Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battle for the Baltic 2. 01 - Repack by Gigantus

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Battle for the Baltic 2. 0 - Repack by Gigantus

I have set up the installation for easy work with sound files, so you should not have an issue replacing exciting sound tracks or adding\replacing them in the text files. Simply remove the IDX\DAT files in the data\sounds folder when you are done to generate new files.

I've installed everything, used the hotfix, but whenever I want to start late era campaign with Novgorod, it takes me back to the campaign/custom battle menu.
    Any help?
    Sig made by me, content from Broken Crescent.

Blog Entries

You need the patch as well:
    Quote Originally Posted by opening post
    Note: For some mysterious reason the texture for the Novgorod banner symbol is missing (the repacks use the Kievan symbol instead) which may cause submods to crash with the following error:
    Code:
    [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ss6.3/data/models_strat/textures/#banner_symbol_novgorod.tga is missing
    [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.
    This patch fixes the above issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    You need the patch as well:

The link does not work. Can you upload it? Thanks.
    Sig made by me, content from Broken Crescent.

Blog Entries

My bad - I linked to the fix directly instead of linking the Stainless Steel thread. The patch got updated, check here.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Is there any chance for those units to be here?
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15879346

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Battle for the Baltic 2. 01 - Repack by Gigantus

Update

Battle for the Baltic is now updated to 2.01 and includes patch 2 as well as a fix for the settings change crash.

--- Settings Fix - 3rd April 2021
    - includes previous patch
    - fixes crash issue when trying to change settings
    --- Patch 2 - 5th Dec 2020
    - includes previous patch
    - restores background music for Sweden
    - Grand Campaign fixes for Sweden by pizzaman6
    --- Patch 1 - 6th November 2020
    - resolves silver surfers
    - minor formatting corrections in EDU

Hello. i have a problem with the mod. everytime i try to start it the game crashes as i get to the initial loading screen, i did chek the system file and it said this. this is the only sub mod i have for the game and i just istalled it recently. i have otherwise only played the modb version of stainless steel 6.4. i did nothing with the files before starting it, i did the setup first and then tried to start the game but then the crash.
    apologies for any spelling mistakes.

21:52:05.557 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    21:52:05.557 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    21:52:05.557 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    21:52:05.557 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    21:52:05.557 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    21:52:05.557 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    21:52:05.557 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    21:52:05.557 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    21:52:11.694 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 85, column 166
    unit(Spear Militia) does not match up to the ownership for faction(sweden)
    21:52:11.694 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 96, column 166
    unit(Crossbow Militia) does not match up to the ownership for faction(sweden)
    21:52:11.694 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 141, column 166
    21:52:11.694 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 152, column 166
    21:52:11.694 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 197, column 166
    21:52:11.694 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 208, column 166
    21:52:11.694 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 340, column 33
    Unknown unit type specified: Riddare

Blog Entries

21:52:11.694 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 340, column 33
    Unknown unit type specified: Riddare
    That's a weird error. I have updated the installer just recently so let me check what is happening here.

Edit: I checked the installer for BotB and found that the Riddare is indeed present in the export_descr_unit file as it is supposed to be contrary to what the error message says. The unit is introduced by BotB so I can only assume that either Steam or the Virtual Store restored SS's file.

Run this tutorial from step 3 onward and delete any M2TW directory you find in the virtual store. Then install BotB again.
    Last edited by Gigantus; April 13, 2021 at 08:46 PM.

That's a weird error. I have updated the installer just recently so let me check what is happening here.

Edit: I checked the installer for BotB and found that the Riddare is indeed present in the export_descr_unit file as it is supposed to be contrary to what the error message says. The unit is introduced by BotB so I can only assume that either Steam or the Virtual Store restored SS's file.

Run this tutorial from step 3 onward and delete any M2TW directory you find in the virtual store. Then install BotB again.
    thank you i will give it a try. all that is left is to reinstall it. but i did not find any folders for medieval 2 in the local or locallow. should i also check roaming for any such folders?

Blog Entries

The tutorial describes where the vrtual store is located - you will have to 'unhide' it to access it. The procedure for unhiding is described as well.

