Page 55 of 75 FirstFirst ... 530454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1491

Thread: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

A. Apparently 'tyranny' is when you have to wear a piece of fabric over your face to try and keep others from getting sick.

B. But shelling and invading a neighboring country is a-ok.

C. You could probably get the right to oppose checking donor blood for HIV by calling it 'communism'.

D. The despicable Michigan wannabe-kidnappers are not "extreme" when their allies are Senators Rand Paul, Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz, and more than two dozen conservatives in the US House of Representatives.

E. These anarchists are mainstream conservatives.

(With thanks to Condottiere 40K)

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/lo...nate-students/

Math is CRT.

I'm guessing the books contained things like illustrations where a Black person was being treated as an equal by a White person, or White and Black children playing together.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    https://www.clickorlando.com/news/lo...nate-students/

Math is CRT.

I'm guessing the books contained things like illustrations where a Black person was being treated as an equal by a White person, or White and Black children playing together.
    From what I have seen from the progressives, those textbooks may well have been about indoctrinating kids that transexuality is cool, or that ALL white people are evil racists.
    From what I have seen from the conservatives, those textbooks may well have been about that slavery was not nice or that not every brown person is a criminal out to steal your parents' job.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    From what I have seen from the progressives, those textbooks may well have been about indoctrinating kids that transexuality is cool, or that ALL white people are evil racists.
    From what I have seen from the conservatives, those textbooks may well have been about that slavery was not nice or that not every brown person is a criminal out to steal your parents' job.
    Or the conservatives want to sabotage learning and education to create a generation of blindly obedient drones. It's the same reason that once the Nazi's took power, education was changed to be propaganda first with actual learning a very distant second. Who needs to learn long division when we have the pressing issue of the Jewish wold domination conspiracy liberal indoctrination?

Sadly, it looks like in the future high school graduates from Florida and other backwards Trump states will have to be treated as not having a real degree if they try to attend university in a modern blue state.

Moderator Emeritus

It's the same reason that once the Nazi's took power, education was changed to be propaganda first with actual learning a very distant second.
    The point I was making was the Democrats are as bad when it comes to filling books with propaganda. They were resisting a law that would stop people from teaching sex education to kinder-gardeners.

And the universities in the modern blue states are more about disadvantaging minorities by giving them degrees based on race quotas than educating them. Those "the teacher failed me because I was black, not because my project sucked butt" moves are actually detrimental to minorities. Frankly the grades on your diploma don't mean much any more. The prospective employer would have to do a series of long interviews and digging because those diplomas are handed out to fix wrongs that would have been avoided if the Progressives were not foaming at the mouth.

Let me give you an example:
    A colleague of mine went to USA for his post-doc. As Teaching Assistant, he was accused that in the class he was teaching, he failed all black students and all female students. The pink-haired weirdos (all of them white in this case) were outraged and out for blood.
    The facts: The class was a computer class, which women rarely choose. He had 11 students in total, 10 Asian and White men, 1 black woman. The "all the female students" and "all black students" were actually one (1) student. That woman never showed up in class. Never even turned over her project, at all. Her exam paper was crap.
    My colleague said all those to the rector in his defense. Brought the class attendance lists, the exam paper, the missed deadlines in the system for the project.

The rector's answer: "What Bullcrap is that? I don't care about anything of that. You are causing this university a problem here!" pushing aside the lists without even checking.
    My Colleague then offered to give her a different project and a follow-up exam.

The rector's answer: "You don't seem to understand... we have a problem as a university here. What is this about more exams etc? Give her a B."
    So, my colleague gave her a B- and everyone else in the class a higher grade.
    An Indian student complained about it. He was called a racist.

I asked another friend of mine that is getting in his tenure track and works in Boston University if he would fail a black muslim lesbian. He told me "Are you insane? I wouldn't even dare give her a C. Back in New York (Stevens university) we had an Asian gay TA that had the job to grade the project papers of slacking students that nobody else would touch so the defense soon changed to "I could not go to the class and prepare because the mere presence of so many white men and a white lecturer was intimidating to me."

THAT is the state of education in the Blue States. Minorities are in many cases free to underperform without consequences as if they are the master race. And that brings resentment, especially from other minority students that have to work hard to be taken seriously - not because the people hiring them are racists, but because the people hiring them now that the grades of a black Muslim lesbian from a progressive Uni don't mean much.
    Last edited by alhoon; April 18, 2022 at 03:27 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBN View Post
    You should have kept on reading that link. I did.
    Clearly you want to believe in CRT, so you do that... I do not believe in CRT, as I think it is BS and I have already explained the reasons why. I have now read that additional text twice and still it did not change my mind somehow on CRT. I have obviously failed to convince you, and you have clearly failed to convince me as well. In short, we have probably reached roads end on this note.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBN View Post
    And this is a description of what happened to Patrick Loyola...
    Again, I already know what happened because I have seen the event first hand (on video recordings, multiple angles). Again, this probably could have happened to a white guy too - given the same actions, same confusion, same circumstances and same chain of events. That is my take...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Not sure about CRT, in some versions it seems to simply invert the idiocy of race categories. "Its not racism if its against white people" and "are Asians POC?" are pretty silly concepts too.

The US was definitely founded on states with deeply racist systems. Its likely built in racism remains despite legislative changes, in attitudes and traditions.
    To clarify (my views)… Racism is the act of ascribing unwarranted traits (positive or negative) onto a “race”/distinct group of people, regardless of circumstances. Racism and related discrimination is real all over the world and it is incredibly stupid (unreasonable in nature) regardless of the place, people or occasion for it. That racism does exist and certainly have existed in the USA (even as systemic “apartheid”-practices) is not contested here. ...But the CRT-defining notion of a (current) humongous secret conspiracy to oppress all but “whites” is.

The whole thing is just laughable and hysterical since that very same supposed supremacy-conspiracy-scheme has failed so miserably at ensuring that “white supremacy” in basically all and everything. Not even the freaking presidency has it managed to safeguard... I mean, how blatantly dysfunctional, failed and non-factual can some such “white supremacy”-scheme be and yet still proclaimed as valid and real all the same. Give me break…

Why must we pretend that this nonsense is valid? To what end?
    And who does it really serve, if we do?

- A

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post

To clarify (my views)… Racism is the act of ascribing unwarranted traits (positive or negative) onto a “race”/distinct group of people, regardless of circumstances. Racism and related discrimination is real all over the world and it is incredibly stupid (unreasonable in nature) regardless of the place, people or occasion for it. That racism does exist and certainly have existed in the USA (even as systemic “apartheid”-practices) is not contested here. ...But the CRT-defining notion of a (current) humongous secret conspiracy to oppress all but “whites” is.
    Seems about right.

I think this is an example of action and reaction. There's a huge amount of guff going back centuries about he inferiority of an imagine "black race" and that guff generates in any reasonable mind a revulsion. For some they attack the idiocy of the notion of race (people with "one drop" of "black blood"
    were considered black in some theoretical racism, its so brain dead), but others engage with that intellectual architecture and try to flip it. Some how the "bad black blood" becomes "good", its easy to understand the thinking. "(X) is bad, so (-X) must be good!"

A quick Google suggests CRT is a mess of different ideas. The concept of intersectionality is interesting, and the idea that colour-blind laws can help maintain racist power relations is valid as I have seen it in operation in Australia.

The most dangerous idea I've seen mentioned is that "racism is normal, rather than exceptional". There's lot of casual racism built into our culture in Australia and I think in the US too. Seeing that is pretty uncomfortable. If racism is more normal than exceptional is it OK? Is it OK when it one group and not another? That one needs more work.

Certainly if you were gay and black and got twice the slurs the notion of intersectionality might make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    Why must we pretend that this nonsense is valid? To what end?
    And who does it really serve, if we do?
    You don't have to pretend anything, but if you want to oppose [current thing] you're going to cop flak unless your house is in order. The US is not in order. While the KKK and the American Nazis still march why wouldn't someone appeal to a simplistic opposition to that hatred?

As for who it serves, well people gonna people. If there's an intellectual short cut to a bit more power people are going to take it. If you cut that thread then they'll find another one. Why wouldn't they? People are getting to the top in the US by ranting about Jewish Space Lasers, CRT seems harmless by comparison.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

@Axalon

But the CRT-defining notion of a (current) humongous secret conspiracy to oppress all but “whites” is.
    Would you mind copy pasting or even showing me a link by CRT folks about this secret conspiracy?

Can racist redistricting in the US be considered a conspiracy or is it simply a strange coincidence that seems to happen every time republicans have a shot at them?

Obama was elected for a number of reasons, and after 8 disastrous Dubya years. A lot of folks are still foaming at the mouth about him ever being president. And I think it's quite obvoius he was more exception than rule.
    I would also point out that Obama, with all his mistakes, was on a different planet compared to Trump, Dubya, etc...

I'm going to go on a wild guess and say that we are both white, except in my Country the divide between North and South is such that many northerners will still use derogatory terms agaisnt southerners, even in their faces. And the only way to spot where you come from is from the accent, so you will literally notice the change of attitude of people the moment one speaks. I've even had trouble finding a place to live at times, just as my father and his relatives 40-30 years before me.

But I can change my accent, or I can simply speak a foreign language and bypass the issue. A black person cannot.
    Last edited by Bande Nere; April 21, 2022 at 03:09 AM.

