Page 57 of 75 FirstFirst ... 732474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1491

Thread: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Praeses

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

We have had a problem with pyros joining volunteer firefighter units. Australia has a well organised and supported Country Fire Association, and they catch a lot of the freaks who join for status and the opportunity to set and then fight fires, but it still happens.

The fake news spread by nitwits in the US about Australia's epic recent fire seasons eg 2019 being the result of arson was based on a few examples of this phenomenon. Most of it was due to normal burning patterns being exacerbated by climate change and human interference.

[edit] another example of this ****ful practice has come to light: not sure if this belongs in the Liberal or Conservative complaints because it is about removing legislation, but these dishnoest scumbag misrepresentations tend to come from the US right which is usually more conservative.

Its utter bollocks. The act is about rationalising controls across a number of industries and primary production sectors and actually supports backyard and inner city agriculture. My FiL is a farmer and has a neutral position, which for him (a dyed in the wool right winger) amounts to cheerleading for the labour Sate Government.

Facebook/Twitter ****wits funded from the US love to stir up our country, stay the **** out of our politics. Same as with the gun lies and the bushfire lies.
    Last edited by Cyclops; May 09, 2022 at 07:23 PM.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

When a mentally handicapped 18-years-old drives for hours to kill perfect strangers that have never done anything to harm him, just because of the color of their skin, I believe the USA should take a better look of who radicalized him. The blood of those people (and the life of the mass murderer; he is alive but his life is practically ended, he won't get back to society ever) are in the hands of those that filled his mind with such ideas.

And while I hate SJWs with a hot passion, I cannot fail but notice this. Again, I am not SJW.
    "Gendron surrendered to police who confronted him in the supermarket's vestibule and convinced him to drop the rifle he had put to his neck. "
    So... somehow the police thought that a mass murderer with a loaded rifle was not that dangerous to necessitate immediate shooting. I don't disagree with that view. The mass murderer, horrific person as he is, is a 18-years old.
    But... how many armed black persons, younger than him, have been given the same treatment by police?

And now, something about guns: https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/r.../mass-shooting

17 mass shootings WITHIN THE PAST WEEK in USA. 21 Dead. 79 injured.
    Do you think any other Western country comes close to such numbers?
    Last edited by alhoon; May 15, 2022 at 04:54 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

The irony of him committing this massacre because hwites are becoming a minority in muh Country and having to drive 2 hours before he could finally find a place with more blacks than whites...

The number of deaths that Tucker Carlson is responsible for, for a number of reasons, keeps growing day by day. Find me a single death caused by AOC's words and actions.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Bande Nere View Post
    Find me a single death caused by AOC's words and actions.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/24/u...eme-court.html

Keep in mind, that while I disagree with AOC, I respect her views. I just disagree with many of them. I also agree with her environmental agenda, despite an idiot dying for it.

Also:
    https://www.csis.org/analysis/escala...-united-states
    Go down and see left-wing terrorism.

Furthermore, the comparison between AOC and Tucker Carlson is unfair. Of course Tucker holds more responsibility as he talks directly to many people a lot of which are stupid and violent not exactly right in the head. AOC doesn't engage (to my knowledge) in daily fearmongering and divisive rhetoric.
    There are leftwing firebrands and trolls that have blood in their hands because of hateful rhetoric. The two communists behind BLM for example or those that were shouting for defunding the police in Portland etc.

And just to be clear here:
    That there are both leftwing and rightwing terrorists in USA doesn't change the fact that as per the link above, the rightwing terrorists are an order of magnitude more dangerous than the leftwings.
    Sure, there are bad people on both sides, but the far rights have about x20 the numbers of kills or something. They are by no means equal.

EDIT: Add another mass shooting, another dead, 5 more injured. In the same week.
    Last edited by alhoon; May 15, 2022 at 06:52 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    rightwing terrorists are an order of magnitude more dangerous than the leftwings.
    Sure, there are bad people on both sides, but the far rights have about x20 the numbers of kills or something. They are by no means equal.
    I believe that this is because on the right violent behavior is normalized (the capital attack was called "legitimate political discourse" on the right) and in many ways admired as heroic. Mass shooters are held up as celebrities and sometimes martyrs. Anders Breivik and Benten Tarrant are seen as heroes and examples to be followed in certain circles not far from mainstream Republicans.

