Thread: Egypt cannot build roman province

Default Egypt cannot build roman province

Alexandria and upper egypt (but not memphis) for whatever reason cannot build roman province.

Considering that i can build roman province as far as garmantia or bosporus then i believe this is some sort of oversight?

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: Egypt cannot build roman province

I think I vaguely remember that from my own Romani campaign. Yeah, that's weird, especially since Cleopatra's Ptolemaic Egypt fell and became a Roman province in 30 BC under Octavian. That's clearly within the timeline of EBII that ends with the death of Augustus in 14 AD. Building allied governments is okay, but there should be a provincial option for such an enormously important region of the Mediterranean, perhaps the most important in terms of the regional economy. Or was it just Alexandria that couldn't build the provincial government? Have you tried it in other Egyptian regions?

You can build roman province in memphis and that two insignificant village near diaspholos megales. But you cannot build it in Alexandria and Diaspolos megales is still weird for roman expansion.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Yeah, now I remember! Also, that settlement Oasis Megale is only insignificant if the Ptolemies fail to upgrade the settlement, but I eventually made it into a large city as the Romans, if I recall, with a provincial government at that. I agree, though, the fact Alexandria can't be provincialized is strange, almost sounds like a mistake.

I can't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to. The only restriction on upgrading to a provinc is that it can't be in Italy, and the list of regional limitations on the provinc itself include Egypt.

Hi, Quintus Sertorius. The same problem happens in Kambodunon, in Rhaetia. Can't build any guvt there, including Roman province. This needs to be fixed.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie Louise von Preussen View Post
    Hi, Quintus Sertorius. The same problem happens in Kambodunon, in Rhaetia. Can't build any guvt there, including Roman province. This needs to be fixed.
    Eastern Celtic regions aren't intended, so that's working as it should. If that was included, it would massively expand the range of places that could be made provinces.

I have no idea why Egypt isn't working, when that's included.

... but historically you know that Romans conquered Rhaetia (capital Cambodunum, later changed elsewhere I don't remember), Britannia, also Tarodunon. So there's a case for building provinces in there. I can build Roman province in Noreia and Segestika but not there.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

I've rewritten the availability of the provinc using upgrade paths, instead of the building requirements. Which allows a more specific targeting, and should mean Egypt works properly. Beware, it's been limited to the places that were provinces in our time period, which means the great swathe across Iran and central Asia has gone, as has Brittania. For those places, it's Allied Government or at best Civitas Libera.