-double post-
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; April 21, 2022 at 03:15 AM.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...books-00025918

Asked on Monday what a critical race theory math lesson could look like, DeSantis said “there’s a number of reasons” the state turned down the textbook proposals aside from that issue. The majority of rejected textbooks were for kindergarten through fifth grade.
    I'm sticking to my theory. The picture accompanying a word problem included a White and Black child playing together instead of the White child treating the Black one as an inferior and slave.

Florida Department of Education officials have not yet provided examples from textbooks deemed “impermissible” under state standards but on Monday released the list of books that failed to make the cut, including works from major companies like Houghton Mifflin Harcourt and McGraw Hill. Although some books from these companies were approved by the state, others were flagged for the “inclusion of special topics.”
    "What do you mean the book says 2+2=TRUMP WON! is wrong?! That's CRT!"

Combined with wanting to drive out Disney, Florida is fast becoming the new Afghanistan.

In other news:

https://news.yahoo.com/mypillow-ceo-...031819857.html

• MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell says he would be open to speaking to the January 6 panel.
    • He has, however, one condition — that his testimony be televised.
    • "I would love to say what I want to say on national TV," Lindell told Insider. "I got nothing to hide."
    It's ironic that Lindell can't understand that he comes across as a raving lunatic because he is a raving lunatic.

Moderator Emeritus

It's ironic that Lindell can't understand that he comes across as a raving lunatic because he is a raving lunatic.
    You are accusing your future foreign secretary or press secretary of being a raving lunatic. You know he gets a seat on the big table if Trump wins in 2024.

You are accusing your future foreign secretary or press secretary of being a raving lunatic. You know he gets a seat on the big table if Trump wins in 2024.
    Big table nothing. He'll be with Trump sitting at Putin's feet begging for scraps.

My guess for a Trump victory and Republican congress; further dismantling of democracy, restrictions on or outright repeal of voting and civil rights for minorities and women, kangaroo courts trying anyone the Republicans see as a threat, wealthy Republicans being officially above all laws, public executions of dissenters, a steady diet of lies through state run media, rampant kleptocracy, a legally enforced racial caste system and the criminalization of people from certain countries or with certain skin tones, criminalization of homosexuality and interracial relationships, a no-exceptions ban on abortion (with discrete agreements with Canadian clinics for the use of wealthy Republicans of course), loyalty oaths to Trump instead of the country, and vassalage to Putin.

Moderator Emeritus

We heard all that in 2015 and it didn't happen.

Moderator Emeritus

I don't agree with that article, but I believe many of you will find it funny.

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/...TEr5M6M4hHbDic

We heard all that in 2015 and it didn't happen.
    They have taken significant steps towards doing it. For instance, gerrymandering and voter suppression has all but guaranteed them permanent political control while being a minority party, and they now offer bounties on women seeking abortions.

So a Michigan congressional candidate, state Sen. Tom Barrett, has sent out the following campaign donation link:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1650756916487.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	366966
    You have probably heard of stories of teens who are outted as gay to conservative parents getting thrown out of the house or murdered. Well you can probably imagine what will happen to teens when their conservative parent so much as suspect they are trans.

Moderator Emeritus

Context is required here. A state senator asked for donations... by outing a teen? That doesn't make sense.

It seems much more possible that it is an example of what could happen if Progressives keep the House; i.e. that teens would be able to have sex change operations without the consent or knowledge of their parents. Now, if that senator actually outed a kid, then he's a piece of poop.

No, he's sending them out to all of his supporters. "Biden will make your kids trans if I you don't give me money!"

And if any of his supporters take it at face value and grab a gun before their kid can even say "But I'm not trans!", he doesn't care.

Moderator Emeritus

No, he's sending them out to all of his supporters. "Biden will make your kids trans if I you don't give me money!"

And if any of his supporters take it at face value and grab a gun before their kid can even say "But I'm not trans!", he doesn't care.
    Oh come on, you are exaggerating by several orders of magnitude. For starters half of those that would take an underhanded donation call seriously and think their kid is a transexual because of this... don't know how to read.
    But no, in all seriousness, it takes MUCH more to convince a parent, especially a conservative, that their kid is gay or transexual, even if he or she is. The parent will willfully not see the signs.
    Same as a parent that doesn't admit to himself that his kid is doing drugs or is a crook.
    And if you do try to tell a hardcore homophobe that his son may be gay, he will be angry with you for lying about his kid and slandering him.

So... no, there is practically zero chance for some conservative to see a text, read it, take it as a serious text addressing him personally, believe it and then go and gun down his own kid. Over a text message from a platform.

Please, be more reasonable in your accusations. It is VERY far fetched to claim that.

