Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 174257585960616263646566676869707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1491

Thread: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

The most interesting caviat on the new Watergate that Biden's government just did is that the judge who green-lit it was the same guy that helped Epstein's legal team by providing insider knowledge from the victim's side of the case.

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    Is there still any convincing evidence that Trump deliberately reached the help of Russia in the election, or that he had a direct part in inciting the storming of the Capitol on January 6th?
    Carter Page and Manafort were passing along election information and polling data to Russian operatives. As for Jan6, all of the deleted texts and his instructions to his lackeys not to cooperate with the investigation show clear consciousness of guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    American politics is so ing retarded man. On the one hand the republicans turning a standard FBI raid into the end of democracy on the planet, on the other the democrats believing trump stole documents - probably dressed as Nicholas Cage in National Treasure - to SELL to the highest bidder. A billionaire would risk his freedom and political career, which has been his sole ambition for at least 10 years, to sell stolen documents for a few million. Let that sink in.

How exactly do these people think he was going to sell those documents? Reprinted on the back of McDonalds burger wrappers?
    Trump isn't a billionaire. When a book alleged he wasn't he sued for billions, but once in court he couldn't prove he was. He admitted not using accountants or anything like that, just that he feels like one.

Needless to say, he lost.

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/nj-super...n/1450396.html

That and his constant grifting of the gullible rubes who still support him out of their meager pennies is ample proof he is not the billionaire businessman he claims top be. Just a pompous fraud living off of conning and overstretched loans from the Russian mob. So it is entirely within his character to sell state secrets to hostile foreign powers.
    Last edited by Coughdrop addict; August 09, 2022 at 03:51 PM.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

There is a major difference between being corrupt and selling state secrets. The first is the norm in both parties. The latter is a stupid thing you do for chicken feed because you are tired of not being in prison.
    Nobody ever accused Trump of being intelligent, other than his cultists.
    Last edited by irontaino; August 09, 2022 at 04:31 PM.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Coughdrop addict View Post
    Carter Page and Manafort were passing along election information and polling data to Russian operatives. As for Jan6, all of the deleted texts and his instructions to his lackeys not to cooperate with the investigation show clear consciousness of guilt.

Trump isn't a billionaire. When a book alleged he wasn't he sued for billions, but once in court he couldn't prove he was. He admitted not using accountants or anything like that, just that he feels like one.

Needless to say, he lost.

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/nj-super...n/1450396.html

That and his constant grifting of the gullible rubes who still support him out of their meager pennies is ample proof he is not the billionaire businessman he claims top be. Just a pompous fraud living off of conning and overstretched loans from the Russian mob. So it is entirely within his character to sell state secrets to hostile foreign powers.
    The Trump Organization is in legal straits as well with Trump attending court proceedings in New York during the Florida FBI raid, so he could be in a tighter financial situation than some people realize. Still, it seems reasonable that he has many millions of dollars in assets. Him selling state secrets in classified documents is not verified, but he perhaps took documents for some other reason to conceal something he didn't want the public to know. Or it could all just be a bunch of smoke and mirrors. The latter is less likely, though, because a federal judge looked at the evidence available from the DOJ and greenlit this entire raid. You don't do that unless you have something tangible already, especially in the most historically unprecedented FBI raid of all time on the residence of a former POTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    Looks like another lib left “we got em now” cope, episode 967. Trump being Trump and doing/saying stupid stuff that breaks protocol has provided ample grounds for all kinds of federal investigations that busted some people for fibbing in their interviews, without producing anything like what the Democrats were speculating. You’ll have to forgive people for yawning when the left cries wolf again, now almost 2 years after the guy left office. If I were a Dem strategist, I’d be concerned that we’re this close to the midterms and all they have to run on is stalking their ex gf. I suspect “but Trump” will be the leftist “but her emails” for the next 30 years lol.
    To be honest, as amusing as Trump is sometimes, I'd rather talk about anything else, but he keeps inserting himself into the narrative by wanting to run again in 2024. Ironically this raid might lead to prosecution that disqualifies him for any public office in the future. In that case some Trumpian figure like Ron DeSantis of Florida would simply fill his shoes and take up the MAGA mantle. I could care less either way, because I'm not a Republican. You guys go and do your thing. I'm far more concerned with primarying Biden from the left for being a senile goober (although to be fair he's done a few good things of late, and "Dark Brandon" Biden even annihilated the top leader of al-Qaeda al-Zawahiri).

