Thread: DeI mod order?

Default DeI mod order?

Forgive me because I haven't played DeI in awhile with this newish launcher, but are submods and overhauls supposed to be higher in the mod order or lower? I keep seeing people say different things and now im not sure. So for example, DeI parts 1,2,&3 with lets say a bigger unit size submod. Is it; submod, then DeI 3, 2, 1, OR DeI 1,2,3 then submod? Thank you

Default Re: DeI mod order?

Quote Originally Posted by General_Rubenski View Post
    Forgive me because I haven't played DeI in awhile with this newish launcher, but are submods and overhauls supposed to be higher in the mod order or lower? I keep seeing people say different things and now im not sure. So for example, DeI parts 1,2,&3 with lets say a bigger unit size submod. Is it; submod, then DeI 3, 2, 1, OR DeI 1,2,3 then submod? Thank you
    DEI shoud be at the bottom.

Icon10 Re: DeI mod order?

I think a lot of confusion comes from the fact that the load order can be switched to show lowest or highest and the fact that it is good to know
    the actual process then just saying ''do x''. The mod launcher list is so that the highest on the list is top priority.
    So DeI is always on the bottom and submods above. That way submods take priority over the base DeI. So if a submod and DeI both change one value or file, the submods change take priority.
    So the submod you want most loaded should be at #1 spot.

Because what confused me was that load order is explained as ''the order they are loaded'' so I thought a submod should be loaded after DeI.
    (e.g DeI would be the lowest at #1 and then submods would be above that at, say, #8)
    Something that even I am not 100% is the load order of the 3 base DeI files. Currently how it works for me is that DeI part 1 is above part 2 and 3.

Example:

#5-1 Submods
    #6 part 1
    #7 part 2
    #8 part 3

I might actually be out on a limb here, its just that I thought this is correct as it is what made it all work.
    Anyone with 100% knowledge can please chip in and correct me if I am wrong.

I would love a definitive answer on this. I thought the order was the the order in which they are loaded, so I have submod after DEI 1-3. I only have faster battles and AAA: Roman Generals. I know that the latter is working, but I have been away from from DEI for so long I am unsure if the battle speeds is faster or not.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

All submods need to be loaded above DeI.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Thank you!

Must there be a specific order for the submods?

Or does it not matter then? i use the standalone version? So at the very bottom part 1 of DeI and then part 2, then the submods and then the order doesn't matter?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

it depends on what submod.
    the pack at the top will overwrite every "pfm's string" it encounters below.
    if there is no overwriting then the order is the one you want (except putting DeI packs always at the bottom ofc).

does the mod manager give a warning that one submod will overwrite another?

No. Most submods won't mess with each other, but if you want to make sure, you'll have to open them with PFM and see if they use the same tables.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

mitch's manager does that
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/di18t5...a_mod.odt/file

usually submods should have descriptions about compatibilities though