Legit criticism:
    - What the hell is that alarmist message targeting parents? If anything, it would probably annoy some conservatives by suggesting they fathered transexuals = failed as parents.
    - While I don't think (see above) that any conservative would gun down his own kid over this, I am concerned that it would push a handful of people (conspiracy theorists and extreme transophobes) further. And eventually, someone will crack, grab his gun and go to shoot democratic legislators. This message won't be the straw that break the camel's back but it does give voice to these fears.

The guy is a butthole.

Now, especially the 2nd point, that this message adds to other messages and all together could eventually lead to more mass shootings or more Transphobes attacking democratic legislators is a realistic argument and criticism.

********************************************************************************************************

A different thing

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fuels-rig...143050102.html

I don't want to complain about the Disney issue as I found something much more damning in the article.

"On Friday, Rufo appeared with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis at the signing of a bill known as the Stop WOKE Act, which bars teaching in workplaces and schools that anyone is inherently biased or privileged because of race or sex. "

Sorry, let me get it right: Pushing for pro-woke agenda is illegal and wrong and huge employers should lose their privileges over it. Pushing for anti-woke agenda is all peachy.

But conservative snowflakes are not that surprising. They are the party that embraces that it is OK to stop the other side from voting after all. Not that I will shy ranting about them on their snowflakery but it is a different thing here that does surprise me.

"bars teaching [...] that anyone is inherently biased or privileged because of race or sex. "

That is as stupid as claiming there are more than 2 genders.
    How can people claim that?!? I am not a SJW that accuses white heterosexual males for all the plights that happen in the West. But COME ON. Do those that wrote that bill think that in Florida 2022 a black woman is treated the same as a white man? Seriously? COME ON!!!!
    Obviously stupid statements like these actually HURT white heterosexual males!

And this is not just making a stupid statement. People make stupid statements all the time.
    But forcing people to teach the stupid statement? That is ... jaw-dropping.

"alhoon, where were you when conservatives forced biology classes to teach Creationism only? Or support telling hormonal teens 16-years old that they should just abstain from sex?"
    Look, I admit that this is not the only insanely stupid statement that conservatives try to enforce the teaching of.

However, it is the one that can be disproven if one takes a walk in the mall or something. People can say "no, hormonal teenagers will totally not have sex if we tell them not to and they will #### like rabbits if we tell them what a condom is." (<=== great cure for marriages in a rut people; all you have to do to turn your spouse's interest in sex again to 11, is tell him or her what a condom is.) or "You were not there, the world was created exactly like the Genesis says" or even "You are brainwashed by the air companies. The world is flat."
    Since you cannot grab the flat-earther and raise to 100 miles above the surface, you cannot just disprove that statement (or the others).

HOWEVER you can walk with that person in the mall, point to how many managers are white and male compared to black and women. Point to which skin color is better off financially.
    And of course, you can call your lawyer after doing that. Because the Mall is a workplace, so teaching people that OMG, racial bias exists is now illegal.
    Also, better do that illegal activity if you are white or you may be shot.

And of course, the balanced "other side of the coin" argument that proves how stupid and shortsighted that law is:
    There is a clear and easy to prove bias in Universities towards minorities. Your academic career would be much easier if you are a gay black woman Muslim than if you are a white straight Christian man. But now, we can't talk about that injustice in Florida Universities. We will all have to smile and pretend that research funds in academia are not biased and easier to get if you are in a marginalized group.

Reminder: A small research project we proposed a few years ago was rejected with the main comment being "Lack of gender diversity" in a team of two (2) people.
    A similar project proposed by three women, didn't hit that hurdle. Because they are women so gender balance isn't an issue there.
    That didn't happen in Florida BTW.
    Last edited by alhoon; April 24, 2022 at 02:28 PM.

There are actual cases of conservative parents murdering their gay or trans kids, or kids they suspected of being gay or trans. It's the Republican version of honor killing.

In other news about violent conservatives:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-use-rcna25756

The comments left by Hanson were made in October, authorities said.
    On Oct. 2, he used the username "@anonYmous" to comment on Merriam-Webster's dictionary entry for the term "female," authorities said.
    “It is absolutely sickening that Merriam-Webster now tells blatant lies and promotes anti-science propaganda. There is no such thing as ‘gender identity.’ The imbecile who wrote this entry should be hunted down and shot," he allegedly wrote.

It is alleged that in a message sent to Merriam-Webster via the "contact us" function, Hanson wrote the company had altered "the definition of ‘female’ as part of the Left’s efforts to corrupt and degrade the English language and deny reality."

"Your headquarters should be shot up and bombed. ... You evil Marxists should all be killed. It would be poetic justice to have someone storm your offices and shoot up the place, leaving none of you commies alive," he allegedly wrote.
    The American Right: Saviors of the Western World. Defenders of the White Race (™). Keepers of traditional values. Ready to kill you for using a word in a way they don't like.