Thread: Parthia campaing difficulty issues.

Default Parthia campaing difficulty issues.

Hello.

On "Normal" difficulty the campaign it is super easy. Can forge confederation super easily and everyone around you just loves you. Once Bactria is down, game is simply over since you will be extremly rich.

But on hard and higher, I can't seem to find a solution. Although I have green reliationships with bactria and 3 treaties, they declare war on me. (I guess it is scripted?) So I have to reload saves almost every other turn.
    You basically have no income, and the only "good" unit you have is noble cavalary which costs 900 to unkeep.

Nobody wants to trade with you. It's frustrating that my neighbours ask money to make treaties to just break them next turn.

I thought that AI only gets gold and less penalties when you increase the difficulty. How does it really work?
    Also, have anyone recently played Parthia on H or VH? Could you give me some advice please?

Default Re: Parthia campaing difficulty issues.

I unfortunately don't have any good advice for Parthia, but I will say that the war declaration is not scripted. On harder difficulties the AI is much more likely to declare war.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Yeah, some of those harder start positions depend on luck on harder difficulties. If the Seleucid satrapies all declare war on you early on, you'll be in trouble, but it's somewhat random. It doesn't happen every time. Either way, you'll have to use your crappy early units to win some uneven battles in the early game. Can't rely on autoresolves. Also make sure to keep your battle difficulty on Normal. It's just punishingly difficult if you accidentally leave it on higher battle difficulty.

I tried harder and harder, and it actually got quite good!
    The only problem I still have is that bactria keeps declaring war on me with +190 reliationships.
    I guess it is scripted.

Also nobody wants to do treaties even though we are like +200.
    I don't get it.

It's not scripted. Just the AI is set to be aggressive, so it will betray you when it feels like it's a good idea, and it's hard to get treaties, especially on harder difficulties.

Civis

join war against --> parthava ( whom ever is against them), loot, full stack of horse archer army. Profit

Quote Originally Posted by T2av View Post
    join war against --> parthava ( whom ever is against them), loot, full stack of horse archer army. Profit
    It has gone that way eventually.
    The problem as I mentioned earlier was the Bactria keep declaring war on me with +196 reliationship. I use alternative economy mod and I have used %40-50 of my starting income to get good reliationships with bactria.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by tndgu View Post
    It has gone that way eventually.
    The problem as I mentioned earlier was the Bactria keep declaring war on me with +196 reliationship. I use alternative economy mod and I have used %40-50 of my starting income to get good reliationships with bactria.
    The entire middle east area is full of treacherous Nations, betray or be betrayed. take baktria out early, and prepare for the horde of Maurya.