Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Immortality of the Soul in the Bible

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: The Immortality of the Soul in the Bible

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    conon394,

Of course we are a minority for did Jesus not say that the path to heaven is so narrow that few get in?
    He may have. But your particular minority might have the wrong spin.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    He may have. But your particular minority might have the wrong spin.
    conon394,

Well, one day we will all know who are His and who are not but the certainty of that is that those who are born again of the Spirit of God already know.

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Well, one day we will all know who are His and who are not
    Rather we might - going to be a bummer for you if the LDS is right.

but the certainty of that is that those who are born again of the Spirit of God already know
    Or those with a ton hubris hope
    Last edited by conon394; May 06, 2022 at 01:10 PM.

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

conon394,

Even the LDS will finally know the truth. Once I was full of pride doing all the sins a man could do until that day God put me on my knees and showed me just how worthless I was in reality. Now I am not ashamed to say these things because He changed my heart on that day and my experiences ever since have only verified that Jesus Christ is my Saviour and my God.

conon394,

Even the LDS will finally know the truth. Once I was full of pride doing all the sins a man could do until that day God put me on my knees and showed me just how worthless I was in reality. Now I am not ashamed to say these things because He changed my heart on that day and my experiences ever since have only verified that Jesus Christ is my Saviour and my God.
    Will or maybe you will. Again when when you makes statements of absolute faith I know many people of other faiths or just different versions of Christianity who are as resolute as you and can tell how say faith saved them in some way. Meh I will stay on the fence.

conon394,

So, when Jesus says that fence sitting is not an answer to anything and Him being your Creator don't you want to be on the right side which He says He is?

conon394,

So, when Jesus says that fence sitting is not an answer to anything and Him being your Creator don't you want to be on the right side which He says He is?
    Only know what people say he said... He is not creator if believe the OT, god is. By all accounts he seemed like a nice guy. Will see I guess. I will I hope get ask about the late appearance and impractical method of spreading his word. and why so many people never got the chance to like chill with him.

conon394,

Jesus Christ is God, the second Person of the Trinity. So, in the garden Adam walked and talked with God and since the Father is a blinding Spirit on Whom no man may look and live, who then did Adam walk and talk with? Obviously it was Jesus because Jesus has shown to have form elsewhere in the Old Testament as well. He walked and talked with Abraham as well as wrestle with Jacob. Later He was to announce that before Abraham was, " I AM." In other words He claims to be God, the great I AM.

conon394,

Jesus Christ is God, the second Person of the Trinity. So, in the garden Adam walked and talked with God and since the Father is a blinding Spirit on Whom no man may look and live, who then did Adam walk and talk with? Obviously it was Jesus because Jesus has shown to have form elsewhere in the Old Testament as well. He walked and talked with Abraham as well as wrestle with Jacob. Later He was to announce that before Abraham was, " I AM." In other words He claims to be God, the great I AM.
    Or you could just take the OT at face value and admit god talked to Adam and Eve and the others. No need pasting on what people say Jesus supposedly said to get to your rather tortured logic.
    Last edited by conon394; May 09, 2022 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Or you could just take the OT at face value and admit god talked to Adam and Eve and the others. No need pasting on what people say Jesus supposedly said to get to your rather tortured logic.
    conon394,

Or, you could just accept that what Jesus did and said is what is written of in the Word of God. The fact that God walked and talked with Adam denotes that He actually walked and talked with him whereas elsewhere in Scripture it denotes only God's voice being heard in other circumstances. So, why do I insist on the walking and talking? Because I believe that the garden was a figure of heaven the place where it would be obvious for God to walk and talk within. It doesn't say that an angel did this no rather, it says God and since the Father does not walk but the Lord Jesus does it had to be Jesus Who communed with Adam inside the garden.

Or, you could just accept that what Jesus did and said is what is written of in the Word of God
    Well seeing as Paul made up stuff, why trust what he says Jesus said?

it says God and since the Father does not walk
    Really why not. I think God is pretty much allowed to do as he pleases. IN any case you are inserting your assumption against the plain text of the OT - again.

conon394,

Paul was a master of the Law who until Jesus changed his heart couldn't see the truth up until then. After being put on his knees that all changed and after hearing and talking with both Christ and certain disciples he saw what he couldn't before. What he went through in that time is what every new born Christian can testify to in some form.

God the Father is a blinding Spirit on Whom no man may look and live. He has His Son, the second Person of the Trinity, Who has form like the angels, to do whatever He commands backed up by the third Person of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit, totally unlimited in His role but yet remains a Spirit like the Father. Therefore it was Jesus the Christ Who walked and talked with Adam because it was Jesus the Christ Who had just made all things in six wonderful days that John was to tell us in his writings alongside the other writers.

God the Father is a blinding Spirit on Whom no man may look and live
    Clear not the case in the OT

He has His Son, the second Person of the Trinity, Who has form like the angels, to do whatever He commands backed up by the third Person of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit, totally unlimited in His role but yet remains a Spirit like the Father. Therefore it was Jesus the Christ Who walked and talked with Adam because it was Jesus the Christ Who had just made all things in six wonderful days that John was to tell us in his writings alongside the other writers.
    Err rather no if you read the OT from the beginning and don't back fit what people say Jesus said and more importantly Paul as he works to create a new religion that rightly should be called Paul-ism.
    Last edited by conon394; May 16, 2022 at 09:49 AM.

conon394,

Quote, " Thus the LORD used to speak to Moses face to face, just as a man speaks to his friend. (Exodus 33:11)

But He said, “You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!” (Exodus 33:20). Unquote.

Now regarding Paul, all that he did was to preach that which the Disciples back in Jerusalem were preaching. The only controversy between them was that James now leading the church there insisted that converts among the Gentiles be circumcised. This Paul had to sort out by going to Jerusalem to face James in particular about this. Remember that James at that time was not a Christian and only took over because he was Jesus' brother.

Regarding the back fitting you keep going on about let's look at that. The Old Testament is all about a Messiah coming to restore Israel according to the Jews, the prophets repeatedly foretelling of that. So, it is only by the advent of Jesus coming and dying that we see how the prophecies were fulfilled in Him. No other person has ever fulfilled these foretellings. One can only see this once a prophecy has been done and all the evidence since then proved to be done as it is in the case of the Lord Jesus Christ.

No other person has ever fulfilled these foretellings. One can only see this once a prophecy has been done and all the evidence since then proved to be done as it is in the case of the Lord Jesus Christ.
    Almost anyone could match the fortunetelling they are vague and you wave away any bits that contradict Pauls religion.

conon394,

This is a very sad day for me and my family as Storm our Husky is being put to sleep today. The vets found a growth in his stomach as well as his whole spine being covered in Spondylitis so this covering all the other problems the vets recommended he be put down, this we are doing sometime today.

So, being brief, Paul saw Jesus when he was put on his knees and I was taken back in time to see Jesus on the cross just after I was put on my knees. I knew very little about the crucifixion until that happened and so I poured over all I could find to verify, which I did, on the subject. What Paul has since written is no different from what I have learned and experienced in my own walk with God.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=OLfATpg1rBw

Why does the Roman Church embrace the secular view on many questions of dogma such as the identity of the antichrist, but not on the pagan concept of hell, a doctrine which Jesus never mentioned?
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Lord Thesaurian,

Jesus describes hell in His parable of the rich and poor men. I don't know what the Pagan concept of hell is, rather what my Saviour says and that's good enough for me.

rather what my Saviour says and that's good enough for me.
    Rather as always what others say he said. And than only a selected few you choose to read of even the totality that has survived the fall of Rome.

conon394,

If your wife told you something do you question her integrity as to the validity of what she has said? Did you question your teachers at school about what they were teaching you? Isn't it a matter that you don't want to believe what is written because you personally don't want a God in your life especially One to Whom you will have to answer when you draw your last breath?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast