Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Immortality of the Soul in the Bible

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: The Immortality of the Soul in the Bible

conon394,

So, you don't believe that the Son of God came into the world by way of a virgin to deliver certain people from their sin?

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Nope. Don't believe Athena and Ares fought on the plains of Troy don't belief the supernatural aspect the epic of Gilgamesh, Pretty sure the sacred snake of Athena did not vanish mystically proving Themistocles right that the wooden wall of described by the Pythia from Delphi was the navy ... but I rather suspect he and the head priestess of Athena just put the guy in box somewhere out of sight. and left his uneaten food to show he was gone. Don't believe non feasible flood outside a general echo across all Mesopotamian religions of how calamitous a once in century or more flood of the Tigris and Euphrates might seem to very early human civilizations who have a very limited ideal of just how big the world was and how small of a fragment of they knew about. I will admit find most polytheist religion more credible than one that has to bend over backward to figure out how to justify why bad things happen to good faithful followers of supposedly a all power full god who is nominally claimed to looking out for them.
    Last edited by conon394; April 01, 2022 at 08:47 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

conon394,

Then you do know where you are going when you die?

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

I believe my point was clear enough no. But I see nothing in your version of Christianity that convinces you do either.

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

conon394,

By the Grace of God I'll be with Him.

He is pretty fickle I not be to sure if we are justl a game for him never know when he might push reset and have do over.

conon394,

When Jesus returns that is exactly what is going to happen. A new heaven and earth will replace the old which is destroyed forever and mankind will be separated acording to their belief. The born again will live with God whilst the others will also live yet on the other side of the chasm in a place called hell never being allowed to forget why they are there.

The born again will live with God whilst the others will also live yet on the other side of the chasm in a place called hell never being allowed to forget why they are there.
    So the answer that Bible does not give me any particulate reason to want to live with god. So not really worrying.

conon394,

Well if the Garden of Eden was a figure of what God intended for us I can say that the new heaven and earth will be similar in that we'll all have plenty to do.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

I hope there's a funny snake in heaven

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Well if the Garden of Eden was a figure of what God intended for us I can say that the new heaven and earth will be similar in that we'll all have plenty to do.
    You get to be a nude hunter gather?

conon394,

Nope, I get to be adopted into the family of God which by Jesus is now a surety whereas before I too was destined for hell.

whereas before I too was destined for hell
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Why?
    conon394,

Because before I was steeped in sins that I could never eraze until Jesus Christ came into my life.

Because before I was steeped in sins that I could never eraze until Jesus Christ came into my life.
    SO had the free will to take on that sin?

SO had the free will to take on that sin?
    conon394,

Oh everyone has a will but is not free and never was. Man's nature has fallen and sins continue to grow, why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    conon394,

Oh everyone has a will but is not free and never was. Man's nature has fallen and sins continue to grow, why is that?
    So if there is no free will how can man's nature be fallen?
    Last edited by conon394; April 14, 2022 at 02:48 PM.

So if there is no free will how can man's nature be fallen?
    conon394,

Simply because Adam believed Eve who believed the Serpent and both ate the fruit which God had commanded them not to do.

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    conon394,

Simply because Adam believed Eve who believed the Serpent and both ate the fruit which God had commanded them not to do.
    So the 3 of them had free will which you just denied in post 36? Also If god made everything and it was good (Genesis 1:31) exactly how do you account for the serpent unless you are looking at either a Manichean faith or a papered over polytheism? Either of the later implies God is bs-ing in Genesis and you are just getting his story.
    Last edited by conon394; April 15, 2022 at 01:58 PM.

conon394,

We are all bitpart players in this story in which God is the central Character. Satan is also a part of the story otherwise there wouldn't be one. So, every word that comes out of your mouth or put in writing is exactly what God has placed in you to say. The thing is that you'll continue with your onslaught as long as He sees fit for you to do so.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast