Thread: Sima Yi and Unaligned Generals

Icon4 Sima Yi and Unaligned Generals

So base question is if Sima Yi is available for anyone or is he a character that only appears in Cao Cao's campaign? I ask because for the longest time I thought Zhuge Liang was only available through Liu Bei's campaign, until I bumped into him by accident near Jing, so I figure I'd ask if Sima Yi is like that too. Also is there any possibility of getting a map with locations of unaligned generals or is that not possible?

Thank You in advance

Default Re: Sima Yi and Unaligned Generals

Also follow up question: Will changing the turns per year from 12 to 4 effect the game badly, ie will it work with events per year like new family members etc, or would it still only hap[pen every 12 turns? Also if yes, how can I edit it to 4/6 turns per year? ty x

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Sima Yi is only available via the Cao Clan missions. Out of all of the Unaligned characters, I think there are only two (Zhuge Liang and Pang Tong... possibly Xu Shu also) that are hidden. The rest are out in the open. Not sure if it would be worthwhile to make a map with all of the Unaligned locations, but I'm sure someone could do it if they wanted to take the time. You can also look in descr_strat.txt and look under the 'spain' faction for the coordinates of the Unaligned characters.

Yes, it would cause problems to change from 12tpy to 4tpy. First there is the 12tpy aging script that would need to be altered, then there is also the issue with children coming of age. For an existing child to get their historic biography and traits when they come of age, there are very specific triggers that fire between specific turns for each specific child. All of those would have to be modified as well, otherwise the child will get random traits and a random generic biography when coming of age. There are a few events in the campaign_script based on turn, so those would need to be altered as well. That's all I can think of, but I'm sure there is more.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Thank Youse!

Might be an odd question so I didn;t want to post it anywhere but here in case it's a waste of a post. I'm playing as Cao Cao and noticed that there are a few settlements in the north that grant you generals, like the Capital gives you Sima Yi, Chencang gives you Hao Zhao etc. I just wondered how many cities for Cao Cao are like that and which generals/cities do I need to take? Is there a list anywhere I can look at perhaps? Sorry to bother anyone, I was just curious.

Outside of the set of missions, there are only 3 characters that you will get from taking settlements. Those are Xu Huang (Luoyang), Sima Yi (Chang'an), and Hao Zhao (Chencang). As I said, all other characters gained from conquering settlements only happens if you are doing the missions for the Cao clan.

So I was playing as Lu Bu ands beat Lou Bei and got the three brothers as a reward, and was wondering if there are any other things like this in the game? Like for example I know beating Han Sui as Ma Teng gets you them etc, but I was thinking maybe beating Sun Ce asn Yuan Shu might get you them as a reward etc. Sorry for the many questions, but was just curious for future playthroughs

There are a few others. Off the top of my head, the Xianbei will get some Xiongnu and Wuhuan leaders when conquering those respective areas, Yuan Shao gets a few pairs of officers when taking specific cities in Hebei, and Liu Zhang will get officers after taking cities in the Ba-Shu region.

Weird question to ask, but do Generals die naturally through old age? If so what is the cut off point where it usually happens and what sort of things affect it?

Gigantus can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it is all the same as vanilla. I don't recall ever doing anything to the mod to modify natural deaths.