Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I am soooooooooo glad that the medical researchers through blood and sweat managed to deliver us a vaccine in absolute record times, Sci-fi movie times... and most governments in Europe managed to bangle the delivery of said vaccine.
    I mean, how on earth is it harder to make a vaccine than do a successful and sensible vaccine rollout? How did USA and England did it and the rest of us are mired in the poop?
    Unlike the EU the UK and the US imposed export bans on vaccine and the UK very probably had a shady deal going with Astra-Zeneca to deliver more to them than the EU. The criticism of the european vaccination efforts is always a bit schizophrenic in so much as it praises the anglo-american success but cries havoc when the EU just stops one single shipment from being exported while not mentioning the export bans in the UK or US at all.

Add to that that american and british medical authorities were laxer in their admission of the vaccines while the EMA exercised due diligence. In the usual patterns of Brussels-bashing the EMA would certainly have been criticised for sloppiness had they acted like the british or american authorities.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...women-app.html
    Matty aka Trump Fanboy 2 is going to jail. Love that he sought a preemptive pardon too. The child sex cabal is real but instead of Hil and the DNC it’s these clowns playing grown up frat boy.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    Unlike the EU the UK and the US imposed export bans on vaccine and the UK very probably had a shady deal going with Astra-Zeneca to deliver more to them than the EU. The criticism of the european vaccination efforts is always a bit schizophrenic in so much as it praises the anglo-american success but cries havoc when the EU just stops one single shipment from being exported while not mentioning the export bans in the UK or US at all.

Add to that that american and british medical authorities were laxer in their admission of the vaccines while the EMA exercised due diligence. In the usual patterns of Brussels-bashing the EMA would certainly have been criticised for sloppiness had they acted like the british or american authorities.
    First time I heard those. To be fair, I am just exasperated as vaccination here is starting to stall. 10% or less of the population has received the vaccine and it means I would be quarantined for another summer. I wanted to enjoy this one, the previous year has been hard with the quarantine.

Moving on: Anyone else (not you enoch, we know), angered about the various conservatives in the West (not just USA) that deny there's systemic racism in USA? I mean, come on. It may not be as widespread as annoying progressives want people to think but it is undeniably there permeating the economy, law enforcement and the justice system and these things affect a LOT of things.
    I happened to watch segments from a well known, conservative USA media person trying to paint systemic racism as non-existent and it was very thin and flawed, to the point of being insulting to my intelligence.
    Last edited by alhoon; April 11, 2021 at 09:38 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Yeah the UK, in particular, but also the US have been extremely hypocritical. Last month the EU considered ceasing all vaccine exports to places where vaccination is going well, and the UK government started shouting about genocide and how "Brussels wants to eradicate us off the face of Europe".
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; April 12, 2021 at 12:11 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Predictably, the EU's crisis response was abysmal. Last I heard, Germany was going cap in hand to the Russians.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Predictably, the EU's crisis response was abysmal. Last I heard, Germany was going cap in hand to the Russians.
    Yeap
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

That's because the EU is led by the German version of Margaret Thatcher. You will be hard pressed to find a more corrupt and incompetent politician in Europe than Ursula and her cronies.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Amen to that. Where the hell did they found that woman in the first place?
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Quote Originally Posted by Gromovnik View Post
    Amen to that. Where the hell did they found that woman in the first place?
    It's exactly because that women is how she is that is the reason why she was chosen in the first place for the position.

The more I witness as the years pass the more I concede that F.A. Hayek was right, "The worst rise to the top".

It's because of the system of behavioral incentives in place.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by numerosdecimus View Post
    It's exactly because that women is how she is that is the reason why she was chosen in the first place for the position.

The more I witness as the years pass the more I concede that F.A. Hayek was right, "The worst rise to the top".

It's because of the system of behavioral incentives in place.
    Obama disproves that statement.

AMERICAN RIGHTWINGERS HAVE NO CLUE HOW THE POLITICAL SYSTEMS OF OTHER COUNTRIES WORK!
    "牛鬼蛇神的文字" by Fu Sinian on Chinese characters.
    ("A Cow Demon and Snake God's Writing System")

"汉字不灭,中国必亡" Lu Xun also on Chinese characters.
    ("If Chinese Characters don't die, China will perish")

Indefinitely Banned

The Chinese don’t even know how their oligarchy is run. Didn’t Xi break term limits recently?

Indefinitely Banned

Trumps Hannity interview tonight was predictable minus he was composed. The pressure of being President was clearly too much for him. Says MAGA is the only way to win 2022 and if he runs in 2024 it will be on build a wall keep the dreaded extralegals out. And his idiot supporters will buy it again. Because that is what they do.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Trumps Hannity interview tonight was predictable minus he was composed. The pressure of being President was clearly too much for him. Says MAGA is the only way to win 2022 and if he runs in 2024 it will be on build a wall keep the dreaded extralegals out. And his idiot supporters will buy it again. Because that is what they do.
    I am not surprised at all that he was composed. Also, it shows how much he liked the job by his reluctance to run again.

That said:
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/report-ch...090027767.html

For starters, I don't believe the figures there. There's no way people that believe this crap are as many as the study suggests. That said, it seems clear that QAnon still goes strong. I wonder what "hidden messages" those guys will find in Trump's interview to Hannity.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/report-ch...090027767.html

For starters, I don't believe the figures there. There's no way people that believe this crap are as many as the study suggests. That said, it seems clear that QAnon still goes strong. I wonder what "hidden messages" those guys will find in Trump's interview to Hannity.
    Unfortunately the numbers are likely accurate. Because critical thinking and education are reviled on the right, most of their voters live in very tiny information bubbles like a medieval serf. And just as the medieval serf's limited worldview could only assign a supernatural cause to an event whose true cause he didn't understand ("The sun rose today because God willed it to be so.") or which he didn't like ("My wagon wheel broke because a witch hexed me.") or which he had no control over ("The plague came because God is angry with us for sinning."); so it is that the modern Republican serf can only assume a vast conspiracy is behind an event whose true cause he doesn't understand ("I am poor because the liberal elite hate me for being white.") or which he doesn't like ("Trump lost the election because of millions of illegal votes.") or which he has no control over ("Covid was created by Obama to make Trump look bad so he wouldn't be able to arrest the elite pedophile rings.").

You know, medieval nobles also believed in all that stuff.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Indefinitely Banned

Last night Tugger Carlson gave a little rant about how one should firmly ask people to not wear masks outside because it makes others uncomfortable. Fox is officially anti freedom and pro giving in to snowflakes now. Spread the word.

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Last night Tugger Carlson gave a little rant about how one should firmly ask people to not wear masks outside because it makes others uncomfortable. Fox is officially anti freedom and pro giving in to snowflakes now. Spread the word.
    I've thought about continuing to wear a mask after the pandemic just to make these people mad, since for some reason other people wearing masks angers them to such an absurd degree.

Indefinitely Banned

I am excited to wear a mask during flu season until the end of my days. The absurdity of Tucky Bear who screamed not wearing masks was a sacred right of Freeeedom now telling people to ask others not to wear masks is wtf. When I read about it I went to watch the video thinking he did it tongue in cheek but no. He was all talking to our demented grandparents serious. What a douche.

Moderator Emeritus

Seriously? Tucker is seriously feeling an oppressed fragile precious snowflake that feels threatened and uncomfortable when OTHER people wear masks?
    During a ####ing Pandemic?

Are you guys serious or trolling?

Does Tucker feels oppressed if other people use condoms too?