Page 27 of 75 FirstFirst ... 217181920212223242526272829303132333435363752 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Ballot abstention has never, ever solved any problem, nor has it ever successfully advanced any political cause. All what it merely does is guarantee that the other side will win. This is how Brexit happened and this is how Catalonia won the independence referendum.

Default Re: Want to rant about rightwings and conservatives? This is your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    Ballot abstention has never, ever solved any problem, nor has it ever successfully advanced any political cause. All what it merely does is guarantee that the other side will win. This is how Brexit happened and this is how Catalonia won the independence referendum.
    The EU referendum had one of, if not the, largest voter turnouts (in terms of raw numbers) in British history. It should also be noted that there is a difference between apathy and a refusal to vote in protest or due to a lack of representation.

Its funny, if "Did not vote" was a party, they'd be ruling Canada right now. FPTP is definitely one of the worst electoral systems in the nation, but Liberals figured that if they keep it in place they'll gerrymander their way into power forever.
    Low voter turn out does seem to highlight how truly unfair, corrupt and broken representative democracy is as a system. Vote all you want, you will never "vote" away Blackrock or any of the corporate oligopolies that have the true power and remain in control regardless of who gets "elected". Countries with representative democracies are just oligarchies.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    Ballot abstention has never, ever solved any problem... this is how Catalonia won the independence referendum.
    In 2107,Catalonia's public prosecutor declared/ordered the seizure of all ballot papers ahead of a banned independence referendum deemed illegal.CEO performs regular polls studying opinion of Catalan citizens regarding Catalonia's political status within Spain.
    2020 -3rd series, these are the answers to the question "Which kind of political entity should Catalonia be with respect to Spain"?
    Independent state: 34.9
    Autonomous community with Spain: 28.0
    Federal state within Spain: 22.6
    Region within Spain: 6.4
    Do not know: 6.0
    Did not reply:2.1
    ----
    ----
    Today, I'm not here to bash Conservatives. What means to be a true American conservative? I find myself agreeing with almost everything this man says. Fascinating stuff.

Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

I love conservative double standards on one hand Biden is a senile old man babbling nonsense, on the other hand PM like Boris Johnson shall be the supreme political leaders.

Or aren't they?

The Prememinster and Peppa Pig.

One of Johnson’s lengthier tangents was about his recent trip to Hampshire’s Peppa Pig World – an amusement park dedicated to a children’s cartoon character, which he opined on in an apparent dig at civil servants and the BBC.
    He said that “the true driver of growth is not the government”, but the private sector, whose energy and originality the prime minister praised. To illustrate this, he explained: “Yesterday I went, as we all must, to Peppa Pig World. Hands up if you’ve been to Peppa Pig World!
    “I loved it. Peppa Pig World is very much my kind of place. It has very safe streets, discipline in schools, heavy emphasis on new mass transit systems. Even if they’re a bit stereotypical about Daddy Pig.”
    Johnson explained that the “real lesson” he learned on the visit was that the popularity of the main character – who he said resembled a “Picasso-like hairdryer” – was evidence of “the power of UK creativity”. Johnson said the TV show “was rejected by the BBC and has now been exported to 180 countries” and now worth £6bn. “I think that is pure genius, don’t you? No government in the world, no Whitehall civil servant, would conceivably have come up with Peppa.”
    Johnson also imitated the sound of an accelerating car with grunts that the official Downing Street release transcribed as “arum arum aaaaaaaaag”. He also compared himself to Moses over his plan to help business invest in tackling climate change. The prime minister said: “I said to my officials the new 10 commandments were that ‘Thou shalt develop industries like offshore wind, hydrogen, nuclear power and carbon capture.’”

‘Embarrassing’: Boris Johnson criticised for rambling speech to CBI | Boris Johnson | The Guardian
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    I love conservative double standards on one hand Biden is a senile old man babbling nonsense, on the other hand PM like Boris Johnson shall be the supreme political leaders.
    The same armchair psychologists also forget about that time the Orange Messiah forgot that his wife was literally standing next to him:

Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Her face.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Yeap, Irontaio's is better example.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

stop criticizing him, maybe that wasn't the real Melania.

Ohhh a personal assistant disguised as Melania?

Citizen

Her face.
    You could see the moment The Sound of Silence starts playing in her head.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked

A.B.A.P.

Its funny that Democrat cultists cope with their dear leader's dementia by citing those 3 Gaffes Trump made throughout 4 years of his presidency, never mention that Biden gaffes every time he is in front of a camera. Although I do find it hilarious that in the past 3 decades all American presidents were all born in 1940s.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Its funny that Democrat cultists cope with their dear leader's dementia by citing those 3 Gaffes Trump made throughout 4 years of his presidency, never mention that Biden gaffes every time he is in front of a camera. Although I do find it hilarious that in the past 3 decades all American presidents were all born in 1940s.
    So was my father in law... and I can guarantee you he'd beat you in an arm-wrestle too.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Quote Originally Posted by antaeus View Post
    So was my father in law... and I can guarantee you he'd beat you in an arm-wrestle too.
    He's also a conservative Trump fan... Maybe he is suffering from mental decline too...
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Praeses

Ohhh a personal assistant disguised as Melania?
    Check the ear lobe, clearly Epstein.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Check the ear lobe, clearly Epstein.
    Of course! It all makes sense now. Epstein neither killed himself or was murdered...he faked his death and replaced Melania Trump. Shake up weeple!

A.B.A.P.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...87a_story.html

Great. What great service did Rittenhouse provide other than kill leftwings in self defense?
    I am not saying that he shouldn't have been acquitted under Wisconsin's weird laws. I am saying that killing leftwings in self defense is not something to get a medal about.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post

Great. What great service did Rittenhouse provide other than kill leftwings in self defense?
    I am not saying that he shouldn't have been acquitted under Wisconsin's weird laws. I am saying that killing leftwings in self defense is not something to get a medal about.
    I don't think you have anything to worry about. It's harder for people that deserve a Congressional Gold Medal to get one. Mostly because...uhh...Congress has to agree. Given they're essentially passing a budget bill authorizing the Treasury to handle the Gold Medals as national medals and allowing the Treasury to strike bronze duplicates for people to buy...

And you are currently sitting in a fairly 50% balanced Congress that have a pretty hard time agreeing on even things they agree on...her idea isn't going anywhere.

Now...get back to me when you think Biden's just gonna hand him a Presidential Medal of Freedom... which only really requires the President's approval.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    I don't think you have anything to worry about. It's harder for people that deserve a Congressional Gold Medal to get one. Mostly because...uhh...Congress has to agree. Given they're essentially passing a budget bill authorizing the Treasury to handle the Gold Medals as national medals and allowing the Treasury to strike bronze duplicates for people to buy...

And you are currently sitting in a fairly 50% balanced Congress that have a pretty hard time agreeing on even things they agree on...her idea isn't going anywhere.

Now...get back to me when you think Biden's just gonna hand him a Presidential Medal of Freedom... which only really requires the President's approval.
    I don't think Rittenhouse will get a congressial medal. I am appalled (but not surprised) at what that congresswoman (the one that has ties to the failed coup and the one AOC was afraid would turn her over to the insurgents) would do.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post

Unfortunately, many on the right DO think killing lefties for any reason should be allowed. After all, we're all baby-eating communists out to destroy the white race and deny Trump his birthright of emperor of the world.