Thread: Microsoft buys Zenimax Media

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Microsoft buys Zenimax Media

Reposted from the Nexus MA forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Reneer
    I don't know how I feel about this development just yet, but Microsoft intends to purchase ZeniMax Media: https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-be...max-aquisition
    I don't like it one bit and TBH I dunno what reaction I would have if this happen.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Default Re: Microsoft buys Zenimax Media

I'm not a fan at all. Some people are thinking they'll get "Fallout New Vegas 2" out of the deal but there was nothing (aside from perhaps Microsoft) stopping Obsidian and Bethesda from working together. In short I think this is not a good move for consumers but may be a good move for Microsoft's bottom line.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

I don't know how to feel about it. Bethesda has been such a mess during the past years. hopefully this will get the studio back on track to actually produce good video games.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    Bethesda has been such a mess during the past years.
    I assume you're referring to the bugs e.g navmesh bug in Skyrim.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

No. I was just referring to Fallout 4 average quality and most of all the Fallout 76 disasterclass

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Actually the Fallout76 debacle was likely highly related to the intended sell. It's quite frequent in business. If you just want to cash in quickly, and don't care about long term customer retention, you can pull the Bethesda did. While hilarous, there is no excuse. A single one of those mistakes could've been interpreted as a mistake, but the series was the result of deliberate short term profit maximisation at a complete disregard for the long term well-being of the company. Driving revenue streams up also results in higher valuations of the company, which you then can sell at a profit. Furthermore, and in part at least for the same reason, they have let their engines rot. They were quite ahead in the old days, today they are far behind. As a result, I don't see much worth in the company.

It goes without saying that I absolutely abhor the company. Oblivion was a big part in my childhood. Skyrim was OKish, but already full of soulless content spam. All that followed has been complete and utter garbage... I think. I never bothered to check. I only know about Fallout76 from the hilarious documentary made by internet historian on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Campidoctor

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Nothing much will change except bring Bethesda games to Xbox Game Pass, tbh. I don’t understand the doom and gloom when Bethesda haven’t really cared about their customers since Skyrim’s release and likely still won’t. Hopefully Microsoft will implement some form of quality control on future releases as Bethesda sorely needs it. I’m still holding out hope that TES VI will be somewhat decent and not a soulless husk of a world like Fallout 4 or even Skyrim to a lesser extent, but I don’t think Microsoft purchasing them will affect the outcome of that whatsoever.