That, and while on the left the main grievances are societal, on the right the main grievances are tribal. The difference being that while technically anyone could be part of a society, a tribe is exclusive, and this exclusivity breeds elitism and infrahumanization. In other words for many on the right their entire identity is centered around being white or male or heterosexual and they view themselves as better than others purely because of that. Other people are inherently less human, so killing them isn't really like killing a person.

Sorry for the doublepost, but I just wanted to point out that, as expected, the right is praising the Buffalo shooter and passing around memes such as this in response:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1652383887810.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	201.5 KB 
ID:	367350

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

defunding the police in Portland etc
    A really bad slogan for a not bad ideal. The fact is the Police in the US are really quite defective. We could save a time and money and risky police stops with traffic cam enforcement. But did you know how dramatically the say the booking rate/case rate for rapes and murders in the US has dropped in the US over the past 30-40 years while our police have militarized up to look like an occupying army? we are now down to maybe 60% vs where we used to be and where most OECD nations are around 90% or over. You occasionally see stories about what happened to serial killing in the US. The reality is we just don't catch them anymore. Well run Crime labs and derivatives are expensive and not half so cool as more swat gear and some ex military vehicles nor do they produce revenue like escalating traffic stops.

But reorganize the police and alter how we enforce many petty crimes and restrict the power of Police unions and demilitarize them and... well you see that kind of thing starts sound like a boring policy statement not a slogan.
    Last edited by conon394; May 17, 2022 at 10:55 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ours-rcna29770

Three high school graduation ceremonies ended with shots fired in separate incidents in Louisiana, Michigan and Tennessee within the span of 24 hours, another sobering example of gun violence impacting everyday lives, including that of teenage students.
    After students crossed stages to receive their diplomas, chaos ensued with gunfire.

At least one person was killed and seven others injured in collective shootings that resulted in the arrest of a 17-year-old gunman in Tennessee.
    Oh course the deep state media won't ask the important questions the average right-winger wants to know. Questions like "Were the guns hurt?" and "How manly and tough and grown-up did the shooters look?"

Praeses

So we've had an election in Australia for a new Parliament and the incumbent Liberal National alliance seem to have lost power. I guess my rant is they stayed in too long.

We have a parliamentary system: candidates are generally bound to the party platform and cabinet solidarity (so less mercurial than our European friends are perhaps used to), but the system of voting allows more access for minor parties and independents (so while we look like we have a left/right alternation of executives, in fact the two party system is in no way hard wired, rather soft wired by wealthy companies and unions, and other donors).

The results seem to be this:

1. The pendulum swing of alternating parties in power, delayed for some time, has caught up with the Liberal ("low tax and personal choice") National ("used to be farmers, now we're frackers") alliance, and the soft left Labor ("big unions working with big companies") will form government (possibly with crossbenchers, Greens and low tax teals) not because they are suitable or capable, but because the others side ****ed it up so badly.

The present government is a very tired arse end of a very narrowly based version of the party, skewed to mining companies and...not much else. Mr Murdoch and a number of mining billionaires intervened in a number of elections to keep them alive quite beyond what would be expected of such a narrowly based group, and the lack of accountability has led to low trier group and a horrible stink: multiple allegations of rape, widespread abuse of women, and some extraordinary pork barrelling.

2. The Liberal party, the head of the conservative alliance, has lost its old heartland of wealthy suburbs to "teal" (green/blue, that is low tax but climate change aware and engaged) independent candidates.

This essentially the end of the old Liberal party as wealthy professionals meeting social and political obligations to provide leadership. The Liberal government has proved extremely flexible on a lot of issues but climate changed has been either denied or ignored, and this break from reality has cost them a great deal.

3. Crowd funded independents seem to have massively outperformed billionaire backed candidates and the main party candidates.

The teal seats (at least 5 maybe more) demonstrate this, stripping numbers from red and blue candidates almost equally (a very worrying prospect for Labor in the future). The Yellow party (United Australia, basically a billionaire who bought one rogue senator with a taste for QANON theories) spent considerably more than the two major parties combined (apparently across the country) but lost their one seat. Vaccine idiots are not a majority in any electorate here. The parliament is no longer a three party and one or two wild card affair, and cross bench cooperation will be important going forward it seems.

4. Local issues don't matter...except in WA.

The swing against the government was small, 2-3% across the country, but in WA there's been a massacre. The proximate cause seems incredibly specific, an effort by the Federal government to flirt with a less than draconian lockdown during covid. The PM gave visible if ineffective support to a court challenge to the WA border closure and the punishment has been severe. We like to portray ourselves as Crocodile Dundee but when the chip are down we look for daddy to run things. Other states where blue and red governments had their lockdowns but the feds did not tamper with it show only the smaller expected swing. Rule me, your majesty, rule me hard.

Its good we don't have the lunacy of QANON gasbags stinking up the parliament: the racist One Nation party (one senator trolled the parliament by using the phrase "the final solution" in his maiden speech, gone and not missed) remain tiny, but the long term narrowing of the rational right party is terrible for our democracy. Miners bought up the old Country Party (now the National Party) and they stand for fracking and climate change denial, when farmers need support to adjust and clean rivers. Now the Liberal party has been bought too (the "massacre of the moderates" happened three Prime Ministers ago, the current so called moderates have voted with the miners for a decade), no more is it the party of cleverdick lawyers and company directors doing their bit for the country: it was the party of principle, but that party is dead.

We are a massive generator of waste and carbon emissions and the companies that produce those bought a ten year pause on cleaning up their act. Given reducing emissions will be expensive I don't doubt the foreign investors that have been running our cabinets will be back in power soon enough.

This does not affect our US alliance. The consensus has been foreign affairs are bipartisan, and Labor will stay in step with Biden as we did with Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton, all the way back to FDR.

Were the Greens to take power (decades away in the current paradigm) the trace communist infiltrators might get some weird Israel/US hatred whipped up, but hopefully by the time they became mainstream enough to take hald the electorates as a majority government they'd combed out the foreign agents.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

I'm more amused than really ranting:

Sculpted, sweating, bare torsos doing push-ups, bulging muscles, two scantily-clad men locked in a fight—they, too, are ripped. A blond, equally fit man shoots at plastic bottles, a man’s hand grasps a cow’s udder. The music swells dramatically—so far it’s been menacing drum beats—we see a completely naked man standing on a hill in a redeemer pose, his sinewy arms stretched up towards the sky. In front of him, obscuring his private parts from view, is what looks like a gigantic Covid test.

This trailer for Fox News host Tucker Carlson’s new documentary The End of Men has drawn a lot of mockery online—especially when it became clear that the device covering the genitals isn’t a glowing Covid test, but that the naked man standing on a pile of stones is in fact bathing his testicles in UV light—a process, that according to macho fitness influencers, is supposed to increase the sperm count. This claim is not backed up by science.

https://religiondispatches.org/laugh...-fascist-dream

How stupid and easy to be deceived can the Far Right really be?
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Bande Nere View Post
    The number of deaths that Tucker Carlson is responsible for, for a number of reasons, keeps growing day by day.
    People are responsible for their own actions.

If they don't want to get brainwashed, just don't listen to him. They're humans not puppies.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    People are responsible for their own actions.

