Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1136515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1444

Thread: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

  1. #1201

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    "Baby" typically refers to an infant/young human or the youngest member of a family. In common parlance it is often applied to in utero humans, e.g. "she lost the baby" (when referring to a miscarriage) or "the baby is doing well" (when describing an ultra-sound). Abortionists deny its applicability to in utero babies for the purposes of dehumanization.

    As to the Ohio case, I have already mentioned that, in my view, abortion should be available in instances of serious abuse. So far as I understand it, the victim is traveling to an adjacent state for the procedure.
    Last edited by Cope; July 04, 2022 at 07:36 AM.



  2. #1202

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Dehumanization is the key phrase. Whatever we want to murder without any repercussions must be unhuman. Jews, Tutsis, huguenots, infants, they just ARE NOT people.

  3. #1203

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Thank you for your admission that 80%-90% of pregnancies will be viable.
    That percentage is largely high because mothers take extra caution to keep the fetus viable. Without the necessary actions that are purely reliant on the mother a fetus' viability would dwindle immensely.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    so then why did you do it? Source for your assertion a baby isn't a baby?
    Haha? Hahahahahah
    Source?
    So we could execute a four year old because...whatever?
    I know you are OK with murdering babies.
    Ah so you admit we aren't actually using other languages. Interesting.
    So it isn't about autonomy of the woman at all, and parents can control the decisions of their minor children regarding abortion up to the age of 18. Got it. So all abortions should require parental consent if the woman is under the age of 18. You also ignored every single argument I made in my last post. I will just assume you concede I am right, which is the smartest move.
    It's really not possible to expect a response when you fail to provide any coherent statement as you just did. We all know better. You know better. Care to highlight your argument in a coherent sentence?
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  4. #1204

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    That percentage is largely high because mothers take extra caution to keep the fetus viable. Without the necessary actions that are purely reliant on the mother a fetus' viability would dwindle immensely.
    So you admit the overwhelming majority of mothers want to have their babies. Excellent!

    It's really not possible to expect a response when you fail to provide any coherent statement as you just did. We all know better. You know better. Care to highlight your argument in a coherent sentence?
    I accept your admission of defeat. You have no information or stats or data to support your position. Your very silly position relies on a series of the most awful assumptions about child bearing that you do not even have the gumption to advance because you realize how silly your extreme examples are. Gainsaying is not an argument.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; July 02, 2022 at 02:31 PM.

  5. #1205

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    So you admit the overwhelming majority of mothers want to have their babies. Excellent!
    For me to admit it I'd have to first deny it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    I accept your admission of defeat. You have no information or stats or data to support your position. Your very silly position relies on a series of the most awful assumptions about child bearing that you do not even have the gumption to advance because you realize how silly your extreme examples are. Gainsaying is not an argument.
    I'm not sure which examples you are referring to as extreme as I provided no examples. I merely pointed at medical classifications that require no sources to substantiate. You are free to contradict them and assert your own of course. Though, I guess you will not highlight your argument in a coherent sentence that you accused me of ignoring? Oh well.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  6. #1206

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    So you admit it by default. And we are talking about a pregnant ten year old. Welcome to the chat.

  7. #1207
    Suspended by Request
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Deep within the dark german forest
    Posts
    7,643

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Thank you for your admission that 80%-90% of pregnancies will be viable.
    But the actual number is likely higher because many miscarriages occur very early in pregnancy — before you might even know about a pregnancy.

    Many are happening before the 6th week without being recognized by the women.

    So no fetus = baby.

    And now go on with parroting republican - evangelical propaganda.


  8. #1208

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Ugh, imagine being an evangelical...

    miscarriages =/= abortions. and I already addressed the fallacious definitional arguments.

  9. #1209

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    So you admit it by default. And we are talking about a pregnant ten year old. Welcome to the chat.
    And?
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  10. #1210
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    23,762

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Ah yes, killing babies. The empathetic thing to do.
    You think the sexually abused 10-years old girl will deliver that baby alive? There's a good chance neither she nor the baby will be alive. And it was 6 weeks and 3 days. That's what, a week later than heartbeat can be detected?! The mother is 10 years old!
    Hasn't she suffered enough? Forcing her to carry the baby till miscarriage, probably damaging her young developing body as well over a week after heartbeat could be detected is cruel.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.
    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  11. #1211

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Ugh, imagine being an evangelical...

    miscarriages =/= abortions. and I already addressed the fallacious definitional arguments.
    In every day English, yes. The usual medical distinction is between a spontaneous abortion and an induced abortion.



  12. #1212

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...dmqOaK-N9lvoOg


    ABOMINABLE!!!!

    Sickening, abominable! I have no words. NO WORDS! People should go to jail for this. Not just the sicko that impregnated the girl. But the doctors that denied the procedure because it was... what? 3 days too late?!?

    WHAT
    THE
    ####


    Screw your laws! There should be some freaking empathy there! DO THE ####ing procedure even if it means losing your license.
    Once she left the uterus the right at best lost all interest in her well-being, and at worst actively seeks to harm her.

