Thread: Help Needed With Replacing Units

Default Help Needed With Replacing Units

Hey,

So i wanted to replace a few units from KCC (Kostic Chronology Costumes) with the models and textures of SSHIP (Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project), the units in question are the Crusader Knights (dismounted variant as well) from SSHIP, who i wanted to transfer to KCC Knights Templar and the Hospitaller Knights from SSHIP to KCC.

I managed to transfer the Hospitallers without any issues, i used the last armor upgrade for the models and textures i transferred, edited bm, edu correctly, and placed the correct textures and meshes in the right folders, it worked fine for both the Knights Hospitaller and their Dismounted version, but then i did the same thing with the Templars and it showed a black screen with a pop up that it ended due to an unspecified error.

I tried a few different things, editing the paths in bm myself, leaving them as they were but only editing to which meshes/textures they pointed to, renaming my textures/meshes to that of the bm path, which worked, but it caused a few other units to lose their textures as i basically overwrote those files, namely Templar Sergeants, Squires and Crossbowmen from the Jerusalem faction.

So what i am asking is, does anyone know how to take the Crusader Knights (and dismounted variant) from SSHIP and transfer them to the Templar Knights (dismounted variant as well) from KCC?

Some screenshots for reference.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

These Crusader Knights from SSHIP to Templar Knights from KCC.
    These Dismounted Crusader Knights from SSHIP to Dismounted Templar Knights from KCC, also i would like to mention that i just want to make these the last armor upgrade, not the whole unit.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: Help Needed With Replacing Units

This is not a model question, it is a scripting question, so this is not the right sub-forum to look for answers for this question.
    First you need to go through the tutorials in this sub-forum: Text Editing & Scripting (Tools-Tutorials-and-Resources).
    Then, if you don't find the tutorials there educational enough you can ask questions here: Text Editing and Scripting (just Q&A).

Default Re: Help Needed With Replacing Units

Ok, i just saw similar questions here so i thought it was the correct place, anyway, thank you.