View Poll Results: Shall phazer phaze into an Artifex?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 95.65%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

1 4.35%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [ARTIFEX]phazer (Patron: Flinn)

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default [ARTIFEX]phazer (Patron: Flinn)

My bit Hello there fellow Citizens, it’s me again.. I have to say, 2020 has been a naughty year for many, and it was also the year I dedicated most time to promote people in the Curia for both Citizenship and Large Awards.. is that a coincidence?

Silly jokes aside, I’m here today to present you a relatively new member of this community, phazer who has imposed himself to the attention of his fellow modders because of his very good modding tools. Since I’m not a modder myself and because of the facts that a modding tool does not have the immediate visibility of a, say, overhaul mod, for once instead of posting the recommendation letters at the end of the application, I’ll integrate them to my bit to better illustrate his modding contributions.

Let’s start with when I first noticed him: it was during 2018 modding awards, that he was voted as the second best (ex aequo) new modder.

There aren’t many new modders, especially for the new titles, so this in itself It’s a merit he has.. to further add to this he was voted during 2019 edition as the “Favorite Tool & Resource maker for Warscape Engine”

And this is certainly a big achievement and recognition he already got from the community (once again, I’m not a modder, but I know that a lot of people has complained about the lack of tools for Warscape engine, and his works at the least partly fill the gap). His main contribution is in the 3D modeling, which is a rather big field to work at.. while I was asking Gig’s opinion on phazer’s works, that’s what he told me..
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus
    I am not very versed with 3D stuff but anyone that works on a tool over that length of time is an automatic artifex for me.
    I mean, we can assume that Gig knows what he’s talking about when it comes to modding, can’t we?

However, during the same 2019 Modding Awards edition he has been chosen by the Committee as one of the 3 favorite modders for that year;

Since Steph was the one who proposed him, I’ll use his words
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph
    I have been following more closely phazer's work recently. He is more active on Discord, which allow more interactive exchanges during the development of his tools, but he is also active here, where he posts updated of this progress for the major milestones, and also TWC is where the "public" versions can be found.
    I've seen a lot of progress in the tools, with clearly a lot of work, skills and passion behind. The tool is not finished, but it's because phazer is expanded it regularly, taking into account new demands from the community, not because it's left in a draft stage.
    As it is now, it is already usable, and very impressive; it can display an animate units directly from the game files, with a selection of different parts, and with a final rendering very close from the game. We are very close from an "army painter" requested by many on CA official forum, although sadly for them, it will remains as a powerful editor for mods, and not integrated inside the game... But that would require a lot of changes by CA and is unlikely to happen.
    I'm sure phazer still has a lot of ideas in his to-do list, his own or from the community, and his tools should only get better, with more cool features coming.
    And beside his technical achievement, I also like phazer's view about the community, sharing ideas, suggestions, and making a tool to help the others as much as possible. He clearly does this because he greatly enjoy the challenge, but in a spirit of service to the community that I appreciate.
    I echo the comment about him showing a spirit of service to the community, which is what made me actually think at first that I could sponsor him.
    As I’m here, I’ll also report Mr. Jox’s and Frodo45127’s words about phazer’s work

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jox
    Greetings,
    You might or might not remember me, I was in charge of pushing the modding boundaries of newest total war games, that includes export of the models and animations from game format to raw format, I also established a pipeline to add new fully working custom buildings to the game and now I’m working hard on making a campaign map modding possible.
    phazer is a really dedicated guy to the total war series and he wants to follow the exact same path, to push modding capabilities in newer games even further.
    He proved it with his great tool to add animations back in game and greatly improved overall process of getting files out of the game. This is already enough to be a recognized artifex
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo45127
    Apart of being a modder with a few years of experience, phazers quite a seasoned tool maker, having done over the last year a quite good tool to finally edit rigidmodels (RMEditor), something that was specially a pain to do before, and could potentially cost a few bucks due to the only alternative being a paid one. Despite only being in the works for a year or so, his work was quite consistent, and it looks like it will continue to be like that in the near future, with some new big features he's preparing. So, judging by that, I recommend him for the status/rank of Artifex.

