Thread: Problem with Scripts?

Default Problem with Scripts?

I am sure I read somewhere that there was a problem with scripts but cannot find the post.

Has it been resolved with the new add on files or is there an issue still?

I tried starting a campaign last week and after a couple of turns things went rather wrong, the date jumped to 550AD and it went to winter conditions.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: Problem with Scripts?

Quote Originally Posted by bdtj1815 View Post
    I am sure I read somewhere that there was a problem with scripts but cannot find the post.

Has it been resolved with the new add on files or is there an issue still?

I tried starting a campaign last week and after a couple of turns things went rather wrong, the date jumped to 550AD and it went to winter conditions.
    There have been issues with the script for IBRR but not IBRO. Sometimes when you load a campaign and activate the RO script it can jump to 550AD which is the end of the script (for some unexplained reason), but just reload the campaign and activate the script again and it should be fine. From others feedback, the script has been pretty stable. But please keep your eyes open for anything, but make sure you know the date, the campaign you are playing and the faction when it CTDs.

Ernst von Jacob's Avatar Tiro

It happenned to me too. Just click on the settlement again and the advisor will pop up

Thanks for your replies. I obviously confused IBRR and IBRO. I have just returned to RTW after over a decade and am amazed by the quality of the newer mods particularly the BI ones.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    There have been issues with the script for IBRR but not IBRO. Sometimes when you load a campaign and activate the RO script it can jump to 550AD which is the end of the script (for some unexplained reason), but just reload the campaign and activate the script again and it should be fine. From others feedback, the script has been pretty stable. But please keep your eyes open for anything, but make sure you know the date, the campaign you are playing and the faction when it CTDs.
    i had some wired turnswitch situations. saxons had scripted stacks in italy and i loose one city in italy to them. the garrison script army stand above the city - indicating a script army and a possible error.
    also received the diocletian reform message after 15+ turns, but didn´t get new units or ancillaries.

after reloading the previous turn, it didn´t happen again
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    "But I don't know how to mod!!!!"
    Learn. I didn't know how to do anything when I got this game, and now I know how to do quite a bit. Volunteer. Struggle. Figure it out.
    There are lots of cool mods that never see the light of day because people don't realize that mods need workers, not watchers, or realize it but continue to watch anyway.

The Great Conflicts
    872-1071
    public alpha 15.01.2020 patch 004 05.09.2020
    The Great Preview 01.12.2019 + Special 06.12.2019

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    i had some wired turnswitch situations. saxons had scripted stacks in italy and i loose one city in italy to them. the garrison script army stand above the city - indicating a script army and a possible error.
    also received the diocletian reform message after 15+ turns, but didn´t get new units or ancillaries.

after reloading the previous turn, it didn´t happen again
    The "saxons" are in fact either the alemanni or iuthungi depending upon the campaign and their invasion of italy. That is correct, and they are scripted to take one city. This is to reflect these invasions. As for the Diocletian reforms message, it should have lined up with the script trigger for the military reforms which should occur just after 285AD. The administrative reforms come into play around 293AD.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

mhh, i´ve played the 270 campaign as WRE. not sure about the "saxon" date, but they took a town above rome. after i reload the turn, the event didn´t happend again... i´m pretty sure the turns are not correct.
    i will take a look.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    "But I don't know how to mod!!!!"
    Learn. I didn't know how to do anything when I got this game, and now I know how to do quite a bit. Volunteer. Struggle. Figure it out.
    There are lots of cool mods that never see the light of day because people don't realize that mods need workers, not watchers, or realize it but continue to watch anyway.

The Great Conflicts
    872-1071
    public alpha 15.01.2020 patch 004 05.09.2020
    The Great Preview 01.12.2019 + Special 06.12.2019

It has happened again and I cannot recover my turn. During my third turn the date jumped to 550AD. Whatever I did, reload and re-apply the script etc, the game stayed stuck in 550AD. I re-loaded my 2nd turn save and to my surprise the next turn loaded as Winter 270AD previously it had loaded as another summer turn.
    Please help as I am loathe to continue if things carry on like this.