    I'm sure many so-called pro-lifers are reading about this case, snickering, and saying to themselves "Mission accomplished."

  13. #1213

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    In every day English, yes. The usual medical distinction is between a spontaneous abortion and an induced abortion.
    Most miscarriages happen because the fetus hasn't formed, is not viable, or is already dead.

    Examples:

    • Blighted ovum. Blighted ovum occurs when no embryo forms.
    • Intrauterine fetal demise. In this situation, an embryo forms but stops developing and dies before any symptoms of pregnancy loss occur.
    • Molar pregnancy and partial molar pregnancy. With a molar pregnancy, both sets of chromosomes come from the father. A molar pregnancy is associated with abnormal growth of the placenta; there is usually no fetal development. A partial molar pregnancy occurs when the mother's chromosomes remain, but the father provides two sets of chromosomes. A partial molar pregnancy is usually associated with abnormalities of the placenta, and an abnormal fetus. Molar and partial molar pregnancies are not viable pregnancies. Molar and partial molar pregnancies can sometimes be associated with cancerous changes of the placenta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.


  14. #1214

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Most spontaneous abortions occur at the zygote phase. Nature's rate dwarfs that of induced abortions.

    Conception: How It Works
    Implantation
    Once the embryo reaches the blastocyst stage, approximately five to six days after fertilization, it hatches out of its zona pellucida and begins the process of implantation in the uterus.

    In nature, 50 percent of all fertilized eggs are lost before a woman's missed menses. In the in vitro fertilization (IVF) process as well, an embryo may begin to develop but not make it to the blastocyst stage — the first stage at which those cells destined to become the fetus separate from those that will become the placenta. The blastocyst may implant but not grow, or the blastocyst may grow but stop developing before the two week time at which a pregnancy can be detected. The receptivity of the uterus and the health of the embryo are important for the implantation process.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  15. #1215
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    23,762

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Whatever the numbers say, a 10-years-old has practically no chance to carry a pregnancy to term. The technical definitions and the numbers are all nice, but some empathy is required here.
    You are not saving a baby here. The baby would die anyway. You are simply damaging the body of a sexually abused 10-years old on top of piling extra stress on her for absolutely no gain.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.
    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  16. #1216
    irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,484

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Whatever the numbers say, a 10-years-old has practically no chance to carry a pregnancy to term. The technical definitions and the numbers are all nice, but some empathy is required here.
    You are not saving a baby here. The baby would die anyway. You are simply damaging the body of a sexually abused 10-years old on top of piling extra stress on her for absolutely no gain.
    It's never been about saving babies, it's always been about control. This case is a prime example of that.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

    A.B.A.P.

  17. #1217

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Whatever the numbers say, a 10-years-old has practically no chance to carry a pregnancy to term. The technical definitions and the numbers are all nice, but some empathy is required here.
    You are not saving a baby here. The baby would die anyway. You are simply damaging the body of a sexually abused 10-years old on top of piling extra stress on her for absolutely no gain.
    I'm not interested in your generalized opinion. I am interested in your specific evidence regarding the specific case you cited in order to carry water for a movement in which ~92% of all abortions are elective and for no reason at all. Give me the evidence that in your specific case the mother's life is at risk, and I will agree an abortion is medically necessary for her.

  18. #1218
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    23,762

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    I'm not interested in your generalized opinion. I am interested in your specific evidence regarding the specific case you cited in order to carry water for a movement in which ~92% of all abortions are elective and for no reason at all. Give me the evidence that in your specific case the mother's life is at risk, and I will agree an abortion is medically necessary for her.
    She is 10 years old! What more evidence do you need?

    https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-s...cent-pregnancy
    This article highlights the dangers for 15 years old girls

    "Early pregnancies among adolescents have major health consequences for adolescent mothers and their babies. Pregnancy and childbirth complications are the leading cause of death among girls aged 15–19 years globally"

    And that's for 15-19 years old.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.
    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  19. #1219

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    1. I don't care about your global studies, because the US is medically distinct from Ghana.

    2. You have not given me a single fact indicating that this girl is at risk from a medical standpoint.

    3. You have not inquired as to this girl's desires for her own pregnancy.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; July 07, 2022 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Disruptive.

  20. #1220
    Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    16,886

    Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    1. I don't care about your global studies, because the US is medically distinct from Ghana.

    2. You have not given me a single fact indicating that this girl is at risk from a medical standpoint.

    3. You have not inquired as to this girl's desires for her own pregnancy.
    Are you really advocating this 10 year old carry her pregnancy to term as long as their are no medical issues and she desires the pregnancy? Odd hill to die on. Considering the girl was sexually assaulted I doubt she wanted the pregnancy nor could she even legally consent to it in the first place. Medical issues are irrelevant as 10 year olds shouldn't be getting pregnant.

    But hell if you want to force a 10 year old rape victim to carry the pregnancy to term go for it.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; July 07, 2022 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Continuity.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •