Thread: "Arrange Marriage"

Default "Arrange Marriage"

Hello guys.
    I think favor gained via diplomatic marriage should be increased. It only gives +10! Who would send their mighty queen to a foreigner king for only +10? I can send a worth of a turn gold for +25. How does it make sense? What is the point of using this diplomatic option?
    Last edited by tndgu; October 05, 2020 at 05:39 AM.

Default Re: "Arrange Marriage"

Quote Originally Posted by tndgu View Post
    Hello guys.
    I think favor gained via diplomatic marriage should be increased. It only gives +10! Who would send their mighty queen to a foreigner king for only +10? I can send a worth of a turn gold for +25. How does it make sense? What is the point of using this diplomatic option?

Agreed. This outcome is scripted and can be easily altered. I've modded the lenght of this event for 5 years to come, so it can really make a difference. It is up to DeI developers how this should go but I'll leave it to them...

Quote Originally Posted by MrTimbe68 View Post
    Agreed. This outcome is scripted and can be easily altered. I've modded the lenght of this event for 5 years to come, so it can really make a difference. It is up to DeI developers how this should go but I'll leave it to them...
    Can you please guide me to changing the outcome via scripting?
    Never have done it before.

Quote Originally Posted by tndgu View Post
    Can you please guide me to changing the outcome via scripting?
    Never have done it before.

Its easy, the file is "politics_trait_defs.lua" inside lua_scripts. I strongly advise you to do a separate mod/pack for this since you don't wanns mess vanilla DeI up....

Find this:

start = the loyalty value per turn and
    turn = how many turns so 40 turns is 10 years and so....

I think the loyalty bonus also comes from the ancillary effects table, specifically

r2_sp_anc_all_wife_dynastic

r2_sp_anc_all_husband_dynastic

and the effect is rom character diplomatic marriage relations

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Yep, as it currently it is, it's not worth it to trade your daughters away at all to some foreign king, the poor lasses!

I've never used this feature - is it limited to certain factions? I've never noticed it before and am really curious to see how it works? Does the spouse become part of your faction? Is it limited to female characters, or can it be modded to include male characters too?

I have female generals sub-mod.
    Not really, they aren't joining to you faction, however you get the notification of honorable death when they die as if they were in your faction.
    As you can see you only get +10 diplo from "spouse" traits, which is useless in my opinion, I would much prefer +2 gravitas per turn, or public order etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callicles View Post
    I've never used this feature - is it limited to certain factions? I've never noticed it before and am really curious to see how it works? Does the spouse become part of your faction? Is it limited to female characters, or can it be modded to include male characters too?
    Last edited by tndgu; October 06, 2020 at 06:47 PM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Its easy, the file is "politics_trait_defs.lua" inside lua_scripts. I strongly advise you to do a separate mod/pack for this since you don't wanns mess vanilla DeI up....

Find this:

start = the loyalty value per turn and
    turn = how many turns so 40 turns is 10 years and so....
    that's for marriage between different parties not factions
    between factions should be via ancs only

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    that's for marriage between different parties not factions
    between factions should be via ancs only

Ah so!

How can you even marriage from another faction, needs this female generals sub-mod?

Ah so!

How can you even marriage from another faction, needs this female generals sub-mod?
    I think so...
    I haven't played without this mod since eternity. So I thought something was wrong. Without this sub-mod, is it not possible to arrange marriages between factions?
    Last edited by tndgu; October 08, 2020 at 08:55 AM.

I believe the faction's leader has to be unmarried?

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I believe the faction's leader has to be unmarried?
    Yes, both should be.
    Dresden, in this case, should I contact the female generals sub-mod maker?
    Because +10 makes really no sense at all.

Both must be unmarried, I usually let Antonius Cleopatra marry... ...and, yes, there is room for improvement.

You can marry faction leaders to each other, but they must both be unmarried. And you can marry members of the political factions to each other in the Stammbaun. Here the advantages are clearly weighed up.

I don't know if Jake's PIGS submod is final or if there's anything else coming up

Its not the submod I don't think, its just the normal effect on the ancillary that gives 10 diplomatic relations, if that is what you are referring to.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

there is a DIPLOMATIC MARRIAGE string in the cai_personality_diplomatic_event_values with value and falloff
    fpr what I remember dei didn't change those values