Thread: Modding Pirate Fleets

Default Modding Pirate Fleets

Hello! I'm playing a 40 unit campaign, and want to increase the amount of ships in the spawned pirate fleets. I can't find the code for this, and have gone through all the scripts, lua_scripts and the campaign_scripting.

Am I just overlooking it, or is this in a different location?
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

Default Re: Modding Pirate Fleets

I am not sure if you can spawn armies larger than 20 but its in the cdir dilemma tables

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I would like to ask if there is a pirate fleet spawn system in IA campaign? I have played around 40 turns and have not seen any fleet spawning whatsoever !

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

no there is not

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I am not sure if you can spawn armies larger than 20 but its in the cdir dilemma tables
    Dresden, I copy/pasted the existing pirate spawns, and gave each a unique 'id' and 'incident key'. Increased STRENGTH to between 20 and 35, and adjusted entry hex by 1 (the Y down 1).

I did NOT find any text associated with this cdr_events table. I did find one for the Family_cdr_events.

Are there any other associated files I should be aware of? Anything regarding the %chance of spawning, or associated text?

And thanks for your response, and the mod in general. Epic work.
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

The chances are found in the cdir events incidents options table, the effect is in the table you found.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Can you guys somehow add the pirate spawn mechanics into IA, I mean what's the point of building and maintaining a large navies after you've defeated the other Roman factions in that campaign. Much appreciated !