed and our history and heritage, both good and bad, are being extinguished by the Radical Left, and we can’t let that happen!” Trump said in his statement. “If only we had Robert E. Lee to command our troops in Afghanistan, that disaster would have ended in a complete and total victory many years ago. What an embarrassment we are suffering because we don’t have the genius of a Robert E. Lee!”
    I guarantee Trump had never even heard of Lee until an aid told him to release this statement and throw a little red meat at his base.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Trump then claimed that had Lee been alive, he would have led a successful military operation in Afghanistan.
    I doubt that, Lee operation plans at Antietam and Gettysburg were absolutely unrealistic.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    I doubt that, Lee operation plans at Antietam and Gettysburg were absolutely unrealistic.

The aid failed to tell Trump that Lee lost the war.

It seems that distinction between woke cultists in America and groups like ISI and Taliban is becoming blurrier by every day. Barbaric destruction of historical artefacts and monuments for not fitting the framework of their ideology is certainly a red flag that proves that those people should be viewed as unstable and violent threats to society.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

It seems that distinction between woke cultists in America and groups like ISI and Taliban is becoming blurrier by every day. Barbaric destruction of historical artefacts and monuments for not fitting the framework of their ideology is certainly a red flag that proves that those people should be viewed as unstable and violent threats to society.

The statue still isn't destroyed, HH. Moving to another thread to complain about it doesn't make it so.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    I guarantee Trump had never even heard of Lee until an aid told him to release this statement and throw a little red meat at his base.
    Wait, did Trump, a former president of the United states of America wished that a confederacy general that fought a civil war against the United states was still in service?