Thread: Crash around 150 turns I think, cant tell however it happen for all factions regardless

Icon4 Crash around 150 turns I think, cant tell however it happen for all factions regardless

Cannot even continue the campaign. Crash before it finish loading
    This happen on several factions I played, and I am sure I followed the instruction from MODB correctly.
    Install the main mod + 4.2
    Attached Files Attached Files

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: Crash around 150 turns I think, cant tell however it happen for all factions regardless

I can’t look at the log until I get home, but did you update to 4.2 and are now trying to load a save game from a previous version?
    Last edited by Seether; September 20, 2020 at 11:51 AM.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Default Re: Crash around 150 turns I think, cant tell however it happen for all factions regardless

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I can’t look at the log until I get home, but did you update to 4.2 and are now trying to load a save game from a previous version?
    nope. This is a fresh install both medieval kingdoms and the mods.
    thanks for looking into it

I'm not seeing anything that stands out, although I noticed that you have Medieval II (and Steam) installed in Program Files. I can't speak specifically for Steam, but installing Medieval II in Program Files has been known to cause tons of issues for mods. EBII, for example, has had a long history with Program Files wreaking havoc on their mod. So much, in fact, that they do not at all support installing Medieval II in Program Files (due to the issues it causes), with QuintusSertorius creating very specific instructions on how to both create a Steam Library and install Medieval II outside of Program Files (see "M2TW Installation Instructions").

Other than that, I'm not seeing any issues from your log or any way of restoring those save-games. Doubtful if they can be restored even after moving Medieval II.
    Last edited by Seether; September 20, 2020 at 08:11 PM.

From Gigantus:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus
    It crashes at the loading screen processing - any chance descr_transition_screen or text\quotes are not in sequence, eg an entry is missing? He can easily check this by removing those files (txt and string.bin).