Thread: bad surprises, funny if its not you, but still funny

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Default bad surprises, funny if its not you, but still funny

Hey

I thought, there are situations that something unexpected happens and its a bad thing for you, but its a funny thing objectively, or who knows.

Anyway, why not to share some stories when you had a bad surprise, but it was actually a bit funny. No suprises like if someone died or anything like that people, please. Lets keep it funny, im sure theres lots of stories, i have many of my own, but lets start with one example:

It happened some few years ago, i used to work for a different company and i was visiting a client. We were outside in his garden, and he offered me coffee - i do drink coffee so i agreed. That was an old university teacher, a really smart guy who speaks some 5 languages if not more etc. He brings me the coffee, i asked him for sugar. He went back to his house with the coffee cause he said he would add me the sugar and get back, right? So he did that... at least in his mind.

He brings me back that coffee, we are talking about his case lets say im not gonna get into that. Then i take a sip of that coffee, and i almost get tears in my eyes - this is freaking terrible, wtf, and i just spit it out and tell that dude: Sir, you added salt to my coffee instead of sugar!

He was embarassed and went back to make a good one this time around, but i have to tell you - that the first and only time in my life when i tasted coffee with 2 teaspoons of salt, and it was beyond disgusting! It was funny tho, everyone laughed, only not the old man who really got embarassed. I mean, i dont feel sorry for him, i almost swallowed it, i get shivers even thinking about it.

Whats your bad surprise? Come on, spit it out, like i did that coffee!

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Default Re: bad surprises, funny if its not you, but still funny

I'm sorry to hear all that. How did you cope with that traumatic experience? I'm there for you if you need help. Just don't come for dinner because I have mistaken cinnamon for curry more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Its not something you can cope with. I would love to see Gordon Ramsay try something like that. I wonder what his reaction would be. I mean im sure he would utterly unnihilate that old man with his disgust.

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

This is salt. SALT! Ya donkey!

I would like to stay on the coffee topic. I was visiting an office in another country. I felt like coffee and in most of Scandinavia, in fact, it is unusual for a person not to drink coffee several times a day. There was none brewed and I did not want to bother any of the local people, so I decided to figure out the previously unfamiliar coffee maker myself. There were quite a few things to consider but I finally made it except for one minor detail.

I went away to conduct my business and returned when I caught the whiff of a strong, delicious coffee scent from the kitchen. There was a lot of hustle and bustle with my hosts on all fours cleaning up the floors, cupboards, and tables. It turned out that I had forgotten to put a pot underneath, so the half a gallon or so of hot coffee had just spread itself thin over every surface it could reach.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

That's ok. We Scandinavians like the sea as much as the coffee. Of course you wouldn't know since Finland is not part of Scandinavia. It's basically Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    Of course you wouldn't know since Finland is not part of Scandinavia. It's basically Russia
    I know. I like to tell myself I am Scandinavian to identify with our illustrious neighbours. But then I just end up effing things up like that when I visit Denmark. Like the Russian I am. Surely a true and fine Germanic specimen such as Cookiegod can come up with a funny story?

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

You're supposed to add sugar and milk after salt.

1 portion of salt + at least 2 portion of sugar and some milk enough to turn it into coffee milk not coffee.

Then you'd love it.