It works now thanks for everything

Blog Entries

i recently did a custom battle and i noticed that sweden don't have any generals speeches, neither start nor finsh. is there a way tp give them the standard eastern european speeches or is that a very complicated task or hinderd by the mod in some way? or did i just run into a temporary bug (going to try again later)?
    also noticed that permanet watchtowers don't work with the campaign due to their placement. i didn't find any mentioning of it so i thought i should.

also found some errors in the system log. this did not hinder my campaign or anything, but does anyone know what might have caused them?
    10:23:27.266 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 5166, column 47
    Yaroslav age(96) is greater than the maximum permitted age(90)
    10:23:27.294 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 733, column 35
    faction type not recognised
    10:28:59.578 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 5166, column 47
    Yaroslav age(96) is greater than the maximum permitted age(90)
    10:28:59.601 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 733, column 35
    faction type not recognised
    10:43:56.789 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Genoa_galley_built>
    : <nc_character_record> is unavailable from event <UnitTrained>
    10:44:09.193 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Venice_galley_built>
    : <nc_character_record> is unavailable from event <UnitTrained>

Blog Entries

Towers and forts cannot be build in a region where a flood has happened. But the flood disaster is disabled in this mod if memory serves so I am not sure what would stop you from building watchtowers. Note: you can only build towers in regions owned by you.

'age(96) is greater than the maximum permitted age' this is not a critical error and the family tree should still be working fine, I am assuming a manual change in the settings which the log warnings do not account for.

<nc_character_record> is unavailable from event <UnitTrained> - that will be a trigger (trait or ancillary) that will fail to work, hence not applying the trait\ancillary. Not fatal.

Towers and forts cannot be build in a region where a flood has happened. But the flood disaster is disabled in this mod if memory serves so I am not sure what would stop you from building watchtowers. Note: you can only build towers in regions owned by you.

'age(96) is greater than the maximum permitted age' this is not a critical error and the family tree should still be working fine, I am assuming a manual change in the settings which the log warnings do not account for.

<nc_character_record> is unavailable from event <UnitTrained> - that will be a trigger (trait or ancillary) that will fail to work, hence not applying the trait\ancillary. Not fatal.
    sorry i must have explained the thing with the towers badly. with that i specificly ment the permantet watchtowers from the stainless steel setup wich creates a set of watchtowers in all provinces. those pre placed towers seem to conflict with the bftb changes of the terrain.

also do you have an answer to my question regarding the pre battle speeches? is it doabel to give sweden or is the procces of doing so too complicated or is there something with the submod that might conlict with that?

Blog Entries

Pre battle speech - there is a work around by adding the faction to the descr_sounds_db.xml file (opens with Notepad) which then will allow one liners, getting full speeches is a rather complex issue. After that you need to remove the two events files (keep a copy as backup) from the data\sounds directory to enable the changes.

Towers - the map of BotB differs from the one that Stainless Steel uses which means the tower co-ordinates will be all over the place. That can only be fixed by changing those co-ordinates in the script that gets merged - another long, drawn out procedure.

Pre battle speech - there is a work around by adding the faction to the descr_sounds_db.xml file (opens with Notepad) which then will allow one liners, getting full speeches is a rather complex issue. After that you need to remove the two events files (keep a copy as backup) from the data\sounds directory to enable the changes.

Towers - the map of BotB differs from the one that Stainless Steel uses which means the tower co-ordinates will be all over the place. That can only be fixed by changing those co-ordinates in the script that gets merged - another long, drawn out procedure.
    Ok thanks. I did during some recent campaign battles find that i sometimes could get one liners, once when the odds were wery much in my favor and the other time was when i had an actual general in my army, but that one was also in my favor so it might have been more due to that. so it seems the way it is set for the mod allows situational one liners. the way you described it, is that wat i have to do to get constant one liners (since that is better than not having the longer speeches and just a pause followed by cheers) or is that how it already is for the mod?

also when adding the faction to the descr_sounds_db.xml file do i need to spell it the Kingdome of Sweden or is kingdome of sweden enough? is the process save game compatibel or do i need to redo my campaign for that?

I seem to be unable to download the mod. The links in the first post seem to be broken. Could someone please point me towards a working link? Thank you very much!

I'm trying to download the mod again, and I can confirm what khatmar is saying, both links are not working for me either.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast