Thread: How to limit Army Capacity by General Level

Default How to limit Army Capacity by General Level

Hi everyone/anyone,

I want to have it so that only high level generals can field a full 20-stack army, so I was wondering how one could limit the size of the army by level of the general. This is to scale battles to be smaller early and then bigger in late game and also prevent enemies being able to fully stack another army after one of their generals was just defeated.

I assume this would require some scripting, but I'm not sure where/how to start, and would like to know if anyone could point me in the right direction or give me ideas.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: How to limit Army Capacity by General Level

I'm not sure for a global size limit, but it should be possible

DrunkFlamingo has a mod that introduce a limit of special/rare units (10 special and 5 rares), you can have in an army. The rest should be core units.

I made a variation of this for SWO-RD, where the limit it based on lord ranks.

Rank 1 lord can have only almost core units, while a rank 40 lord could have more rare and special.

Not exactly what you are looking for, but at least it means powerful stacks are for the best generals.

Thanks! That sounds like it's quite close to what I'd be trying to achieve... Can you share that with me or let me know where I can find it?

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

SWO-RD core, where you can find my modified script to have a rank based limit, is here
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1456177922

Table Top Caps with the base system is here
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1456828999