American politics is so ing retarded man. On the one hand the republicans turning a standard FBI raid into the end of democracy on the planet, on the other the democrats believing trump stole documents - probably dressed as Nicholas Cage in National Treasure - to SELL to the highest bidder. A billionaire would risk his freedom and political career, which has been his sole ambition for at least 10 years, to sell stolen documents for a few million. Let that sink in.

How exactly do these people think he was going to sell those documents? Reprinted on the back of McDonalds burger wrappers?
    I wouldn't put it past Trump I suppose, but it is entirely speculation without evidence that these were his intentions. So yeah, it's not even worth talking about until and if something indicates this is the case. In all honesty, if he did steal classified documents, it is more likely he is covering up something embarrassing or personally damaging to his brand image as a politician. If he did steal documents then he's seriously dumb, because he could get fined and go to jail for it, but knowing our justice system he'll probably just get slapped with a fine. Rich people rarely go to jail (see the "Affluenza teen" for instance), and when they do it's usually cushy house arrest or "club fed," not exactly a "federal pound me in the *** prison" (to steal a line from Office Space).

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    I don't exactly hate Harris, I just think she's horribly lame and doesn't deserve to be VP, let alone a future POTUS, especially after her reputation in California for throwing the mothers of truant students into jail and jailing black kids for minor marijuana offenses. These are not small things. She's certainly not a real progressive, nor is she the person for the moment. She didn't even win a single state in the primaries and for that matter didn't even make it to the first round before dropping out. At least Bernie Sanders went toe to toe with Joe Biden in the early primaries and has an actual following; even Elizabeth Warren had something to show for in the primaries. The only following Kamala has is the awkward, toxic "KHive" clique on Twitter and maybe some suburban wine moms and soccer moms who don't really follow politics, serious legislative issues, or really anything beyond superficial girlboss "yass queen" stuff.

The following of KH gives her a favorability less than Trump's has ever been. Also, unless I remember wrong, her favorability with black people is low, lower than Biden's. Black people supported Biden over Harris, I seem to recall.

Looks like another lib left “we got em now” cope, episode 967. Trump being Trump and doing/saying stupid stuff that breaks protocol has provided ample grounds for all kinds of federal investigations that busted some people for fibbing in their interviews, without producing anything like what the Democrats were speculating. You’ll have to forgive people for yawning when the left cries wolf again, now almost 2 years after the guy left office. If I were a Dem strategist, I’d be concerned that we’re this close to the midterms and all they have to run on is stalking their ex gf. I suspect “but Trump” will be the leftist “but her emails” for the next 30 years lol.
    Well, the SCOTUS gave the Democrats a LOT of ammunition with the abortion cases. The conservatives pushed the pendulum SO HARD that they could unite the progressives and centrists despite the inflation and all. It is a big issue for many people (80% against) and for a lot of people, that the SCOTUS got to decide that is also a serious issue. Sure, it means congress is not doing its job but the way it will look for many people is that the SCotUS made very important decisions on their lives.
    Last edited by alhoon; August 09, 2022 at 11:29 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

I like how neoliberal cultists now exist in permanent state of cognitive dissonance where Trump is a clueless idiot and a cunning supervillain at the same time and they switch those mutually exclusive hallucinations around to fit the needed narrative on the spot. It feels like Trump simply replaced the figure of The Devil in their irrational and still very deeply religious minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix
    To be honest, as amusing as Trump is sometimes, I'd rather talk about anything else, but he keeps inserting himself into the narrative by wanting to run again in 2024. Ironically this raid might lead to prosecution that disqualifies him for any public office in the future. In that case some Trumpian figure like Ron DeSantis of Florida would simply fill his shoes and take up the MAGA mantle. I could care less either way, because I'm not a Republican. You guys go and do your thing. I'm far more concerned with primarying Biden from the left for being a senile goober (although to be fair he's done a few good things of late, and "Dark Brandon" Biden even annihilated the top leader of al-Qaeda al-Zawahiri).
    If Biden’s DOJ went on yet another fishing trip in a desperate attempt to prevent Trump from running against him in 2024 (which you seem to celebrate here), that would be yet another indication the Democrats have nothing but contempt for the “deplorable” American people and for the constitutional republic they regard as “systemically racist, homophobic, transphobic, imperialist, etc.” It’s ironic you hope Biden is primaried from the left, but one of the few good things you credit to him is the sort of standard neocon foreign policy leftists and Trumpists have been howling about since 2001.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

If Biden’s DOJ went on yet another fishing trip in a desperate attempt to prevent Trump from running against him in 2024 (which you seem to celebrate here), that would be yet another indication the Democrats have nothing but contempt for the “deplorable” American people and for the constitutional republic they regard as “systemically racist, homophobic, transphobic, imperialist, etc.” It’s ironic you hope Biden is primaried from the left, but one of the few good things you credit to him is the sort of standard neocon foreign policy leftists and Trumpists have been howling about since 2001.
    What? I'm against regime change wars in foreign countries. I'm not against turning our mortal enemy leaders of al-Qaeda into dust with drone strikes (bye-bye, al-Felicia!). What a weird comparison. Are you okay? You haven't been doing a lot of heavy breathing around large volumes of exposed gasoline, have you? I always get amused when some people on the right think everyone on the left loves Joe Biden. LOL. No we don't.