If they don't want to get brainwashed, just don't listen to him. They're humans not puppies.
    That is ... surprisingly accurate but doesn't remove all fault from those throughout the West that radicalize young people.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

The wiki leaks has just put all its files online, including Hillary Clinton's. Afghanistan, Syria, Azerbeijan, Georgia Bilderberg, Covid, right wing terrorism,and much, much more. Use google, have fun.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Trump throws himself on the floor, pounding his fists and screaming as he bawls like a baby. Rightoids: "Such a big strong man."

https://thehill.com/news/3506996-tru...going-to-hell/

“Our Legal System is CORRUPT, our Judges (and Justices!) are highly partisan, compromised or just plain scared, our Borders are OPEN, our Elections are Rigged, Inflation is RAMPANT, gas prices and food costs are “through the roof,” our Military “Leadership” is Woke, our Country is going to HELL, and Michael Sussmann is not guilty,” Trump wrote in a post on Truth Social, the small conservative social networking site he founded.

Trump and his allies have long claimed Sussmann and others within the federal law enforcement and intelligence communities were part of a politically motivated “deep state” attempt to undermine his first presidential campaign.
    Although the right holds Trump up as a macho alpha male brimming with confidence, in reality he has very little self-esteem, as seen by his obsessive need for everyone to love him. The fact that he lost the popular vote is simply more than his ego can bare. So he looks around wildly for a scapegoat, even inventing a "deep state" out of thin air and then believing in it totally and completely despite the fact he made it up.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Trump throws himself on the floor, pounding his fists and screaming as he bawls like a baby. Rightoids: "Such a big strong man."

https://thehill.com/news/3506996-tru...going-to-hell/

Although the right holds Trump up as a macho alpha male brimming with confidence, in reality he has very little self-esteem, as seen by his obsessive need for everyone to love him. The fact that he lost the popular vote is simply more than his ego can bare. So he looks around wildly for a scapegoat, even inventing a "deep state" out of thin air and then believing in it totally and completely despite the fact he made it up.
    It is really incomprehensible. The guy is going through an ego trip of insane proportions and he managed to convince a big portion of the electorate to close their eyes and ears and walk with him on the abyss and claim stolen elections... about the election that was the most accessible and transparent, when anyone could see the procedure through the cameras in the centers.

It is really incomprehensible. The guy is going through an ego trip of insane proportions and he managed to convince a big portion of the electorate to close their eyes and ears and walk with him on the abyss and claim stolen elections... about the election that was the most accessible and transparent, when anyone could see the procedure through the cameras in the centers.
    See, that's what makes you different from Trump and his worshipers. You are aware you don't know everything, that you can make mistakes, and that you can try as hard as you can at something and still lose. Trump and his supporters think everyone else is an idiot and always doing things wrong. Neither he or his supporters can accept he's anything less than perfect, so admitting he doesn't know something or that he's wrong or that he lost would be a massive wound to their egos.

On the point of his supporters, at this point I'm convinced that Trump could spontaneously combust on stage at one of his rallies and they'd still be convinced he's just days away from being reinstated.

Moderator Emeritus

https://www.yahoo.com/news/comedian-...225023747.html

such a nice person...
    I wonder if that "no comment" fellow holds the same no-comment and neutral views over white people being enslaved by the Barbary Pirates around the same time as his ancestors were enslaving black people.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

such a nice person...
    I wonder if that "no comment" fellow holds the same no-comment and neutral views over white people being enslaved by the Barbary Pirates around the same time as his ancestors were enslaving black people.
    "What about the Barbary Pirates" must be the most disgusting form of whataboutism of all.

such a nice person...
    He's likely unaware of them as it's not ever really talked about in the US. And if you told them about it he'd deny his racially superior ancestors would be slaves to people of inferior skin colors. That is, until he figures out he can use it to defend US slavery via whataboutism. Then he won't be able to go three sentences without mentioning how his ancestors where Barbary slaves so blacks being enslaved was (and would still be) okay.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    He's likely unaware of them as it's not ever really talked about in the US. And if you told them about it he'd deny his racially superior ancestors would be slaves to people of inferior skin colors. That is, until he figures out he can use it to defend US slavery via whataboutism. Then he won't be able to go three sentences without mentioning how his ancestors where Barbary slaves so blacks being enslaved was (and would still be) okay.
    How can anyone defend USA slavery via ... the Barbary pirates enslaving people? I don't get it.