Thread: EditSF Exception Modifying Troy's StartPos.esf

Default EditSF Exception Modifying Troy's StartPos.esf

Hello,

Admittedly, I am complete new to modding total war games at all, so forgive me if I'm missing something basic here (and maybe point me in the right direction as well).

I wanted to see if I could unlock all the minor factions as playable in Troy. Searching around brought me to the EditSF tool where I think I've gotten pretty close. I've found a player's array which seems to list all the factions and there is a notable boolean set to true for all the playable factions and false for the unplayable ones. I've tried to just change one (Argos) to true to see what happens, but when I try to save in EditSF, I get a null reference exception:

Any suggestions? LMK.

Thanks.

Default Re: EditSF Exception Modifying Troy's StartPos.esf

Well, I downloaded the source code and added in 2 null reference checks:

NsfNode.cs: 112-114 edit

public override string ToString() {
    return val == null ? null : val.ToString();
    }

AbcfCode.cs: 36 add

if (toWrite == null)
    {
    return;
    }

This did allow me to save the modified StartPos.esf back to disk without exceptions!

Still doesn't let me play as Argos but at least I can play around with it now.

Hi Jus, do you, by any chance, know how to remove the mythical unit recruitment cap? I've tried modifying my save game using editsf but to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by Jus144tice View Post
    Well, I downloaded the source code and added in 2 null reference checks:

NsfNode.cs: 112-114 edit

public override string ToString() {
    return val == null ? null : val.ToString();
    }

AbcfCode.cs: 36 add

if (toWrite == null)
    {
    return;
    }

This did allow me to save the modified StartPos.esf back to disk without exceptions!

Still doesn't let me play as Argos but at least I can play around with it now.
    Could you perhaps send or attach the version of the edit esf you made with the exception handling? Making factions playable is usually by my experience trial and error. Im looking to make all factions not only playable in singleplayer, but also in multiplayer.