Thread: Question about ancillarys and retinue

Default Question about ancillarys and retinue

Hi, I was wondering about certain ancillarys such as

Marshal
    Kings_treasurer
    Chancellor
    steward

If I give these to characters, does that mean that character becomes it? or does it mean they have a ' kings treasurer ' with them?

The lord high marshal title says that this person is the main general, so if i gave that to my faction leader, would that mean HE IS the HLM or he has one at ghis command?

Thanks.

Default Re: Question about ancillarys and retinue

Im still wondering this lol I'd also like to know if land titles still have effect if you give them to merchant or diplomats and have them in the town?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

It's exactly what the word means: 'supportive position' - think of it as 'retinue'.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Well, you can make it both, depends on how you want your mod to be

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Depends on the mod. In the Stainless Steel it was meant to be "the general occupies this position". It's been developed in Titanium, and in the SSHIP it's also been refined.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!