Also, your post is doubly hilarious now. Hahahaha! Oh, man. If only you had waited a day and thought about responding instead. I mean, just, wow, this news just obliterates whatever thing it is you're trying to say here, couldn't register it all because I'm too busy reading this headline:

FBI sought nuclear documents in search of Trump's home -Washington Post

Bruh, that's way beyond Trump's usually entertaining antics, that's a red alert national security threat. The guy is unhinged. If he actually took such documents then he is toast, even more so if he shared them with a foreign power. Looks like Garland has all the goods on him and is doing this methodically, by the books. Again, I got nothing personal against Trump and could care less how he spends his retirement, but this is beyond criminal shenanigans or stiffing contractors in a real estate deal. In 1953 Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were executed by electric chair for sharing nuclear secrets with the Soviets. For Trump's sake, I hope he didn't share or sell anything to the Saudis or, in that time-honored tradition, to the Russians. We'll see! Looks like anything's possible at this point.

Things are looking up for Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and his campaign in 2024, though! Maybe the field of challengers is clear for Ron now that the Don might have incapacitated himself by being a big ole dumb-dumb and thinking the rule of law doesn't apply to former presidents. I can see why he would think that, given their enormous privilege and given his life of luxurious privilege where he never faced any consequences for anything aside from paying fines for the Trump University scam thing.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ters-rcna42669

The two officials said Shiffer appeared to have posted in recent days about his desire to kill FBI agents after former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence was searched.
    Earlier, two law enforcement sources said a man armed with an AR-15-style rifle got inside the FBI building and fired a nail gun toward personnel before he fled in a car.
    He thought it was going to go like and he and Trump would be like

Instead it was like and Trump is like

And now we're like at the stupid moron.

I at least hope as he bled out he realized how utterly stupid what he did was.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    What? I'm against regime change wars in foreign countries. I'm not against turning our mortal enemy leaders of al-Qaeda into dust with drone strikes (bye-bye, al-Felicia!). What a weird comparison. Are you okay? You haven't been doing a lot of heavy breathing around large volumes of exposed gasoline, have you?
    Lotta projection here. Perhaps I struck a nerve? Don’t worry, you’re allowed to have wildly contradictory political beliefs about opposing Biden from the left while praising the most neocon aspects of his foreign policy. I simply pointed it out.
    I always get amused when some people on the right think everyone on the left loves Joe Biden. LOL. No we don't.
    Huh?
    Also, your post is doubly hilarious now.

Hahahaha! Oh, man. If only you had waited a day and thought about responding instead. I mean, just, wow, this news just obliterates whatever thing it is you're trying to say here, couldn't register it all because I'm too busy reading this headline:

FBI sought nuclear documents in search of Trump's home -Washington Post

Bruh, that's way beyond Trump's usually entertaining antics, that's a red alert national security threat. The guy is unhinged. If he actually took such documents then he is toast, even more so if he shared them with a foreign power. Looks like Garland has all the goods on him and is doing this methodically, by the books. Again, I got nothing personal against Trump and could care less how he spends his retirement, but this is beyond criminal shenanigans or stiffing contractors in a real estate deal. In 1953 Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were executed by electric chair for sharing nuclear secrets with the Soviets. For Trump's sake, I hope he didn't share or sell anything to the Saudis or, in that time-honored tradition, to the Russians. We'll see! Looks like anything's possible at this point.
    You seem to really think you did something here. From your own link:
    It was not clear if such documents were recovered at the former president's Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, the Post said. Reuters could not immediately confirm the report.
    And then there’s this:
    Former President Donald Trump said he supported the release of documents related to the FBI’s search of his Mar-a-Lago home earlier this week, including a copy of the search warrant and a receipt of items that agents took from the property.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...raid#xj4y7vzkg
    So it’s not even clear what he had, never mind what he was doing with it. I guess you were too busy reading the headline, like you said. I understand Democrats are hoping for Trump to be caught selling military secrets to US adversaries so he can’t run for office, but the breathless excitement in your posts reeks of desperation. They should try picking better candidates instead of leveraging the DoJ to go on political errands.
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; August 12, 2022 at 06:51 AM.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