Applicant's bit
    Hello

My(nick)name is phazer. I am a programmer (and modder) who have specialized in making graphical modding tool specifically for TW games. My guiding principle is that I write code that makes modding morea ccessible to artists (and others), as I believe that this will lead to to better mods.
    If the artists are freed from the really tedious stuff they can focus all their energy on creating the actual art (models, animations, textures....)
    I am very dedicated to this hobby, and I will only stop when there is nothing left to improve, or if the “rest” is literally impossible (as many thought custom animations were).
    I believe that I am worthy of this honour, being accepted as artifex, as my software has changed the way modding is done in certain fields(custom model import, texture editing, etc.) and furthermore, my software has opened up completely new avenues of TW modding (easy import of custom animations / easier import of custom model).

At the top there are the newest versions of my 2 tools
    1: RMEditor Main Thread: (11,656 views) : https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...W-BETTER-VIDEO
    2: MicroDDS Main Thread: (2,511 views): https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ts-TGA-UPDATED!

Here are the main mods, the short list, I have quite a few more, minor ones, but those are the main ones:

HD Cities, All City Types, Rome2
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4378

HD Barbarian Cities, very different from the type included in the above mod, they can be used together, so this one replaces the "normal" barbarian cities
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4409

HD Shield Pattern Mod, I redrew the Rome2 Vanilla shield patterns in a much higher resolution, for legionaries
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4430

Better Gladius 3 HD 2K, high resolution retexture of rome2 standard gladius

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4380

Better Gladius 4 Rome 2, high resolution retexture of rome2 standard gladius

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4389

DeI Campaign Camera SubMod:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4441

Also, TWC is the only message board / site I have ever used for my tools and mods, of course there are steam+discord, other ways for people to interact, but nowhere else it is a complete, contained community, with events, messages, resources, downloadable content and a dedicated and varied mass of followers (and pleasant "staff" ).
    I have a great amount of respect and appreciation for that. A lot of the info I needed for my tools I got from TWC.

What to say more? The dude is still green here at TWC, but he has done quite a lot already, as many have decided to testify in this application.

Flinn,
    Of the Church
    Of the Latter Day Dude
    Last edited by Flinn; September 17, 2020 at 02:53 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [ARTIFEX]phazer (Patron: Flinn)

Yes.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Support, a really helpful guy. The tools he makes are high quality, much more than I'd expect for these games.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Hello there fellow Citizens, it’s me again.. I have to say, 2020 has been a naughty year for many, and it was also the year I dedicated most time to promote people in the Curia for both Citizenship and Large Awards.. is that a coincidence?
    I wonder why didn't you nominated phazer for Opifex since he deserves it IMO.

Support.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Support obviously

BTW, the first two links are truncated and not working. Here are the correct links

1: RMEDitor
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...W-BETTER-VIDEO

2: MicroDDS
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ts-TGA-UPDATED
    Last edited by Steph; September 16, 2020 at 11:25 PM.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

support

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    I wonder why didn't you nominated phazer for Opifex since he deserves it IMO.

Support.
    Because I like to do the things step by step

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Support obviously

BTW, the first two links are truncated and not working. Here are the correct links

1: RMEDitor
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...W-BETTER-VIDEO

2: MicroDDS
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ts-TGA-UPDATED
    thanks, amended
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Actually, I'm glad that you said you were immortal Flinn because with all my bros, that would have been a hell of a fight to get your inheritance

On a serious note, support. A well deserved one here
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Actually, I'm glad that you said you were immortal Flinn because with all my bros, that would have been a hell of a fight to get your inheritance
    Don't worry, since there's nothing to inherit

remember that I took a wove of poverty

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I don't believe you
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I got quoted already - so all that's left is to officially support this.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Support.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Support!

Poll added
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Support and Voted!

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Voted.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Voted.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Voted
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Another of Flinn's progeny? Hah, glorious, my time as the youngest comes to an end. Voted in support.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Voted.
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Voted.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast