Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many turns of a campaign do you play before you lose interest?

Campidoctor

Default Re: How many turns of a campaign do you play before you lose interest?

It's not a grind if you love it. I haven't auto resolved a single battle in this campaign (not even single unit cleanup jobs), and I play them on super slowmo (0.1 or 0.2 speed for the most part) to get lots of screenshots. Big battles tend to take 3-5 hours. Everything feels larger scale and correspondingly more epic at those speeds. Ahh, good stuff.

Far as empire maintenance, I have young generals in training all the time making their way across the empire to put down small scale rebellions and get their experience up for real wars. And probably over 90% of my territory is client kingdoms, not direct rule. Plus this is an older version of the mod, I think there might be more mechanics in place now for empire instability based on cultures and whatnot.

I'd welcome more instability and mechanics making it harder to keep your grip on huge empires. Long as it also affected AI factions. No fun being artificially hampered and unable to compete with enemies who can outgrow you under similar conditions. That said, Pergamon bas been fighting rebellions for a long time now. Ptolemies even resurfaced at one point, taking over all their African territory and well into middle east far as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    I haven't auto resolved a single battle in this campaign (not even single unit cleanup jobs), and I play them on super slowmo (0.1 or 0.2 speed for the most part) to get lots of screenshots. Big battles tend to take 3-5 hours. Everything feels larger scale and correspondingly more epic at those speeds. Ahh, good stuff.
    Are you one of those guys who, when they are playing a submarine sim, doesn't use time compression and instead takes 2 actual months to get to their patrol zone?

redin5ide.82's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    It's not a grind if you love it. I haven't auto resolved a single battle in this campaign (not even single unit cleanup jobs), and I play them on super slowmo (0.1 or 0.2 speed for the most part) to get lots of screenshots. Big battles tend to take 3-5 hours. Everything feels larger scale and correspondingly more epic at those speeds. Ahh, good stuff.

Far as empire maintenance, I have young generals in training all the time making their way across the empire to put down small scale rebellions and get their experience up for real wars. And probably over 90% of my territory is client kingdoms, not direct rule. Plus this is an older version of the mod, I think there might be more mechanics in place now for empire instability based on cultures and whatnot.

I'd welcome more instability and mechanics making it harder to keep your grip on huge empires. Long as it also affected AI factions. No fun being artificially hampered and unable to compete with enemies who can outgrow you under similar conditions. That said, Pergamon bas been fighting rebellions for a long time now. Ptolemies even resurfaced at one point, taking over all their African territory and well into middle east far as I recall.
    You're an hero man

Campidoctor

Yeah... yeah I guess I am!

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Camcolit View Post
    Are you one of those guys who, when they are playing a submarine sim, doesn't use time compression and instead takes 2 actual months to get to their patrol zone?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12