I doubt Trump would run as president in 2024 either way (maybe as DeSantis' VP pic for his first term); pointlessly harassing him accomplishes no political goals, but it does weaken the state since this effectively shatter's FBI's reputation as legitimate law enforcement agency.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Some common sense on the FBI raid

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Some common sense on the FBI raid

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

[YOUTUBE]VwWcOLFPfMs[YOUTUBE]

12 SECONDS LATER.

Yes. The President is the primary authority for what is classified and declassified. Except for things that are classified by law. Guess which type of information is born secret.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

https://thehill.com/homenews/3598071...earch-sources/

(NewsNation) — FBI agents found dozens of classified documents during their search of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago on Monday, sources confirmed to NewsNation.
    Investigators discovered classified documents in two areas: Trump’s personal office above a ballroom and in a storage room near the pool. Sources say there were “boxes everywhere,” with some containing Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI). Those are considered some of the highest level of classified documents.

Since the documents are so secretive, it’s unknown whether investigators will ever publicly acknowledge what they’re in reference to, let alone release them.
    Classified nuclear weapons documents may have been among the items the FBI found, according to a source cited by the Washington Post.
    Cue the servile drones "It's smart and patriotic to steal top secret intel and sell it to the highest bidder."

The latest in the Republican war on education:

https://thehill.com/changing-america...under-new-law/

Want to bet books on evolution or books critical of slavery will be declared 'explicit' next?

Investigators discovered classified documents in two areas: Trump’s personal office above a ballroom and in a storage room near the pool. Sources say there were “boxes everywhere,” with some containing Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI). Those are considered some of the highest level of classified documents.
    What difference, at this point, does it make?

Elementary, my dear Watson. It’s that Trump is a bad man, and Hillary is not.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...ence-rcna42921

What difference, at this point, does it make?

Elementary, my dear Watson. It’s that Trump is a bad man, and Hillary is not.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...ence-rcna42921
    Top Secret and non-Top Secret documents are different.

Right-wingers are still obsessed with Hillary. I don’t see anyone talking about her anymore except you all. She still haunts your dreams.

In other news:

https://apnews.com/article/us-capito...ae70959e9a6f39

I think it's very brave and redpilled to kill oneself to own the libs, don't you? I'm sure Trump is thinking about this guy and appreciates his sacrifice.

Top Secret and non-Top Secret documents are different.
    Lol cope.

https://www.npr.org/2016/01/29/46481...probe-persists

Right-wingers are still obsessed with Hillary. I don’t see anyone talking about her anymore except you all. She still haunts your dreams.
    According to posts that read like a screenplay called “Uranium One: Trump Edition” months after he left office.
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; August 14, 2022 at 05:57 PM.

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    I doubt Trump would run as president in 2024 either way (maybe as DeSantis' VP pic for his first term); pointlessly harassing him accomplishes no political goals, but it does weaken the state since this effectively shatter's FBI's reputation as legitimate law enforcement agency.
    You think? I think it's entirely in character to try, and it will be hard for anyone such as DeSantis to replace him in the Republican primaries, where Trump currently leads DeSantis by 57% to 17%. Yes DeSantis may rise with better name recognition, but equally it's exceptional for a one-term-only President to enjoy this level of support for his return.

Whereas regardless of your perspective on Trump I can't imagine anything less in character for him than to agree to be anyone's VP now.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-...fbi-personnel/

Authorities arrested a Pennsylvania man for allegedly making violent threats against FBI personnel online following the agency’s search of former President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate.
    The Department of Justice (DOJ) said Adam Bies, 46, was arrested on Friday and is charged with influencing, impeding or retaliating against federal law enforcement officers.

Court documents show Bies allegedly made multiple threats on the right-wing social media website Gab in the days following the Mar-a-Lago search.
    “Every single piece of [expletive] who works for the FBI in any capacity, from the director down to the janitor who cleans their [expletive] toilets deserves to die,” he allegedly wrote in a post two days after the search. “You’ve declared war on us and now it’s open season on YOU.”
    “HEY FEDS. We the people cannot WAIT to water the trees of liberty with your blood. I’ll be waiting for you to kick down my door,” Bies allegedly wrote in another post, according to court documents.
    If convicted, Bies faces a maximum of 10 years in prison.
    Big tough man on the internet, whimpering little boy when cops knock on his door.

Don't worry, I'm sure Trump will pay for his defense.