Page 22 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031324772 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    You mean the same Romans who stabbed him over 40 times?
    He probably mean the other Romans, that benefited from his wars and didn't stab him 40 times, and instead chased away the faction that stabbed him.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Yes during the act of rebellion. If you win the war you don't remain traitors. You won. You have your own government now.

Nope. I only said those that participated in the rebellion itself were technically traitors.
    Does it mean you support tearing down all the statues dedicated to American Natives that fought US government?
    What about Polish uprising in 1944, were they traitors too since they technically lost?
    Which still wouldn't change he betrayed the Senate now would it?
    Well no, since he was in charge when they assassinated him. Senate that you are talking about lost before that.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ction-ended-in

Never again will a Republican concede defeat. Every loss will be declared fraud and they will use every legal trick they can to award themselves the win, to hell with what the public wants.

I'm surprised the California GOP hasn't tried cheating again with their unofficial ballot boxes.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    You'd still have the issue of it being a 21 foot tall statue and clearance issues on the road.
    A 21 foot statue lying on its side is not 21 feet tall.

Wounds that he helped create. Whoop de doo.
    More revisionist history. Lee was against the war. He only joined the Confederate side after his state Virginia joined. In his day Lee would have been considered a traitor if he had not joined the Confederacy. You forget that at the time most people considered allegiance to their state above allegiance to the federal government...thus the utter stupidity of those revisionist leftists.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    A 21 foot statue lying on its side is not 21 feet tall.
    It's then 21 feet wide. Not sure how you don't see the obvious problems that would make on the road.

More revisionist history. Lee was against the war. He only joined the Confederate side after his state Virginia joined. In his day Lee would have been considered a traitor if he had not joined the Confederacy. You forget that at the time most people considered allegiance to their state above allegiance to the federal government...thus the utter stupidity of those revisionist leftists.
    The fact is, he still waged war on his country, he helped create the wounds. None of that changes cause he was reluctant at first.
    Last edited by irontaino; September 14, 2021 at 07:53 PM. Reason: grammatical error
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked

A.B.A.P.

Praeses

You mean the same Romans who stabbed him over 40 times?
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Does it mean you support tearing down all the statues dedicated to American Natives that fought US government?
    Last time I checked the Native Americans were independent people's during that time. So how can they rebel and become traitors? They owned their own land a territory that was not part of the United States. Just how bad are you at American history?

What about Polish uprising in 1944, were they traitors too since they technically lost?
    More bad history. Last time I checked the Polish didn't rebel against their own government but launched an uprising against foreign occupying power.

Take a history class please.

Well no, since he was in charge when they assassinated him. Senate that you are talking about lost before that.
    Being in charged doesn't the Career didn't betray the Senate. Try again. And he wouldn't have been stabbed to death if he actually won.

Last time I checked the Native Americans were independent people's during that time. So how can they rebel and become traitors? They owned their own land a territory that was not part of the United States. Just how bad are you at American history?
    More bad history. Last time I checked the Polish didn't rebel against their own government but launched an uprising against foreign occupying power.
    Lol but you said that if you launch a revolt against acting government and lose then you are a traitor. US government considered Native lands theirs, and German Reich government considered itself to be legitimate rulers of Poland, so there was no practical difference between Germans occupying Poland or US government occupying Native and Confederate lands. Again, that's from your own logic.
    Take a history class please.

Being in charged doesn't the Career didn't betray the Senate. Try again. And he wouldn't have been stabbed to death if he actually won.
    The guys that killed him ended up losing, while Caesar's heir came to power and system he established was in place for centuries. You can be killed by your enemies and still win.
    I think just because you don't like a figure in history doesn't mean you get to assign labels on them at random.
    Things progressive do to rationalize actions of lunatic progressive politicians...

It's then 21 feet wide. Not sure how you don't see the obvious problems that would make on the road.
    You obviously don't know anything about loading a truck.

The fact is, he still waged war on his country, he helped create the wounds. None of that changes cause he was reluctant at first.
    The South fought a defensive war. The wounds were primarily caused by actions of Union armies in the South and carpetbaggers after the war.

Citizen

You obviously don't know anything about loading a truck.
    I'm sure you know everything about that. Maybe you'll even go into another tangent about the pyramids while posting numbers that you pretend to understand.

The South fought a defensive war. The wounds were primarily caused by actions of Union armies in the South and carpetbaggers after the war.
    The boy who cried revisionist history while simultaneously making things up himself.

A.B.A.P.

Civitate

Lol but you said that if you launch a revolt against acting government and lose then you are a traitor.
    That doesn't apply to foreign powers. You still have to commit betrayal. You can't betray foreign powers government when you aren't part of it to begin with.

US government considered Native lands theirs, and German Reich government considered itself to be legitimate rulers of Poland,
    That's completely irrelevant. The territory wasn't controlled by the United States nor did the US have a government set up in Native territories for the Native Americans.

Sorry you can't betray something you aren't apart of it.

so there was no practical difference between Germans occupying Poland or US government occupying Native and Confederate lands. Again, that's from your own logic.
    Nope. I'll remind you the Polish government was in exile and still technically at war with Germany. You can't betray an active enemy. That's impossible.

The problem here is your horrible grasp of history, not my logic.

The guys that killed him ended up losing, while Caesar's heir came to power and system he established was in place for centuries. You can be killed by your enemies and still win.
    No if you're dead you still lost. Your heir's victory is not yours.

I think just because you don't like a figure in history doesn't mean you get to assign labels on them at random.
    Things progressive do to rationalize actions of lunatic progressive politicians...
    I think you have pro-Confederate views and considering you defended the white supremacist James Fields I also think you don't like me calling those who you share similar values with as traitors.

You do realize that we are talking about US civil war, right? At that time Union was a foreign power as Confederate states were a different country. Unions' claim on Confederate States of America is as legitimate as Germany's claim on Poland. Calling Lee traitor is same as calling Polish rebels traitors. I don't, guess that makes me a Polish nationalist too...

I'm sure you know everything about that. Maybe you'll even go into another tangent about the pyramids while posting numbers that you pretend to understand.
    Instead of trying to explain how a 21 foot statue lying on its side is a problem for overpasses you offer up insults. Between you and me, the only one who has admitted making a mistake is me. Why is it so hard for leftists to admit they've made a mistake?

The boy who cried revisionist history while simultaneously making things up himself.
    Here again, I've made nothing up. Your understanding of history is viewed through the lens of modern society. Many in the North considered the secession of southern states legal. The war did not start until the South fired on Fort Sumter...thus making it a war between two nations. The state of Carolina considered the island that the fort was on property of the state. They ordered the Union soldiers to leave, but Lincoln ordered them to remain because he needed a flash point to start the war.

Of course if you studied history you would know all that. You're probably not even aware that the first gun that fired on Sumner was manned by the grandson of the largest slave owner in the state, who was black. I'm sure you aren't even aware that there were black owned plantations in the South.

Citizen

Instead of trying to explain how a 21 foot statue lying on its side is a problem for overpasses you offer up insults. Between you and me, the only one who has admitted making a mistake is me. Why is it so hard for leftists to admit they've made a mistake?
    It goes from 21 feet high to 21 feet across. That'll clear the overpasses, but makes new problems.

Here again, I've made nothing up. Your understanding of history is viewed through the lens of modern society. Many in the North considered the secession of southern states legal.
    Citation needed.

The war did not start until the South fired on Fort Sumter...thus making it a war between two nations. The state of Carolina considered the island that the fort was on property of the state. They ordered the Union soldiers to leave, but Lincoln ordered them to remain because he needed a flash point to start the war.
    More revisionist history. Nobody recognized the Confederacy as a legitimate state. As far as the Union was concerned, this was an insurrection.

Of course if you studied history you would know all that. You're probably not even aware that the first gun that fired on Sumner was manned by the grandson of the largest slave owner in the state, who was black. I'm sure you aren't even aware that there were black owned plantations in the South.
    Irrelevant statement is irrelevant.

A.B.A.P.

It goes from 21 feet high to 21 feet across. That'll clear the overpasses, but makes new problems.
    It's called a wide load; something fairly common. I see them all the time.

Citation needed.

More revisionist history. Nobody recognized the Confederacy as a legitimate state. As far as the Union was concerned, this was an insurrection.

Irrelevant statement is irrelevant.
    Wow! Your knowledge of history is miniscule. Those are common facts largely taught in high school; unless you happen to have been "educated" in one of the woke institutions that are spreading across the country. To explore the subject in depth would require a good deal of your time and a whole new thread dedicated to that single subject.

Here's something you can look into; why do you think the North waited until the South fired on Sumner before it took action?
    Last edited by B. W.; September 15, 2021 at 07:24 PM.

Citizen

It's called a wide load; something fairly common. I see them all the time.

Wow! Your knowledge of history is miniscule. Those are common facts largely taught in high school; unless you happen to have been "educated" in one of the woke institutions that are spreading across the country. To explore the subject in depth would require a good deal of your time and a whole new thread dedicated to that single subject.

Here's something you can look into; why do you think the North waited until the South fired on Sumner before it took action?

Soooooooooooo no citations then, huh?

A.B.A.P.

Soooooooooooo no citations then, huh?
    Well, if you insist, but I'm doing it with the caveat that some moderator may consider it off topic. With that said, however, it is typical of leftists who haven't the slightest clue about American history to make assumptions about historical realities. I just saw a poll whose results claimed that 61% of Americans could not name the three branches of government; that speaks to how poorly our public education system is doing it primary job. Even the Founders, such as Thomas Jefferson believed states had a right to succeed.

https://classroom.synonym.com/advoca...ion-16500.html

Treason implies abetting or aiding an enemy. Secession can't be considered treason by that definition. Unlike, say what general Milley did, who committed treason by promising to warn Communist Chinese general if US was going to attack China.

Civitate

You do realize that we are talking about US civil war, right? At that time Union was a foreign power as Confederate states were a different country.
    If the Confederates were their own country than other countries around the world would have recognized them as such. Yet no one did. The Union were certainly not foreigners for simply putting down a rebellion.

Unions' claim on Confederate States of America is as legitimate as Germany's claim on Poland.
    Nope. Makes no sense especially considering the Confederates states were previously part of the Union.

Calling Lee traitor is same as calling Polish rebels traitors. I don't, guess that makes me a Polish nationalist too...
    No it isn't. The Polish rebels did not betray their own people. Robert E Lee did.

You do realize Robert E. Lee could only be considered traitor if he sided with Union, since he was from a Confederate state? USA and CSA were two different countries at the time, since CSA declared its independence from USA.