Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battle for the Baltic 2. 01 - Repack by Gigantus

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Battle for the Baltic 2. 0 - Repack by Gigantus

Thanks for the reminder, I'll have a look at the silver surfers and will do the rename Seville to Badjoz issue as well.

Edit: Yikes, 320 lines of silver surfer errors, that could take a bit. Seems to be mostly textures for slaves with the odd sweden and lithuania thrown in. Some carry forward from Stainless Steel as well, eg aragon, jerusalem.
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 05, 2020 at 07:11 AM.

Blog Entries

UPDATE

The fix for the silver surfers is now available. I have added entries for missing factions in the modelDB file but there is still a possibility that already referenced texture files are missing. Should you still encounter silver surfers kindly let me know the unit and it's faction.

Seville did not get renamed (sorry pizzaaman6) as it isn't part of 'Battle of the Baltic' sub mod.

Download here - save game compatible.

Thank you Gigantus. I will personally keep an eye out for remaining Silver Surfers, and I might even make a Bugfix for BftB that maybe you could host on the front page as an 'unofficial' patch. My skill with modding M2TW is limited, but I can definitely fix the Seville/Badajoz thing and fix armies that are meant to be garrisoned starting right outside the city, instead of in it.

Blog Entries

Any assistance is always welcome.

Last time I'm going to advocate for this, I promise...but after changing the name of Seville to Badajoz, I also was going to change the ancilliary you get from Lord/Emir of Seville to Lord/Emir of Badajoz for consistency, but it turns out it is already Badajoz, so as it stands in the mod right now, when you conquer "Seville" you become the "Lord/Emir of Badajoz", so that might be important enough to officially change, cause of that inconsistency.

Also I found many instances of empty cities, that had their intended garrisons placed incorrectly outside of those cities that I fixed. Once I complete these changes I will send them to you if you'd like. And I strongly feel that as was the case with fixing the silver surfers this should be an official patch, that will help with the legacy of this mod.

Blog Entries

I am still not sure why you continue about Seville\Badajoz - that will only be applicable to Stainless Steel, not to battle of the Baltic.
    I saw those empty cities (exclusively HRE it seems), there are however no incorrectly placed garrisons\armies that I noticed when starting as HRE. It does provide the player with a challenge, putting some weak garrisons in them is a good idea, no doubt.

There are a number of things that can still be done with the mod, one of my standard things is to create faction unique rebel symbols (over empty settlements\in FoW) and religion based rebel banners.

The Battle of the Baltic submod also augments the Early and Late regular grand campaign of Stainless Steel, adding Sweden to both campaigns, but while this is a net positive, it also undos some of the good work of the bugfixed Stainless Steel grand campaigns.

These are the armies I moved:

For the Early campaign

Nearby HRE army standing one step outside of Bologna into the empty city
    Nearby Byzantine army into the empty city of Corinth
    Nearby Byzantine army into the empty Crimea province city
    Nearby Moorish army into the empty city of Granada

For the Late campaign

Nearby HRE army standing one step outside of Bologna into the empty city
    Nearby Rebel (Latin Empire) army into the empty city of Corinth
    Nearby Hungarian army into the empty city of Baia

Most of these “armies” I moved, were just 2 units without a general standing near the city, and were clearly intended as garrisons, but not placed in the proper x/y coordinates of the city. I haven’t looked at the actual Battle for the Baltic campaign yet personally, just the BftB versions of the early/late grand campaign.
    Last edited by pizzaman6; November 07, 2020 at 06:38 PM.

Blog Entries

It 'augments' the standard campaigns by way of modified base files (data and world directory), it can be assumed that issues will pop up if you play those campaigns with BotB installed.

The issues you name are exactly that - simply rename the SS6.3 directory to 'baltic' and edit the CFG file accordingly (mod =mods/baltic) and update the desktop shortcuts. Now re-install Stainless and play it from that installation without these issues.

Unless I totally misunderstood your intent for wanting to edit the default campaigns of Stainless.
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 07, 2020 at 09:33 PM.

To be clear, I do not care about the “Baltic area” campaign personally, I only use this mod for the addition of Sweden into the Grand Campaign (particularly the late grand campaign) The BftB submod has it’s own grand campaign descr_strat(s) that overwrite the base SS ones and create it’s own version of the Grand Campaign with the addition of Sweden. If this is too confusing somehow I will just forget about it, I’m trying to help fix more bugs with this mod, but I feel like maybe we’re not getting anywhere at this point.

Blog Entries

OK, now that I understand your motivation I'll be able to assist. To integrate Sweden properly into the default campaigns you will need to edit content from some of the files in the data\campaign\baltic folder into the corresponding files in the 'early' and 'late' folders.
    These files get copied whenever you select the era in the Stainless set up, simply editing the default files in the main directory will set you back to square one when you change the era.

BftB ALREADY adds them to the default campaign. With all due respect, maybe physically take a look at it if there is this much confusion.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Pizzaman6,

I was the Beta Tester for Caesar Clivus and the BfTB Sub Mod of Stainless Steel. I /we did not test anything related to the Early and Late Campaigns of 6.4, it was not of any interest, other than Sweden was added to the 6.4. Tbh if there were errors in those campaigns, then we were not interested, we were interested in BftB campaign only, that was what it was always about. If you have not played BftB then you should, it really is interesting and great fun, you will find the naval side of the campaignvery demanding.

NJ

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Blog Entries

I had to go back to the installation files for BftB - Sweden is indeed already integrated in the default campaigns. I was under the impression that the Stainless default campaigns were not altered by the installation.
    The campaign\backup folder still holds original files without Sweden.

Saying I did not care about the Baltic campaign came off a little harsh. I was actually going to fix bugs that I could find in that campaign too, I just have a hard time playing the smaller campaigns (with few factions) generally, including the Kingdoms campaigns.

That backup folder seems to be some redundant leftover. I was checking out the Regions and Provinces file in there, and it was referencing cities that aren’t even in the grand campaign, like Kuttenberg. In any case, I’m not interested in restoring the install to the regular SS (non Sweden) versions of the grand campaign. I was simply trying to provide additional bugfixes to the BftB (Sweden included) versions of the grand campaign.
    Last edited by pizzaman6; November 08, 2020 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Added second paragraph

Hi Gigantus, just a minor problem: when I play the Swedish Campaign, their is no background music. All other factions seems fine , expect swedish. This problem was not there before your update. I have tried deleting .idx files in sound folder, and restarting. No change. Please help.
    I know its minor, but you are the greatest modder for this game, I remember you going back 16 years ago, as I also contributed in SS. And you are a perfectionist :p
    Let me know how I can correct this issue, thanks

Blog Entries

It's surprising that the music ever played, now that I checked the files. There is no new descr_sounds_accents file that allocates sound to the faction. Do you get any sound on the strat map?

If so then some default mechanism takes care of that (need to check after installing the sub mod again). In the meantime go to the mods\SS6.3\data\world\maps\base directory and open the descr_sounds_music_types file with Notepad and add sweden to the first 'factions' line:
    Code:
    factions sweden denmark scotland france hre england teutonic_order norway jerusalem
    Open the descr_sounds_accents file (not supplied by the sub mod) in the data folder, check if sweden exists and if not add sweden to the East European accent
    Code:
    accent East_European
        factions sweden kievan_rus, russia, poland, hungary, denmark, norway, lithuania
    Now delete the events.idx and dat files in the data\sounds folder and start the mod.

I'll have a deeper look into it and will make sure to correct that issue with an updated fix.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 03, 2020 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    It's surprising that the music ever played, now that I checked the files. There is no new descr_sounds_accents file that allocates sound to the faction. Do you get any sound on the strat map?

If so then some default mechanism takes care of that (need to check after installing the sub mod again). In the meantime go to the mods\SS6.3\data\world\maps\base directory and open the descr_sounds_music_types file with Notepad and add sweden to the first 'factions' line:
    Code:
    factions sweden denmark scotland france hre england teutonic_order norway jerusalem
    Open the descr_sounds_accents file (not supplied by the sub mod) in the data folder, check if sweden exists and if not add sweden to the East European accent
    Code:
    accent East_European
        factions sweden kievan_rus, russia, poland, hungary, denmark, norway, lithuania
    Now delete the events.idx and dat files in the data\sounds folder and start the mod.

I'll have a deeper look into it and will make sure to correct that issue with an updated fix.
    Hi Gigantus. Yes, Sweden was missing in your updated descr_sounds_music_types file. It works fine now. Thanks!
    You need to have background music, its very calming and relaxing before a battle! lol
    Take care buddy, Happy Holidays!

Blog Entries

Thanks for coming back on this.

Blog Entries

UPDATE

--- Patch 2 - 5th Dec 2020
    - includes previous patch
    - restores background music for Sweden
    - Grand Campaign fixes for Sweden by pizzaman6

Get it here

Good work Gigantus, short question can I insert the original Teutonic sounds from the music to have for the German order his original music ? I like it very much

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast