Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battle for the Baltic 2. 01 - Repack by Gigantus

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Battle for the Baltic 2. 01 - Repack by Gigantus

Apologies for a rush job, some RL stuff came up and so I thought I'll upload what I have done so far. Actually it's only the silver surfers that still need to be sorted out. The checker I use came up with a list of slightly over 300 instances that require attention, it's possible that from unused models or EDU entries, but that will take a while to sort out and will only involve the modelDB file, so it will basically be just a 'patch'. Do feel free to notify me here of stuff that needs 'fixing' and I'll try to attend to it over time.

Without further ado, here the download at Mediafire.
    Google Drive mirror by Bagatur Sasha

It's one of my simple 'click through' installers with a file check at the end, shouldn't really give issues. Underneath a more detailed list of what I did:

• - includes hotfix
    • - corrected several crash issues
    • - enabled sound file regenerating for new TXT files
    • - disabled flood disaster as it is bugged
    • - corrected minor campaign script errors
    • - corrected duplicated trigger names in EDA
    • - corrected duplicated trigger names in EDCT

Battle for the Baltic Update History
    --- Settings Fix - 3rd April 2021
    - fixes crash issue when trying to change settings
    - includes previous patch
    --- Patch 2 - 5th Dec 2020
    - includes previous patch
    - restores background music for Sweden
    - Grand Campaign fixes for Sweden by pizzaman6
    --- Patch 1 - 6th November 2020
    - resolves silver surfers
    - minor formatting corrections in EDU

Note:
    For some mysterious reason the texture for the Novgorod banner symbol is missing in Stainless Steel (the repack uses the Kievan symbol instead) which may cause submods to crash with the following error:
    Code:
    [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ss6.3/data/models_strat/textures/#banner_symbol_novgorod.tga is missing
    [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.
    Get the fix here.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 10, 2021 at 09:56 PM. Reason: restored links

Default Re: Battle for the Baltic 2. 0 - Repack by Gigantus

Hail Gigantus! Thanks a lot for your effort and time.

Blog Entries

I'm still having the exact same issue with a new campaign not starting after selecting a faction. It almost loads, and then crashes.

Blog Entries

Try by first starting Stainless and setting it to early campaign with only the AI chosen. Then start again and select the Baltic campaign. If that doesn't help then please submit the error log (please compress before uploading).

The Baltic campaign is the only one that works, but I’m trying to play the late grand campaign that BFTB provides (with the addition of Sweden)

System Logs for after crashing with both the early and late campaigns. No submods were selected in setup, only the default AI choice.

early_crash_system.log.7z

late_crash_system.log.7z

Blog Entries

late crash:

01:56:23.094 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ss6.3/data/models_strat/textures/#banner_symbol_novgorod.tga is missing
    01:56:23.107 [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.

early crash:

01:54:21.779 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ss6.3/data/models_strat/textures/#banner_symbol_novgorod.tga is missing
    01:54:21.792 [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.

This is an issue of a missing texture - check your data\descr_sm_factions files (multiple - not only the regular file but also the ones in the backup, early and late directories in the data\campaign folder) for the 'novgorod' entry and replace the symbol line with models_strat/symbol_kievan_rus.cas.

No offense intended, but I'm using both your repackaged full install of SS and your BFTB Repack, and haven't changed anything. Shouldn't this just be patched in your installer?

Blog Entries

I am busy doing a fresh install of my SS repack to see what is happening.

Ok, the campaign works after following your instructions so that's good. I definitely appreciate the attention to this! One very specific change from Meloo's bugfix that I would suggest that you could make for your BFTB repack, is to rename Seville to Badjoz as the bugfixer had done. I know how to do it for myself, but I think it would be a good improvement that would be an easy fix.

Sorry to double post but I can't edit my posts I think. It's actually "Badajoz"

Blog Entries

I did a fresh install of my repack and did not manage to find any descr_sm_factions file using symbol_novgorod.cas which is causing the error. The cas file is present but not the required texture (see pic for tracing).

Here is what I did:

Installed a fresh instance of SS and selected 'late' campaign with only AI selection
    Exited and selected 'early' campaign with only AI selection
    Installed Baltic and selected 'Baltic' campaign with only AI selection

In all three cases I had no problem to get the game to start, eg ended up on the campaign map without an issue. The original installation used the symbol_novgorod.cas file if I remember correctly (it's still there) but I changed that to the symbol_kievan_rus.cas file - it's still a mystery why I would have deleted the novgorod texture unless I renamed it for use with the symbol_kievan_rus.cas file.
    In any case I have no idea how you would have gotten the error as it is not present in my repacks. My guess would be an old installation\sub mod or, heaven forbid, a virtual store issue.

I am going to provide the required texture in a 'hotfix' which will be the easiest way to solve this issue.

I have my virtual store disabled to the best of my knowledge, and it was a 100% fresh install so I’m not sure how that could happen. I hope I can use the submods now that this specific issue is resolved.

Blog Entries

Here is the Hotfix as promised - it provides the missing texture for older sub mods. I'll make a prominent note with link in the OP.

I know I've asked for a lot, but if it's not too much trouble, could you make Battle for the Baltic compatible with the 2 turns per year submod that comes with your full Stainless Steel installer?

If not, can you guide me on making it two turns per year? To my knowledge it's only the Timescale being changed to 0.5 and changing an aging script or something, right? Would I have to change anything regarding when historical events happen?

Blog Entries

Correct, you only need to change the timescale entry in descr_strat. 2 turns per year is a sequence that does not require a seasonal script. I am not sure if there are any turn based historic_event in the script that would be effected by it - a quick search did not turn up anything, but all you have to do is look for I_TurnNumber in the script and use common sense to see if the number needs doubling.

If you want to go perfectionist then you would also need to double the building and recruiting times in the EDB and half the fertility values in descr_regions.
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 02, 2020 at 09:42 PM.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Awesome, I have not played this great mod in a while. Thank you

Blog Entries

I just wanted to ask if you were still planning on addressing the silver surfers and outstanding issues? Can't think of a way to ask this that doesn't sound like nothing is ever good enough, but I definitely appreciate all you have done here, and this (on top of SS) in my new 'perfect' M2TW vanilla.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast