Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PRC government called Australia "white trash"

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: PRC government called Australia "white trash"

China has Australia so ticked that they are participating in joint allied military exercises:

https://www.breitbart.com/national-s...s-japan-india/

A little personal info. I had an uncle who served on an Australian destroyer for 3 months in WW2. Oddly enough, he was in the US Army. It' just one of those strange stories that takes place in wartime. I think they put my uncle there because he was a badass and they wanted to make the right impression on the Aussies. I can tell you he spoke highly of them.

Praeses

Default Re: PRC government called Australia "white trash"

A couple of people I know have witnessed some racism against people of Chinese ethnicity. One instance was a grandmother holding her own and her daughter's toilet paper in a supermarket during the TP Famine of march 2020, who was repeatedly informed "you have to put one back" when other of non-Chinese were likewise holding several rations for family members nearby and were not being so advised.

My feeling this is racism against Chinese ethnic identity (which Australia has a history of stretching back into the 19th century) is the sort of latent "not one of us" feeling that lurks in many societies and surfaces in periods of stress.

We do have actual right wing racist nutjobs, every country has them, who want a race war. I haven't seen a single instance of them outside of the internet. The slap up a few stickers or spraypaint slogans now and then but I haven't seen any in my area. Their online outbursts are characterised by poor logic and grammar. They may include foreign trolls but we have enough natural resources of our own in the idiot area.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123